Son dive against West Ham

There should be an automatic one match ban when it's ridiculous as this.
I hate changing the rules but I’m starting to think it’s necessary. Certainly when it’s as clear as that. Also, at a game last week two or three times a player went down holding their head to get the game stopped when it clearly wasn’t a serious head knock, or even a head knock in the first place. Concussion is a serious thing and players are already finding ways to use the concern to their advantage.

Son is, by all accounts, one of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet off the pitch. But on it he's a complete twat.

he did the Gomes "tackle"
and since has had about 2/3 kicks outs at opponents + dives & bad fouls

yet every time he is involved in an incident, the commentators always say "not that type of player" or "not usually involved in things like that"

its verging on the ridiculous now

I hate changing the rules but I’m starting to think it’s necessary. Certainly when it’s as clear as that. Also, at a game last week two or three times a player went down holding their head to get the game stopped when it clearly wasn’t a serious head knock, or even a head knock in the first place. Concussion is a serious thing and players are already finding ways to use the concern to their advantage.

A Porteous special

A Porteous special
It was so obvious too but refs are on a tough position. I was surprised seeing it from a Gerrard side because there were times I thought we weren’t street wise enough. Happened from about three corners they were defending, ball was cleared someone then went down before West Ham had the chance to recycle the ball and get it back in the box. Game then restarts with them all back in position.

Bans won't have the desired effect.
Fine them instead and then watch how quickly this disappears from the game.

That should be a retrospective 3 match ban. Spurs should also be releasing a statement apologising on his behalf

Any apparent head knock should result in an off-field assessment, like in rugby.

Latest posts

Back