Some pictures from the opening of the Academy Stand - Rangers v Chelsea

mdingwall

Administrator
RFFF Chairman Andrew McCormick cuts the blue riband with head of youth Criag Mulholland.

Craig Mulholland tells the assembled masses about the educational space and the ability to have half time tactics analysis and video analysis on site and personalised for each game and player - and a space for study.

Trying the key of the door.

Chelsea's dressing room for the evening.

Before the match up in the players area watching the U16s win the Northern Ireland Super Cup v Charlton live before the Chelsea match.

A wee detail from the dressing rooms - there's a retractable curtain wall which means the McCoist and Hately changing rooms can be expanded to form one larger room for big games or big squads. These are the metals rails the partitions slot into.

Fine body of men - most of the RFFF committee.

Before the Academy stand came into operation Rangers had four dressing rooms available to youth players in the main building - but five training pitches - now the pitches can be utilised more easily and more often.

Photo isn't great but it shows a display onto which the coaches can fire up various tactical diagrams and videos to remind players of where they should be for certain plays - like a dead ball situation in attack for instance.

Rangers dressing room tonight.

The crowd starts to come in.

Cut!

Like a bowling green.

Follow in his footsteps.

Even the traffic cones are blue!

Wonder who this belongs to?

More leg room than my seat in the club deck lol, great pics, stand looks classy with all blue seats & liking the blue & white traffic cones :))

Very promising. Ive been really impressed with the youngsters coming through the ranks at the Hummel training centre. Onwards and upwards.

Looks fantastic. Well done everyone. Extremely proud of that. Hopefully we'll see the benefits for years to come.

Something to be proud of.Wish I was 50yr younger and part of that Academy.What a feeling our youngsters must have being part of a world class system.

Although the main aim is the development of players to make our first team squad the quotes in the dressing rooms are about winning and I like to see that.Getting that winning mentality is imo vital even from an early age.

With all the tournaments our youngsters are winning I hope there will be a trophy room in the facility.

Reactions: ltb
mark was there a reason why Jim Hannah wasnt invited.. not trying to start a arguement here.. just would have been nice to see hi. Invited as he was at the forefront of rfff

Looks brilliant.
I have no doubt this will inspire the boys and help add to their development in more professional surroundings.
Thanks for posting MD.
How did the boy Gilmour look?

Great photos Mark and doesn't it look stunning. As the picture of the pitch says "Like a Bowling Green" Top class.

How were the names of the dressing rooms etc decided?

Place looks fantastic. Our youth players couldn’t ask for better facilities to apply themselves & be the best they can be.

Thanks for sharing. A real boon for the young lads starting out having this and also introducing prospective talent to a professional set up. Appears more of a facility than a stand and it looks terrific.

Naming rooms after greats is a really nice touch.
Great to see Cooper getting honoured.
Actually really impressed with what they have done.

And Gazza without a doubt was the special one x

Great photos!
These facilities are probably better than what most SPL clubs first teams have.
I'm delighted the RFFF has been used for such a positive improvement within the club!

Back