Spiers, English etc.

TPB90

I noticed they have been straight on to Twitter to condemn our support for the alleged abuse Steve Clarke took last night. They must have lost their login details on Sunday as neither have mentioned the sectarian abuse Boyd took or the coin he was hit with from TGFITW.

What a shambles the mhedia in this country is.

It’s the usual suspects , so boring and blatant now . Haggerty, Spence, McLaughlin, Spiers, English , you can set your watch by it .

They are also “ armed “ :rolleyes:with the response of “ that’s just whataboutery” if challenged in any way shape or form .

All I’ll be saying to any Yahoos today is “ anyone going to football and calling people 19th Century Terrorist, orange or Hun bastard is clearly needing to take a look at themselves “ . Which is what I believe . There’s no more needs to be said IMO.

Tbh everybody is going to agree with Clarke and it's not going to be ignored today because he made such a big deal of it

Boyd didnt

This dated tiresome bullshit will only get more intense and frequent if they drop points ahead of us visiting their midden.

They'll be wanting strict liability and a licence to decide what gets punished.

The new poet manager going on a rant after losing 5-0, about a issue that 'didn't concern him' less than a week ago.

All he had to do was mention biased refereeing and he would have the classic 'woe betide me!' poet trio:

'Sectarianism', Referee's and being humiliated by the famous.

Stevie Clarke’s team got thumped 5-0 going on 7 or 8, he needed an out at the presser and our fans gave him it.

Yes the same SC who only wanted to talk about football and ignored the same abuse given to Kris Boyd. However, we should not be giving them the opportunity to have a cheap shot at us.

We should know by now how this game works as does SC and we should not be playing into their hands. The original abuse was banter and should have been kept that way.

It's not up to Boyd to do anything.

It's up to these anti sectarian crusaders to report on it objectively. ;)

This is an open goal to the club and to anyone really at how twisted, biased, biinkered, double standardised, hateful against one side and pro the other this country and media has become.

You couldn't mark their scabby necks with a blow torch!

Stevie Clarke’s team got thumped 5-0 going on 7 or 8, he needed an out at the presser and our fans gave him it.

Yes the same SC who only wanted to talk about football and ignored the same abuse given to Kris Boyd. However, we should not be giving them the opportunity to have a cheap shot at us.

We should know by now how this game works as does SC and we should not be playing into their hands. The original abuse was banter and should have been kept that way.

This, if the idiots had stuck to "Steve Clark you're a wanker", they would have had nothing to go on but we shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again. Regardless of their blatant hypocrisy.

I totally condemn the abuse dished out to Clarke. It really annoys me that our fans, and particular, the UBs sing about opponents players or manager. Many, such as Lennon, thrive on it and it invigorates him so it's complete folly on their parts.

BUT.... If Scottish society is serious on dealing with supposed 'sectarianism' then it has to be a two way street! You can't have Boyd getting called a 'DOB' and for lip service to be applied, only for the opposite side of the same cheek to be aired a few days later then all hell breaks loose and we are in the "dark ages".

Finally, a plea to the UBs - Thanks you for your displays, your songs and the vibrancy you bring to Ibrox but PLEASE stop singing about 19th Century Terrorists, Bobby Sands and any other stuff about them. Your songs about Rangers, Ibrox etc are brilliant and are commended by 99.9% of fans so no need to divert attention away from the positivity by besmirching Ibrox by singing about stuff that most fans don't give a shit about.

I noticed they have been straight on to Twitter to condemn our support for the alleged abuse Steve Clarke took last night. They must have lost their login details on Sunday as neither have mentioned the sectarian abuse Boyd took or the coin he was hit with from TGFITW.

What a shambles the mhedia in this country is.
No alleged about it - The wee jakey rat was abused at full volume. Quite deserved of an odious wee man who has gone out his way the spew his bitterness towards Rangers ever since the media have been hyping him up.

He deserved his humiliation and he just couldn't handle it.

The only point of contention was the content of the abuse.
The media are (and always have been) only interested in what we sing.
Their lack of balance is what makes them part of the problem.

Whataboutery is that fool Spiers mantra get back under your rocks, if you were serious about it you would have already took to twitter etc about Boyd, I think we are all by caring about your opinions as unbalanced as they are.

We’d get it right up them with a lot more effectiveness if we’d stop all this 19th Century Terrorist pish. It’d put spiers and English out of a job. We need to try and stop this nonsense. It also makes zero sense when probably more than half our team are of that faith.

Anti-Catholic abuse, that is what you and I are accused off this morning.

Does this not embarrass you? We are always up in arms when they chant orange b's and what do we do we repeat our own version of this stupid chant.

We now have a team where we do not really know how many RC's we have in our team, but we know we have some and probably some on our coaching staff.

I am not a bigot, the Catholic church or christianity does not consume my every day thoughts , not even when I support Rnagers? Do you like waking up to headlines being branded a bigot just because you support Rangers?

We should be talking about Morelos and the headlines this morning we should be concentrating on are Celtic fans behaviour in Valencia. But no, we have gave their get out clause.

Will we ever learn?

We’d get it right up them with a lot more effectiveness if we’d stop all this 19th Century Terrorist pish. It’d put spiers and English out of a job. We need to try and stop this nonsense. It also makes zero sense when probably more than half our team are of that faith.

I agree. We should rise above them. The fact that it comes from UB direction means they have the ability to directly influence this.

Anti-Catholic abuse, that is what you and I are accused off this morning.

Does this not embarrass you? We are always up in arms when they chant orange b's and what do we do we repeat our own version of this stupid chant.

