Sofiyan Kiyine Crash (OH Leuven Player)

JorgAlbertz

Belgian footballer. Some speed, flew through a sports centre wall. And is alive.

This-what-happens-when-you-take-a-roundabout-at-200kph-Luckely-the-children-where-just-in-the-changi.jpg

I drive in Belgium a lot as my old man lives there and the motorways can be crazy places. They drive a hell of a lot faster there than here.

Wow. How he is alive after that I have no idea. I take it he has some serious injuries, if not he is one lucky mother fucker. That is a bit of airtime to thinking "oh %^*& i am dead"

How the hell is he not dead
Going to guess that the wall was tough enough to cushion the impact but weak enough to allow the car through and slow it enough so that it only went a few metres after that. Airbags and protection systems will have done their job on initial impact but hitting the ground will have hurt.

The fragility of life right there.

Imagine playing 5's in the sports centre and going through the usual hyperventilation after a lung-bursting forward run, only focused on getting back into position, and a maniac hurtles through the hall wall at 30ft high?

Makes you think. :D

Kiyine, who was formerly on the books of Serie A giants Lazio, is said to be conscious but in shock after being rushed straight to hospital.

Things could have been far worse, and not just for him, as the town’s mayor explained.

“We came close to a disaster, ” Sophie Themont told La Derniere Heure.

“”Young girls were just training just before the impact. They had returned to the locker room eleven seconds before the crash.

“Luckily, a real tragedy was avoided. The prosecutor’s expert arrived last night to examine the situation and the car has been removed for investigation.

“As of today, an office will be appointed urgently to estimate whether the stability of the structure is threatened or not.”

A few feet higher and he would have hit the solid structure resulting in instant death, he went through the thin wall cladding missing everything solid.

Chip! Can you go round the back and find Jim please?

"Go off the roundabout and fly in to the Gym. Got it"

Back