Souttar next season

• Keep - Starter

Votes: 88 15.1%
  • Keep - Bench / Squad player

Votes: 404 69.3%
  • Sell

Votes: 91 15.6%

• Total voters
I think we’ll sell Davies in the summer, loan out King and Balogun will move on leaving us with Souttar and Goldson meaning we need another two centre backs, at least one of which should be better than anything we currently have, someone who will martial the entire defence and, quite possibly, captain the team.

That player should be the summer priority, IMO.

Being Scottish he is an easy target, confirmation bias, truth is he has had a very good season and is right good player. The whole he made an error argument is just insane all the players and the manager do at times the idea we get perfection is nuts.

Reactions: wpj
Clearly will be kept being a first team player this season and Scottish. There'll be a ridiculous amount of players going so we need to have some degree of continuity.

Should be kept as one of 3 first pick centre halfs.

Back up right hand side of defence. No more playing on the left. We need two left footed CB’s and a starter on the right.

Clearly will be kept being a first team player this season and Scottish. There'll be a ridiculous amount of players going so we need to have some degree of continuity.

Should be kept as one of 3 first pick centre halfs.

This.

The squad needs gutted but, we can't replace all of them. We need to sign two starting centre backs as it is.

Sell. He's not good enough and therefore not good enough to be kept as backup to be brought into the team when we need a CH.

I think we’ll sell Davies in the summer, loan out King and Balogun will move on leaving us with Souttar and Goldson meaning we need another two centre backs, at least one of which should be better than anything we currently have, someone who will martial the entire defence and, quite possibly, captain the team.

That player should be the summer priority, IMO.
We need two centre backs that are head and shoulders above what we have now! If that takes all our transfer budget then I'd sacrifice all the other positions to get a solid pairing in defence.

Souttar is an ideal squad member.

A decent player on his day, Scottish and presumably on a reasonable wage. We need the likes of him, McCausland, Lowry and others coming through to provide viable options.

Voted sell on the grounds that I still have concerns about his ability to play a full season given his injury record.
Don’t believe you can build a team around someone with such doubts.
He is prone to a gaffe especially with a firm driven ball across the defensive line.
Is he better than Goldson for example not for me.

Get good. Seriously injury prone and he has avoided injury this season. That suggests an injury is coming, get rid now whilst we can

Back