South Americans in Scotland

sonofbunk

Inspired by the bit on hearts &hand about South Americans struggling here. Who are the hot and misses....

Morelos - hit
Caniggia - hit
Amato - probably a miss
Juninho - miss
Rafael Shiedt - miss (yet hilarious)
Juan Sara - hit
Fabian Canalerro - hit
Ulysees de la Cruz - mixed. I thought he was gash - but he had a decent career in England
Emerson - miss
Eduardo hutado - miss
Victor Ferrara (so) - miss (with a spit)
Emerson cribari - f*** sake

Over to you...

The Chilean that hearts signed, played at the world cup either 2010 or 2014 for chile after flopping at hearts.
Pinnilla maybe his name was?

Never understood this thought - from what I can remember, he only played once when he came on as a sub and scored twice!

But the context of the thread is success or failures...and one game across his time here doesn’t make him a success. Probably a bad choice of words.

I used to really enjoy watching Amato.
Amato was a joy to watch.

Having watched him a lot in Spain the season before for Mallorca i thought he would have been a sensation.. He was not, but he was still very good. For anyone to call him a flop, either did not watch him or were blind.

The Chilean that hearts signed, played at the world cup either 2010 or 2014 for chile after flopping at hearts.
Pinnilla maybe his name was?
He went on to have a very good career in Italy for a guy who failed in Scotland for Hearts. Hit the bar with Last kick off the ball v Brazil which would’ve knocked them out and then missed his penalty in the Shoot out of the same game at the 2014 World Cup.

Amato was never a “miss” that day up at Pittodrie he tore the sheep apart, what an awayday that was

Inspired by the bit on hearts &hand about South Americans struggling here. Who are the hot and misses....

Morelos - hit
Caniggia - hit
Amato - probably a miss
Juninho - miss
Rafael Shiedt - miss (yet hilarious)
Juan Sara - hit
Fabian Canalerro - hit
Ulysees de la Cruz - mixed. I thought he was gash - but he had a decent career in England
Emerson - miss
Eduardo hutado - miss
Victor Ferrara (so) - miss (with a spit)
Emerson cribari - f*** sake

Over to you...

Amato - Hit

Ahhhh Gabby Amato.

Signed to play in a 4-4-2. Not enough pace and dropped for Wallace and Johansson, later behind Mols too.

Then sold literally the week before we moved to a 4-3-3 and needed a solid central striker who could play alone up front back to goal and bring others (with pace out wide) into the game. Obviously we had no one as good as Amato left to play that position. A victim of shocking timing/circumstances.

Back