Sports direct not going away!

I sincerely hope we are the victors in all court cases against this fat corrupt LFB

If for whatever reason we're not - then I also sincerely hope we're not going to get the pathetic attempt at marketing our merchandise we got from SD before -

That is no stock of our product outside of the Megastore in any U.K. SD outlets

If we do end up with anything less than perfect we need to stage mass complaints and use every strategy possible to highlight and hinder any further corrupt and inefficient 'service' the to$$er fobs us off with

No matter the outcome, I will never set foot in Fat Mikes jumble sale, and many thousands of Rangers supporters will feel the same way, he could punt strips for a tenner and I would still buy direct from Rangers paying full whack.
SD will be running online operations and probably the megastore too if they win.

Apparently, we only signed off on the 7 year deal.

Was signed day before Spivs got booted with Ashleys men on the Board. Deal was not ratified by the Board but under the reworked agreement both parties agreed to cease all litigation, including the case at looking at having the 7 year notice period contract booted out. As by time it been heard in court and subsequent appeals we be at year 5-6.

SD will be running online operations and probably the megastore too if they win.
This can’t be right surely? I thought the fact that we now own 100% of Rangers retail again would prevent this? I just understand that he can get exclusivity on the high street etc but surely we can always own and control sales from the club shop?

This can’t be right surely? I thought the fact that we now own 100% of Rangers retail again would prevent this? I just understand that he can get exclusivity on the high street etc but surely we can always own and control sales from the club shop?
They’ve been running it for years and the megastore.
Read post 425 or 800.

I read that JD were about to go in and refurb the megastore,I wonder if that will be part of the contract SD need to match?

No matter the outcome, I will never set foot in Fat Mikes jumble sale, and many thousands of Rangers supporters will feel the same way, he could punt strips for a tenner and I would still buy direct from Rangers paying full whack.

Buying direct will still be under the SD umbrella if they get the contract. Whoever gets the deal will operate all of our retail operation. There is no option to buy “direct” from the club.

Presumably this will result in at least a two delay in getting the kit sales launched? And another two weeks for fake kits, earning the club fu(k all squared, to have a free run at the replica shirt market. Not great ffs.

Judge has totally ignored Rangers commercial need for a quick judgement then. Can any of the legal guys tell us if this means Rangers will be due compensation via cross undertaking?

A wee bit disappointing not to get a (positive) decision today. But, on the bright side, the judge can’t think it is a slam dunk for SD. After all the grief we have endured with SD another couple of weeks or so doesn’t make a great deal of difference in the grand scheme of things. On balance, I am (a little bit) encouraged by the outcome today.

A wee bit disappointing not to get a (positive) decision today. But, on the bright side, the judge can’t think it is a slam dunk for SD. After all the grief we have endured with SD another couple of weeks or so doesn’t make a great deal of difference in the grand scheme of things. On balance, I am (a little bit) encouraged by the outcome today.

The 7yr rolling contract signed the day before the bastard board were ousted, I've always felt that was the contract we should have challenged in court.
Probably because it was obviously morally wrong and I can't see how any contract signed by the current board can be easier to break. I know nothing of the law here so morals probably play no part in rulings.
Hopefully the fact that we didn't lose outright today is a positive sign and King and Co do know the best path.

I thought we couldn't sell until 31st July in any case?
This is true but reading between the lines I think the club and our new partners Hummel and JD (if rumours are correct) had big marketing plans for the start of August and the big launch of the new kit. Including it would seem a total refurbishment of the megastore. These plans are all now in limbo.

This is true but reading between the lines I think the club and our new partners Hummel and JD (if rumours are correct) had big marketing plans for the start of August and the big launch of the new kit. Including it would seem a total refurbishment of the megastore. These plans are all now in limbo.
I know mate I'm just gutted trying to find something positive in this. More delays.Hate that fat wank!

I thought we couldn't sell until 31st July in any case?
We actually can't sell until we have a retail partner. We hoped to have a new retail partner in place by the 31st July which is when our retail arrangement with SD ends. Leading up to the 31st would have been time used by a new partner to set up online sales, fit out the megastore, and do marketing. None of these preparations are possible until the judge rules we can sign a contract with a supplier other than SD.
This affects Hummel too. I'm not sure where they are with manufacturing new merch stock, but as of now they can't take any orders from a retailer.

