Spfl announce record prize of £2.1 million pot for the premier sports cup

And people wonder why transfer offers to SPFL clubs are so low?! Outsiders must think the offers they make are huge compared to the money available in this backwater.

We’ll give you 3.5M for Bassey, that’s 10 league cups!!! :D

£2.1 million in total, what an embarrassment

Doncaster's annual Salary - £388,000 (+ as we only have numbers up to 2020)
Cup Winners Prize Money - £350,000

Whooooooooo. In typical game show fashion, going to spend it on a nice holiday for the family in Rhyll.

Another awful deal. No surprise mind you, it’s Scottish football and expected.

We’re so criminally undervalued , those people in charge only have 1 job requirement. Protect the beasts. Everything else is optional.

Then you’ve got fans out there that seem to be proud of the low amount of money we get for sponsorships. As seen by the whole Cinch thing, we’re getting something like 25k a game for massive prominent branding and we’re supposed to be happy with that?

"Record" prize money. How laughable is that. When inflation is running at 9% it only needs to be 5 quid more than last year to be record prize money. We could probably make as much playing our reserves in a friendly.

Hope we win it as I heard the academy ball pumps need to be upgraded. The prize money should just about cover that.

Whopping!! If Doncaster was head of any other organisation he would of been bulleted years ago. But it seems the whole of Scottish football except Rangers are happy to let this clown steal a huge wage whilst underselling our game. Tinpot.

'record prize money'
'guaranteed to receive at least £22,000'
'a rise of nearly £150,000 from last season’s figure'
'We are delighted'
'Premier Sports have been fantastic supporters'
'allowed us to announce record prize money'
'and these funds will continue to support our clubs'
'very much looking forward'

It honestly reads like a fucking small time charity. Pathetic isn't even the word... :))

I read that as 21million and thought that's pretty good but on second reading 2.1 million total pot shared between the clubs its pathetic.

About the same as one draw is worth in the Europa league.

Exactly and to think I have sat blue in the face arguing with mates that on one hand say ‘rangers managers need to win trophies’ but also completely ignore the European runs since SG came in and how much money the have made for the club.

To be fair though, I just had a look at the Carabao Cup (which I believe is the English equivalent of this) and their total prize money pot is £1million, and I assume there's twice as much teams in there competing for it.

City won £150,000 for winning it a few seasons ago, apparently. :))

Aside from the utter tied polishing going on here… the Scottish League cup is the longest running League Cup tournament in existence, and is an absolute fixture in the Scottish football calendar.

For the Chief Exec of the SPFL not to even mention that the League Cup is the competition being sponsored by Premier Sports in that press release is ridiculous.
The SPFL employs him, not the sponsor and his first duty should be to the League Cup competition.

I read somewhere that English woman's football have secured a bigger TV deal than the SPL.

£17k if you get a live game. Whoofuckinn hoo.

i suppose that will help the very wee teams like Aberdeen but Jesus! That's pathetic.

I don’t even think you could sponsor bout shorts for 350k never mind the top. Absolutely pathetic by the SPFL once again.

Doncaster returns after doing the deal of the century

bike-dumb-and-dumber.gif

£350k for winning the entire competition.

The same amount as getting 1 point in a Europa league group game.

Levels.

If it's Rangers v Sellik in the final then just imaging how much money will be generated for that one game alone and yet the winner on the day only gets £350k...

The title swayed me to think thus is great for Scottish football and us.

Then realised its about eighth of the pot to win it.

Wow.

Exactly and to think I have sat blue in the face arguing with mates that on one hand say ‘rangers managers need to win trophies’ but also completely ignore the European runs since SG came in and how much money the have made for the club.

Given how skint we appear, even post the euro runs, it’s scary to think where we’d be if it hadn’t been for those results.

It effectively allowed us to mortgage the current team on the park.

Surely to god there are people that could actually market and Scottish football correctly. A £150k increase on the total prize pot compared to last season. I’d be keeping fucking quiet if I was Doncaster instead of broadcasting it. Embarrassing.

Last seasons FA Cup winners got over £2m for winning the final alone.
The headline sounds better and that’s what he wants.

Given how skint we appear, even post the euro runs, it’s scary to think where we’d be if it hadn’t been for those results.

It effectively allowed us to mortgage the current team on the park.
Given how regularly the bheasts can turn a profit and sell players for big fees, while not making much of a dent in Europe, serious questions need to be asked of those running the show at Ibrox.

The SPFL has today announced record prize money of over £2.1 million for the 2022/23 Premier Sports Cup.

Each club participating in this season’s competition is guaranteed to receive at least £22,000 – whilst the winner will earn £350,000 in prize money, with further sums available as facility fee payments for all live televised matches.

The total prize money that will be shared with clubs for the upcoming Premier Sports Cup competition will amount to £2,157,000 – a rise of nearly £150,000 from last season’s figure of £2,015,000.

The full schedule of prize monies is set out below:

1st round group stage - 5th position: £22,000
1st round group stage - 4th position: £23,250
1st round group stage - 3rd position: £25,000
1st round group stage - 5 worst runners up: £29,000
2nd round losers - £50,000
Quarter-final losers - £80,000
Semi-final losers - £110,000
Runners-up - £160,000
Winners - £350,000
Total - £2,157,000
In addition, each club playing in a live televised Premier Sports Cup tie (whether home or away) will receive a facility fee payment of:

£17,000 (first round group stage); and

£27,000 (second round, quarter-finals, semi-finals and final).

Neil Doncaster, chief executive of the SPFL, said: “We are delighted to announce record prize money in this season’s Premier Sports Cup. Premier Sports have been fantastic supporters of our premier cup competition. Their investment into the Cup has allowed us to announce record prize money this season and these funds will continue to support our clubs as they recover from the pandemic.

“With the first-round group stage kicking off on 9 July, we are very much looking forward to another year of passion, drama and excitement in this season’s Premier Sports Cup, live on Premier Sports.”
350 grand for winning the cup lol. Absolute shambles

Back