Spain sack women’s team coach

Was he the guy who clapped Rubiales when he made that ridiculous defence speech? If so this was inevitable.

Was he the guy who clapped Rubiales when he made that ridiculous defence speech? If so this was inevitable.
To be fair he probably had to defend him after Rubiales backed him over the striking players.

Something wrong at all levels behind the scenes

I don’t understand how you can win the World Cup then get sacked? I don’t think a reason has been given, is he supposedly another sex pest?
Did some of the Spanish womens tam not previously have an issue with him and demand he was sacked and the Spanish refused to sack him and those that wanted him sacked came back probably because they wanted to play in the womens world cup.

I have no idea why they at this time wanted him sacked but maybe they used this latest scandal with their team to bargain with and get him sacked now

Pretty sure around 15 Spanish players refused to go to the World Cup. Cause of this guy.

Something rotten in the federation it seems.

Yes. Talk about not backing your player. Inevitable and probably the tip of the iceberg behind the scenes with all the misogyny at play.

Last edited:
This must go further that the ‘kiss’ nonsense. Is there stuff behind the scenes?

Seems to have been a lot of orchestrated outrage.

It’s incredible how their big achievement of actually winning the world cup has become a complete after thought because a few guys point blank refuse to accept that they’re in the wrong.

Jorge Vilda and Luis Rubiales are taking up new roles as the La Liga correspondents for GB News

pete-davidson-haha.gif

Pretty sure around 15 Spanish players refused to go to the World Cup. Cause of this guy.

Something rotten in the federation it seems.

Either they have some squad to choose from or he's some manager if he still managed to win the World Cup without 15 usual players.

Surprised there's not been a thread about him replacing Beale.

I don’t understand how you can win the World Cup then get sacked? I don’t think a reason has been given, is he supposedly another sex pest?
I think I read the players were complaining about his ways, reading between the lines he seemed to be shouty and aggressive (their words) and they didn’t like that, even though his methods helped them to the pinnacle of most of their careers.

Bring think there was any suggestion of the sex pest stuff.

Edit: didn’t read about the whole door lock thing, seems a weirdo. Better off without.

Apparently the president fella handing out the kisses could get 4 years rammed up his farter.

Bet he wishes he had just shook her hand now like a normal person.

I think I read the players were complaining about his ways, reading between the lines he seemed to be shouty and aggressive (their words) and they didn’t like that, even though his methods helped them to the pinnacle of most of their careers.

Bring think there was any suggestion of the sex pest stuff.

Edit: didn’t read about the whole door lock thing, seems a weirdo. Better off without.
Would be a tough job to understand boundaries etc. like in the dressing room post match, then jumping in and out the shower etc

Yeah, this had been going on well before the World Cup. Of course people that didn't know this were shouting about how ridiculous it was to be hounded for a kiss, despite it not being the full story.

Vilda wasn’t the one that kissed her it was the president Luis Rubiates but there was loads of issues with Vilda previously before the WC

Vilda wasn’t the one that kissed her it was the president Luis Rubiates but there was loads of issues with Vilda previously before the WC
Yeah that's what I'm saying mate. People were diving in saying it was for the kiss not knowing it was a different guy with previous issues,

Yes. Talk about not backing your player. Inevitable and probably the tip of the iceberg behind the scenes with all the misogyny at play.

Reports that he made it rule all hotel rooms stayed unlocked so he could go in at night to check on them. Stories also that used to insist on being present while players showered and changed. No doubt more stories will emerge

Back