Sporcle quiz - the 65 players who made a competitive appearance under Gerrard

Really enjoyed that despite being rubbish. Too many "who was that guy who went to Motherwell" type scenarios where my mind went blank. Couldnt remember Flanagan's name, or Grezda's.

Totally forgot Zungu existed!

An embarrassing low 42, although I am giving myself 43, I did get Barsic but there was no way I was spelling it with all the áïč. Still a poor showing. Thanks for the quiz.

Annoyingly, 59.

Missed a few youth ones with singular appearances & strangely Kamberi who is listed as Albanian but actually isn’t …

Annoyingly, 59.

Missed a few youth ones with singular appearances & strangely Kamberi who is listed as Albanian but actually isn’t …
Kamberi is Albanian hahah was sure he was Swiss, (read that he is kinda Swiss but of Kosovan descent).
It's a tricky one with Kamberi - went with player's international team as being their nationality (eg Arfield Canadian, Aribo/Bassey/Balogun Nigerian) so while Kamberi is Swiss he has opted to play for Albania and has been called up to their team previously but hasn't been capped yet.

It's a tricky one with Kamberi - went with player's international team as being their nationality (eg Arfield Canadian, Aribo/Bassey/Balogun Nigerian) so while Kamberi is Swiss he has opted to play for Albania and has been called up to their team previously but hasn't been capped yet.

Yeah gotta go with their national team. Good (almost) trick question.

I got 55. Most notable miss Glenn Middleton.

Just did the OF scorers since 2000 one and got 98/102 so feel a bit better, especially as one of the four I didn't get was an OG.

F*ck it, I'll just do a shameless dump of the ones I've made (you can see how I spent my time during lockdown!). Plenty to choose from if you're at a loose end.

Every player from Walter's first spell
Every player who played under Dick
Every player who played under Eck
Old Firm scorers from 00-Present
Old Firm scorers from 80-99
Scorers per season (pick any season between 88/89 to last season)
Old Firm red cards since 2000
Champions League starting XIs (pick any season)

I know there's quite a few folk who create Rangers quizzes on Sporcle so feel free to dump any of your own in here as well.
I did better on the Old Firm Scorers 80-99 than I did on the 00 - present, my memory of players and teams seems to be better for older games. Also led me to look up on Jan Bartram whose name I have never came across before. Unremarkable career but scored against them so he is all right in my book.

I knew he’d been called up for Albania before but from playing FM he’s always listed as Swiss so never gave it a second thought :))

I managed to click a button that took me into a ratings page before I got my score. On a count back it must have been 50+. The youngsters were always likely to trip me up.

Like another poster, the Scottish forward who made 33 apps was a total mystery until the reveal (I quickly started the quiz again then hit quit to get the answers).

The Nigerian with 4 apps took me ages because I didn't know he was Nigerian and had largely forgotten about him.

One spoiler (sorry)... I found myself roaring 'there definitely was a fucking Evaria, I remember him scoring in Russia' when it was being rejected. About ten minutes in I realised it was me that had made the error.

That was fun. Managed 55, missed out on a few shockers though. Barker, Simpson, lundstram, stewart, Houston, I typed in Stephen Kelly but must have misspelled it and figured he wasn’t one so deleted it. That was good though! Thanks OP

40 with ten mins to spare , went to google correct spelling for Candeias and lost it. I was struggling though. Mind went blank on South African’s and American defender. I think I might have got to 50 without launching the iPad.

I managed to click a button that took me into a ratings page before I got my score. On a count back it must have been 50+. The youngsters were always likely to trip me up.

Like another poster, the Scottish forward who made 33 apps was a total mystery until the reveal (I quickly started the quiz again then hit quit to get the answers).

The Nigerian with 4 apps took me ages because I didn't know he was Nigerian and had largely forgotten about him.

One spoiler (sorry)... I found myself roaring 'there definitely was a fucking Evaria, I remember him scoring in Russia' when it was being rejected. About ten minutes in I realised it was me that had made the error.
That’s what my dad called him too :))

Back