We now have a team where we do not really know how many RC's we have in our team, but we know we have some and probably some on our coaching staff.

I am not a bigot, the Catholic church or christianity does not consume my every day thoughts , not even when I support Rnagers? Do you like waking up to headlines being branded a bigot just because you support Rangers?

We should be talking about Morelos and the headlines this morning we should be concentrating on are Celtic fans behaviour in Valencia. But no, we have gave their get out clause.

Will we ever learn?

Dry yer eyes and highlight the hypocrisy at play here.
Yes the chant was wrong, but there's a bigger and more sinister narrative at play here.

To the majority of our support FB has no meaning towards a catholic. To most it just means a Celtic fan. They have turned it into anti catholic bigority. Even then look it it up in the dictionary. A f****** is a Irish republican member of the f****** brotherhood it doesn’t even mean catholic yet we let them peddle that line

Will you ever learn?

If the headlines aren’t about sectarian signing they’d be about the red card.
If they weren’t about the red card they’d be about the non-penalty.
If they weren’t about the non-penalty they’d be about Candeias’ challenge.

Im against sectarian singing, but not because of what these cünts think or write, because they’ll think and write it anyway.

The hypocrisy is unbelievable, especially from Clarke.

Not a peep about the abuse his captain took last weekend from the Beasts, but up in arms now that the shoe is on the other foot.

And I don’t remember the BBC having a separate story on their website about the sectarian chants towards Kris Boyd after Sunday’s match at Rugby Park.

Editorialy fair?

Right you are.

The term 19th Century Terrorist for myself is used in relation to that mob and what they believe in which is hard to argue against as they call themselves 19th Century Terrorists , I don't see Catholics as 19th Century Terrorists I have lovely old Auntie who is a devout Catholic and I have never thought of her as a 19th Century Terrorist. Our Catholic players are Catholics pure and simple why do you think the likes of Novo, Albert , Big Amo, DA still have such affection for us because, we don't refer to them as 19th Century Terrorists in fact we didn't refer to them as anything other than great Rangers players, 19th Century Terrorists are that mob that play at Celtic Park and the majority who follow them.

Last edited:
The hypocrisy is unbelievable, especially from Clarke.

Not a peep about the abuse his captain took last weekend from the Beasts, but up in arms now that the shoe is on the other foot.

And I don’t remember the BBC having a separate story on their website about the sectarian chants towards Kris Boyd after Sunday’s match at Rugby Park.

Editorialy fair?

Right you are.

Your point is? Why do you use the muppets at Rugby park to somehow justify the comments we all know some of our fans are always ready to spout?

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Cracking headlines across the media. Really good for the image of the club and us as fans.

For Lawell the fools chanting this crap are the gift that keeps giving. They are willingly keeping the spotlight of their fans.

We never learn but some simply don’t want to learn.

Nil by mouth on BBC radio did reference the abuse that Kris Boyd took sectarian abuse, for once it was fair non-sided interview, which it normally isn't. The media response was inevitable, don't know why it was sung at the death , it wasn't needed and yet again allows the propaganda machine to get to work against the club.

Strict Liability will happen, its only a matter of time.

Was in the Sandy Jardine stand never heard the chant against him heard plenty against us does that get a mention or is it just banter and move on.

I'd never encourage the Sectarian singing or abuse that goes on at these matches, everyone has a camera on them now and theres no excuse ehen the evidence is so prominent. However, even if overnight all that stuff stopped, they'll still say it happened and it'll still be used by their like to push their agenda.

To the majority of our support FB has no meaning towards a catholic. To most it just means a Celtic fan. They have turned it into anti catholic bigority. Even then look it it up in the dictionary. A f****** is a Irish republican member of the f****** brotherhood it doesn’t even mean catholic yet we let them peddle that line
Its the thought police at play though.....as in, "yea but, we know what you really mean".
Thats their chosen perception and there's nothing any of us can do or say to influence it.

I don't call myself a Hun or a Dirty Orange bastard but it seems they can sing to their hearts are content using those terms with absolute impunity, so who is deciding that.

neither do I and that's the hypocrisy of the Scottish media and people just like Celtic supporting Clarke

Your point is? Why do you use the muppets at Rugby park to somehow justify the comments we all know some of our fans are always ready to spout?

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Cracking headlines across the media. Really good for the image of the club and us as fans.

For Lawell the fools chanting this crap are the gift that keeps giving. They are willingly keeping the spotlight of their fans.

We never learn but some simply don’t want to learn.

Two wrongs don’t make a right, no, but the bigger issue here is the systemic media bias that only chooses to report on this issue when it’s Rangers fans involved.

It’s a calculated agenda and has been for years. This is what the board need to readdress.

Robertson says they have dossiers several inches thick with all of the bias we’ve suffered, but what are they actually doing with it?

How do they go about getting it out there beyond Rangers TV into the wider world to start counteracting this skewed image of us as the only purveyors of sectarianism in Scottish football?

This has a direct effect on the brand and the club’s ability to attract new investment.

It has to be stopped.

50,000 Rangers fans could sit with their arms folded and legs crossed making no sound as their team won 1-0 in a game with no cards or refereeing errors but the mhedia would still find a way to launch an attack on us.
Exactly mate it would be playing sectarian pop songs over the tannoy or cutting the grass in the pattern of a sash or such like, one thing is for sure though, they'd find something, amazes me how many of our fans want us to change because of 19th Century Terrorists and Rangers haters in the media, they'll never be fair and balanced towards us no matter what we do.

Back