A judge on Wednesday said he would analyse evidence about the meaning of a contract clause at a High Court trial in London in late July. Mr Justice Phillips said bosses at Rangers should not sign any new deal until he had ruled on the contract row. The judge heard arguments about the dispute, from lawyers representing both sides, at a preliminary hearing in London on Tuesday.

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/news/range...over-sports-direct-merchandise-deal-1-4767164

Lawyer here guys, but don't do court work.

The wording of the contract is pretty clear that Rangers need to tell SD the terms of the new deal broken down by each of the "rights". They have not done that, as they say the offer is for all the "rights" together so they don't have a breakdown. The contract then says, if you can't provide the information required, you need to reject the bid.

To me this is pretty clear, but it does create an absurdity where it says you can get an offer for all the "rights" together, but then need to provide a breakdown for each "right" which would not exist.

What this means for the judge is he needs to decide if he is going to overrule the contract as it is absurd to provide the right to get an offer for all the "rights" but then have to reject it as you will not be able to provide a breakdown. Judges do not overrule the plain meaning of wording in contracts lightly, so will take his time. The fact he didn't decide today tells me he is minded to overrule, but needs to take time to ensure that he can justify that decision.

He was never going to lift the injunction till he decided.

We actually can't sell until we have a retail partner. We hoped to have a new retail partner in place by the 31st July which is when our retail arrangement with SD ends. Leading up to the 31st would have been time used by a new partner to set up online sales, fit out the megastore, and do marketing. None of these preparations are possible until the judge rules we can sign a contract with a supplier other than SD.
This affects Hummel too. I'm not sure where they are with manufacturing new merch stock, but as of now they can't take any orders from a retailer.

The initial interdict refers to correspondence from the proposed new retailer saying their plan was top refurb the Megastore and get it ready to open by 31 AUGUST - and timescales were already tight at that stage. If we get the go ahead that date will obviously now slip to mid-to-late September.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the Hummel & JD lawyers are liaising with our own QC to assist in challenging fat Mike and SD!!
This is true but reading between the lines I think the club and our new partners Hummel and JD (if rumours are correct) had big marketing plans for the start of August and the big launch of the new kit. Including it would seem a total refurbishment of the megastore. These plans are all now in limbo.[/QUOT

I'm clutching at straws I know. I'm just thinking if we get a favourable ruling in a few weeks then the delay may not be too bad.Trying to be positive but not easy when that fat scumbag is involved.

Lawyer here guys, but don't do court work.

The wording of the contract is pretty clear that Rangers need to tell SD the terms of the new deal broken down by each of the "rights". They have not done that, as they say the offer is for all the "rights" together so they don't have a breakdown. The contract then says, if you can't provide the information required, you need to reject the bid.

To me this is pretty clear, but it does create an absurdity where it says you can get an offer for all the "rights" together, but then need to provide a breakdown for each "right" which would not exist.

What this means for the judge is he needs to decide if he is going to overrule the contract as it is absurd to provide the right to get an offer for all the "rights" but then have to reject it as you will not be able to provide a breakdown. Judges do not overrule the plain meaning of wording in contracts lightly, so will take his time. The fact he didn't decide today tells me he is minded to overrule, but needs to take time to ensure that he can justify that decision.

He was never going to lift the injunction till he decided.

Where have you seen the wording of the contract? Is it publicly available/has it been reported with specific clause wording presented? Or are you seeing ti through other channels as part of you professional position?

The initial interdict refers to correspondence from the proposed new retailer saying their plan was top refurb the Megastore and get it ready to open by 31 AUGUST - and timescales were already tight at that stage. If we get the go ahead that date will obviously now slip to mid-to-late September.
Possibly. I've no idea how long something like a refurb will take. Setting up an online catalogue shouldn't take long, so buying online will be possible before the megastore is ready.
I think we are still going to have our retail partner in place for 1st August. Depending on the judge's ruling our partner will be SD, or it will be a new supplier. Hopefully the ruling allows us to sever all ties with Sports Direct.

Back