Sports direct

Just a guess mate I’m an amateur! Marty is the commercial expert so I’d listen to him!
No worries mate however what you said was along the lines of my thinking for what it's worth (with this being the very worst case scenario). Will be years away anyway no doubt with appeals factored in. Will be a great day when we are completely done with SD.

The chat, mostly amongst the great unwashed, is that it'll be £10 million damages at the very least.

I've no idea what the figure may be, but I'd certainly hope it's nowhere near as high as that.
fat cunt would never have given us ten million nor would he have made anywhere near that from our support.

Last edited:
The chat, mostly amongst the great unwashed, is that it'll be £10 million damages at the very least.

I've no idea what the figure may be, but I'd certainly hope it's nowhere near as high as that.
Of course it's not true ffs

There is already a 1 million cap on damages.

I have a really bad feeling that its personal between Dave King and Mike Ashley, and unfortunately Rangers are being made to suffer as a result.

Of course it's not true ffs

There is already a 1 million cap on damages.

Stand by my earlier post:

Given who is involved, I'll err on the side of caution and say not much more.

However, if it was as 'little' as £1 million, would we have just not paid it?
How much has been spent on legal fees?
And are things ever as simple as they seem with SD?

I know people keep posting there is a cap of £1 million... but, I'd suggest if £1 million could've made this all go away, we wouldn't still be talking about this.

Our lawyers feels like My Cousin Vinny.

I’ve never heard of Rangers winning a legal challenge apart from Douglas Parks legal case.

I enjoyed this comparison - Rangers are using Allen & Overy who are one of the most prestigious law firms in London! But anyway, did Vinny not ultimately win the case in the film?

I’ve not read every post in this thread - the most recent judgment in this case relates to an application (by Sports Direct) for the disclosure of certain documents - that is all. So, needless to say, the press articles/headlines are quite misleading.

Stand by my earlier post:

Given who is involved, I'll err on the side of caution and say not much more.

However, if it was as 'little' as £1 million, would we have just not paid it?
How much has been spent on legal fees?
And are things ever as simple as they seem with SD?

I know people keep posting there is a cap of £1 million... but, I'd suggest if £1 million could've made this all go away, we wouldn't still be talking about this.
Rangers would love to be able to write a cheque for £1M but the fat %^*& want to try and get a lot more.

Nothing wrong with our legal team. If we break an agreement then not much can be done. Whoever signed off on this is to blame but the club will have to pay. However we can keep on fighting it but that also costs.

I would be hopeful that appeal court judges would overturn his decision on the basis of what happens in real life is more reflex of reality than concentrating on the minutiae of a contract.
I tend to think appeal court judges probably got to that position by "concentrating on the minutiae of a contract"!!!!

I tend to think appeal court judges probably got to that position by "concentrating on the minutiae of a contract"!!!!
In a past life, I sat in many quarts and listened to judgments.
It was clear that the higher up the legal food chain you went, the more likely the judges were to apply what we would call common sense.

Back