SPFL U-turn

Personally I think Liewell has sat down and realised what the long game for survival is now we are showing a threat to their plans.
Should they not win the league they also wouldn't get champion league entry/money and that is their nemesis, he can't allow this to happen or they could not continue to finance everything required to run the piggery and pay players. They also have next years court cases to think about which could bring claims for millions collectively and to finish I think they are still only paying the interest on the 30 odd million they owe the cooperative bank.

Scotland will have 2 entries into Champions League qualifiers next season.

There is absolutely no need to give the SPFL powers to make arbitrary decisions on final positions.
All they need to do is make a set of rules which will apply if football is closed down again.
They should certainly not have the power to call the league, until it is absolutely certain that it has become impossible to complete the season within a fixed deadline.
It would be a simple exercise to make up an equitable set of rules (in a matter of days, if not hours) that would apply if the season could not be completed.

Surely a precedent was set when the scum were handed the tainted title last season?
I wouldn't bet on it. Allegedly they got the title as a result of a vote, remember we didn't object.
If it goes to a vote this season how confident are we that it'll go our way if we're top.
I really doubt this season will finish and null and void will suddenly become the " fairest" solution promoted by the Spfl board.

This is ridiculous, again. Even now any view a club take is going to be based on advantage they could get.
Before this season started their needed to be an agreement on percentage of the season completed to allow it to be called (and what that means if some clubs are past that percentage and some behind) whether that is 100%, 75%, 50% or any percent. They needed to propose what to do with postponements, points forfeited or not. If they bring a rule in now and St Mirren go to play a rearranged game against Motherwell that Motherwell can’t fulfil because of Covid, would they award St Mirren the points even though they were the reason for the postponement in the first place? Or does it get backdated? Is Celtic v Aberdeen a double forfeit or a draw?
And any ‘board discretion’ will simply be exploited to suit the board members’ clubs. Brechin managed to not get relegated last year, curiously enough.

it is amateurish beyond belief and any rule change once the season has already started is clearly tainted by self interest.

Personally I think Liewell has sat down and realised what the long game for survival is now we are showing a threat to their plans.
Should they not win the league they also wouldn't get champion league entry/money and that is their nemesis, he can't allow this to happen or they could not continue to finance everything required to run the piggery and pay players. They also have next years court cases to think about which could bring claims for millions collectively and to finish I think they are still only paying the interest on the 30 odd million they owe the cooperative bank.
Is there not two teams in the champions league next year ?

They won't set the rules though. They just want the power to call it the way they want, when they want.
In that case I can’t see many clubs essentially handing over total control without protocols in place, not after last year. There is no trust in Doncaster and the board from several teams, and the members of the board are just gonna vote for whatever suits their respective clubs, as we seen last season. I think a few clubs regretted putting their trust in Doncaster and the board last year.

You could have a handful of chairmen, who are going to be biased in their own favour, effectively deciding on behalf of the whole of Scottish game. Why, apart from the usual suspects, would any club wish this to happen without rules put in place? Either way, unless the Scottish government shut it down, which is unlikely, then there is no reason why the season should not be played to completion.

They just got away with their dodgy dealings last year. It ain’t happening again.

If there are still folk who haven't worked out that the SPFL can't be trusted to wash their own dicks then we need to round them up before they harm themselves.

SPFL statement 24th July 2020:

"SPFL clubs voted to curtail season 2019/20 for the Championship, League 1 and League 2, with the SPFL board being given the express power to curtail the Premiership.

"This express power was exercised on 18 May, following agreement by all Premiership clubs that Season 2019/20 needed to be brought to an end.

"Several SPFL clubs requested that the SPFL board bring forward a resolution, which would give the board the express power to manage Covid-19 related disruption during season 2020/21, without the need to seek rule amendments approved by clubs.

"Accordingly, a written resolution was circulated to all clubs, but this did not attract sufficient support to pass. *

"Following a discussion at this morning’s SPFL board meeting, the board have agreed to move forward in line with the clear will of the clubs.

"As a result, the existing rules will remain in place for season 2020/21, unless any member decides that it wishes to bring forward their own resolution in this area.
"

SPFL chief Doncaster added: "As a members’ organisation, it is vital that the board listen to the voice of our member clubs.”

Doncaster lying again.

* No vote was taken?
Correct, I've a friend who is a mate of the Stranraer chairman & he told my friend it never even got near a vote.
Doncaster is a dirty lying Bassa

The only scenario that wouldn’t leave room for corruption would be one where Rangers were ahead on points and all fixtures had been fulfilled.

Given the impact of Covid-19 on clubs already, the second factor is open to doubt.

I don’t get this argument that null-and-void would scupper their claim to win 10IAR if they won next season.

It clearly wouldn’t. They would have won 10 consecutive titles of those awarded.

Another issue to beware is that if there were a null-and-void with Rangers ahead on points-per-game they’d still be demanding Champions League qualification based on their title ‘win’ last season.
They have won 8 and been awarded a 9th

they haven’t won or can win 10

Why would we null and void this year but not last year?

I do agree though that if they can’t win it this is probably about making sure we can’t either.

Jason Leitch in the news today saying season will likely be played to a finish.

Hopefully that means Doncaster and Lawwell won’t even get the opportunity to fix an early finish to the league if they are top.

Back