Souter again

RfcIbrox

Outstanding today. I’d take him. His positioning, blocking and use of his body was excellent. Intelligent out and out defender. He should certainly get a game for Scotland and I’d take him at Rangers.

Didn’t think he was anything special today but he’s clearly a very decent defender when he stays injury free.

On a free I think we should be showing interest, the slot Simpson has should be taken by a Scottish defender

Hearts fans weren't too impressed with him today so not sure what the OP seen.

He's a decent player but on another day he is part of the defence that ships 5 or 6. He has Morelos and his goalkeeper to thank.

Didn’t think he was anything special today but he’s clearly a very decent defender when he stays injury free.

On a free I think we should be showing interest, the slot Simpson has should be taken by a Scottish defender
The slot Simpson has was not even in the squad today , perhaps Gerrard has conceded his latest project has failed.

He shirt pulled constantly, isnt fast enough and was dragged out of position continually.

For a match with 8 bookings and him having committed the most fouls and some how managed to escape one. His attempt at ripping the shirt off of Wright in the first half should have been a booking, irrespective of the supposed advantage played.

If that’s the level of player we are looking at we might as well partner him up with Porteous :oops::oops:

Outstanding today. I’d take him. His positioning, blocking and use of his body was excellent. Intelligent out and out defender. He should certainly get a game for Scotland and I’d take him at Rangers.
He wasn’t outstanding at all, I rate him but today wasn’t the best I’ve seen him

Halkett was the better of the two today. I thought souttar in the second half he played out from the back really well. Could be a good 4th choice if he can play out from the back like that.

Some folks seem to have a right problem with us signing players in our league. I would quite happily take Souttar and put Simpson on the first train back down the road. And f##k it I may even of went down the Dykes road he seems to be doing well for QPR in a league a lot harder than the SPL.

Have to say I’m not a fan of Souttar I was in the past when he broke through at tannadice but as seasons have come and gone and I watch him again today it reinforced to me that he really is an average defender , decent with the ball even though today that barely showed and I feel he is way too slow and too immobile too . I’m not sure he is fully aware of behind spaces neither plus he isn’t that good in air too small .

Definite no for me mate .

I thought he and Halkett were both decent today(though the officials let them away with murder). Given he’s out of contract in the summer, I’d be looking to secure a deal in January for Souttar if he is still fit and in form. He’s a massive upgrade on Simpson and our CB options come the summer are right up in the air. A relatively low cost option.

Take Souttar on a free? Of course, he would be a decent squad option, but if we take our chances the day this thread doesn't make an appearance.

Tbh it’s really not about Jack S as he clearly isn’t ready , if he ever will be who knows , and he isn’t an option behind January imo . This was a very poor error by our staff escalating him to 4th choice at this point .

Where do we go in Januray window is the Q and I don’t see Souttar as even meriting a shortlist space

Some folks seem to have a right problem with us signing players in our league. I would quite happily take Souttar and put Simpson on the first train back down the road. And f##k it I may even of went down the Dykes road he seems to be doing well for QPR in a league a lot harder than the SPL.

He's scored 5 goals this season for QPR

Same as Morelos, Less than Roofe.

I thought he and Halkett were both decent today(though the officials let them away with murder). Given he’s out of contract in the summer, I’d be looking to secure a deal in January for Souttar if he is still fit and in form. He’s a massive upgrade on Simpson and our CB options come the summer are right up in the air. A relatively low cost option.
Whoever thought Simpson is a player needs to be held accountable.

I think if there is anything that we should have learned from the recruitment under Gerrard, is that we can't be signing players that are in and out the team due to game management the difference between Helander and anyone to replace him is night and day, and we are suffering defensively for it. That doesn't excuse the chances missed today, but at the end of the day we took the lead in both the Motherwell and Hearts games, and the defence failed to defend those leads.

Amazing how folk view games differently. Thought he was absolutely terrible. I wonder if youd have said the same if we had taken a couple more chances

He's been tremendous this season. Ironically I think today was one of his worst performances.

Injuries is the main worry for me. If he can prove he's over them he'd be a great signing.

Halkett looked better as he's more of a backs to the wall defender that excels in games like today. Wouldn't be good enough for us.

Didn't see anything that would make me say we need to sign him but if he was a visual and it helped with the home grown player rule then why not.

He's been tremendous this season. Ironically I think today was one of his worst performances.

Injuries is the main worry for me. If he can prove he's over them he'd be a great signing.

Halkett looked better as he's more of a backs to the wall defender that excels in games like today. Wouldn't be good enough for us.
Did we not let him go to Livi??

So we are not paying him a decent wage , a player who can’t even make the squad when we are down to the bare bones in terms of CB cover.

Bare bones? You do love being dramatic, we have one centre half injured. I agree he's not good enough but like I've already said - it happens, and he won't be on a massive wage. You still haven't answered how you'd like whoever sanctioned his transfer to be "held accountable" btw

Back