Solanke – Not Not Happening

The quality, it may or may not, but playing football in a first team professional match is more beneficial that playing reserve football.

You're comment was that reserve football, is "far far far", yes that's 3 fars better than SPFL football. Let's be real it's not. English football is heavily over rated.
Of course its more beneficial, but I'd much rather have 11 players from the reserve league than I would from the SPFL. Glen Kamara was released by Arsenal, he then came up here walked into Dundees team and outplayed nearly every midfield including ours and the filths. He was nowhere near the level of Solanke, Brewster etc

Of course its more beneficial, but I'd much rather have 11 players from the reserve league than I would from the SPFL. Glen Kamara was released by Arsenal, he then came up here walked into Dundees team and outplayed nearly every midfield including ours and the filths. He was nowhere near the level of Solanke, Brewster etc

I have no idea who Brewster is. What level are Solanke and Brewster at? Solanke has barely played a competitive first game of football. Reserve football counts for nothing if we're being honest. It's not a judge of ones talent or ability to perform under pressure.

Outplaying us last year :D Who didn't? As for outplaying them, I couldn't tell you any of the results between Dundee and them.

I have no idea who Brewster is. What level are Solanke and Brewster at? Solanke has barely played a competitive first game of football. Reserve football counts for nothing if we're being honest. It's not a judge of ones talent or ability to perform under pressure.

Outplaying us last year :D Who didn't? As for outplaying them, I couldn't tell you any of the results between Dundee and them.
Solanke has barely played first team football cause he is a 20 year old playing for Champions league finalists. I highly doubt Connor Sammon or Ryan Bowman would get a game for them, despite their ability to "perform under pressure". Could you honestly name a striker in the SPFL outwith us and them that has better ability than Solanke?

I watched most of a game at Dens with the scum & Kamara handled himself well. Good young player imo

Solanke has barely played first team football cause he is a 20 year old playing for Champions league finalists. I highly doubt Connor Sammon or Ryan Bowman would get a game for them, despite their ability to "perform under pressure". Could you honestly name a striker in the SPFL outwith us and them that has better ability than Solanke?

It's hard to do that because hardly anyone has actually seen Solanke play. His game time for Chelsea was almost zero and his game time for Liverpool has been negligable and not enough to judge how good he is.

That's me just playing devils advocate by the way.

It's hard to do that because hardly anyone has actually seen Solanke play. His game time for Chelsea was almost zero and his game time for Liverpool has been negligable and not enough to judge how good he is.

That's me just playing devils advocate by the way.

It's not devils advocate, it's sense. The truth is nobody knows how a loan player will go. Look at the nick of Musonda with the rats, he struggled to get in their bench but came off the bench for Chelsea a couple of days ago and is highly rated by them. Nemane is still on Man Citys books bit wasnt anywhere good enough to get on the bench for us. Alot depends on young players attitude. It's all about picking the right personalities mixed with the proper ability.

Never seen much of solanke. As much as I think it would be a signing well worth making I. Not sure he's the game changer some believe.

He would be coming here with it all to prove imo

I don't know if any other striker is better than Solanke, Solanke might not be better than any other striker in the SPFL either.

What have you seen of Solanke to say that he's as good as he's made out on here? It reads like he's just came off the back of a 40 goal season.

Is there any cünt that's actually seen a lot of this guy that can clear up whether he's good or not?

Not an opinion based on rep, not an opinion based on stats.

Is there any cünt that's actually seen a lot of this guy that can clear up whether he's good or not?

I'd like to know this too

We've been burned countless times by the "he plays for a top team in England so he'll be cracking up here" and yet fails miserably.

He seems to be another one of these highly rated players. That's it.

I'd like to know this too

We've been burned countless times by the "he plays for a top team in England so he'll be cracking up here" and yet fails miserably.

He seems to be another one of these highly rated players. That's it.

Yep, young player reputation isn't much of a yardstick when we're talking about loans because it's hard to distinguish between how much of the rep is based on current ability and how much is based on potential ability.

The thing I'm most encouraged by is that Klopp keeps playing him, so he must be doing something in training – but I really have seen nothing of the guy to form any sort of opinion.

Yep, young player reputation isn't much of a yardstick when we're talking about loans because it's hard to distinguish between how much of the rep is based on current ability and how much is based on potential ability.

The thing I'm most encouraged by is that Klopp keeps playing him, so he must be doing something in training – but I really have seen nothing of the guy to form any sort of opinion.

Think the big issue with judging folk on youth team ability is the whole issue of how physicality affects that so much. The guys who just happen to grow muscle mass earlier can stand out massively in youth football but really struggle when up against men who are as strong as they are. In some ways things like that can also hamper skill development because they get used to just overpowering guys at their age and so don’t have to improve skill or learn when and how to lay off or how to deal with a proper physical challenge. I think that was a big issue with Fleck for us never matching junior reputation at senior level.

No idea how this may or may not impact Solanke. But it is very hard to say that youth team achievements will translate into senior level ability. You are right though that Klopp must be seeing something to be keeping him around on the fringes.

Nope. Just a hunch

Well I'm convinced.

Angry mob...assemble.

giphy.webp

Would suspect not if they weren’t avid watchers of Vitesse in 2015/16.

27 appearances in all comps for Liverpool last season but only 726 minutes. Difficult to make that much of an impression on an average of ~27 minutes per appearance, and from memory a lot of his appearances were as a sub at the end of games.

I still don’t see this happening just because I think Liverpool will want him as cover.

See my post on the previous page. He rag dolled a bunch of international centre halves that day

Not sure who I'd compare him to. He's a specimen but is also mobile. Danny Cousin is the first name that springs to mind from recent years

I just don't see Solanke feature at Liverpool this season. Ok he could maybe get a few games in their Mickey Mouse cups. But he won't feature in the league... yet.
He will go on Loan. To us? Who knows.

Why are people talking like this deal is a sure thing. I don't see this happening at all. I imagine they will send him to a more competitive league

Solanke has made the Liverpool 29 man squad for training camp in France

Liverpool squad: Kelleher, Grabara, Alisson, Karius, Van Dijk, Klavan, Moreno, Robertson, Phillips, Gomez, Alexander-Arnold, Clyne, Matip, Milner, Keita, Fabinho, Grujic, Lallana, Camacho, Wijnaldum, Jones, Sturridge, Ings, Origi, Shaqiri, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Solanke.

Back