Southend sack Chris Powell

You know I did wonder why this was deserving of a notification on my phone from the sky sports app. A league 1 team sacking their manager doesn't usually get that sort of attention. Didn't click that it's because the race debate was about to start again re managers. Makes sense now I think about it.

What’s even weirder than people that will blame this on racism is people getting offended and angry about people blaming this on racism before anyone’s even done it.

What's even even weirder is you getting angry and offended at people who will blame this on racism before anyone’s even done it.

The media will be straight onto Paul Ince for his input where he will inevitably say it's racist and we don't have enough black managers.

You know I did wonder why this was deserving of a notification on my phone from the sky sports app. A league 1 team sacking their manager doesn't usually get that sort of attention. Didn't click that it's because the race debate was about to start again re managers. Makes sense now I think about it.

Powell is a legend at Southend. Voted the club's all time cult hero by the support. I'd imagine it's a big story because he's quite high profile.

Currently sitting 20th in the league. No surprise he’s out the door.

Powell is a legend at Southend. Voted the club's all time cult hero by the support. I'd imagine it's a big story because he's quite high profile.
Ah that makes sense then. Wasn't aware he played for them as well. Derby was the first club I remember him playing for.

What's even even weirder is you getting angry and offended at people who will blame this on racism before anyone’s even done it.
Guess again. The Daily Mail has already got it up and how there are so few BAME managers in England.

Powell is a decent chap. Was a legend at Charlton and stuck with them when they were in dire straits. Doesn't strike me as the sort who would play the race card and will probably get another job in management.

Back