Someone please, please confirm Frank McGarvey said this tonight!

I've met Frank twice.

The first time when I worked for the railway.

He boarded the train at Newton and didn't have a ticket. I gave him a lecture that you should always buy a ticket at the booking office before getting on the train. Ugly, weirdo b'stard just looked at me. He asked for a return to Glasgow Central, so I charged him the full fare. No cheap day return for this cnut.

The second time was the pedestrian crossing at Queen Street/Argyle Street. I noticed him and he tried to cross the the road before the "green Man" :)) . He very, very nearly got obliterated by a bus!

reminds me of a tim from Londondery ,live on the radio Ulster phone in discussing the usual goings on in our wee country .He said the prods need to get the obsession of washing and hygene out of their heads or words to that effect :)) couldn't make it up .bit like the hygene leaflet distributed at the shark pit .

TBH he wasn't wrong as the Pill wasn't available in the UK till 1961.
Too true. Speaking as a former milk boy I can remember the crates I needed for certain parts of my run. Sundays were esp bad on the hands 6 pints each and empties to take away. Lots of these families were friends and wouldn't insult them - none were Gers fans! Off topic but funnily enough we also delivered milk to the local chapel house and they were worst late payers but were let off a lot more than their congregation.

Last edited:
I've met Frank twice.

He boarded the train at Newton and didn't have a ticket. I gave him a lecture that you should always buy a ticket at the booking office before getting on the train. Ugly, weirdo b'stard just looked at me. He asked for a return to Glasgow Central, so I charged him the full fare. No cheap day return for this cnut.

The second time was the pedestrian crossing at Queen Street/Argyle Street. I noticed him and he tried to cross the the road before the "green Man" :)) . He very, very nearly got obliterated by a bus!
I've met Frank twice.

I've met Frank twice.

Frank McGarvey and Danny McGrain gate crashed one of my mates birthday party out in a rural pub. McGrain was obviously the sober driver and was polite with everyone and McGarvey was blootered and obnoxious. McGarvey got into an argument with the wrong guy and one head butt later he was knocked out on the floor. Poor McGrain had to virtually carry McGarvey back to his car. Nobody offered to help!!

My mate was having some work done in his house courtesy of his chum Mick and while this was being carried out Frankie Bhoy turned up to fit a wardrobe my mate had bought (McGarvey was working as a joiner at the time)

Mick goes into the bedroom to inspect his work and thinking McGarvey had gone he said "was that that 19th Century Terrorist bastard Frank McGarvey there?" my mate just stared at him and Mick goes "he's standing behind me int he?" my mate nods and Mick turns round, apologises and McGarvey says "don't worry mate, I get it all the time :))

Cool story n'at bro...

What was the actual story about his wife? Why did we sing that song?

Incidentally I used to play 5’s against him at Goals in Shawlands. Auld codger then but had a team of runners. Difficult to beat.

St Mirren shouldn’t be giving him a gig when he admitted in his book that he never tried when playing against the filth.

Last time I saw him was outside a takeaway in Elmbank St, Charing Cross. It was noon and he was drunk. And he had pished himself.

I've met Frank twice.

That's what happens when you live your life like Noddy

St Mirren shouldn’t be giving him a gig when he admitted in his book that he never tried when playing against the filth.

Last time I saw him was outside a takeaway in Elmbank St, Charing Cross. It was noon and he was drunk. And he had pished himself.
I laughed at that more than a 50 year old man should.

I actually find him hilarious, he is your stereotypical, jakey, degenerate Celtic supporting prick.

He gets the pish ripped out of him everywhere he goes, he was working on a job a while back doing the flooring, he was on his break and came back and one of the boys had laid a big turd on the floor, he just scooped it up and carried on working.

Used to work wae his nephew a couple years ago . Even he said he can't stand the fuckin idiot.

Back