Sports Heritage Scotland-Rangers v Inter Milan

Way before my time this but 1984 was quite a night at Ibrox. Pretty sure rummenigge scored a belter and coisty missed a chance to put us through.

It sure is, I think it was called our "floodlight strip".
I believe we wore that particular strip on only one other occasion in the 60s. I also once heard Sandy Jardine unearthed them in a cupboard at Ibrox many years later.

In the 70s, we had both red and white round-neck change strips with the RFC badge embroidered.

Way before my time this but 1984 was quite a night at Ibrox. Pretty sure rummenigge scored a belter and coisty missed a chance to put us through.
It’s Inter, there was snow all round the pitch. I was at the game IIRC it was 1-0 but we lost 3-2 on aggregate?

Jim Forrest scored both our goals home and away. Late in the second leg at Ibrox George McLean hammered a shot that looked a goal all the way but it hit the underside of the bar and rebounded out. Arguably our best chance of winning the European Cup

We were two goals short at 3-1 ( 3-0 first leg) so we would have had to win 5-1 to go through.
It was a great performance, though.

For the '65 game in the San Siro did we not lose the 3 goals in the 1st 5 minutes of the 2nd half?
I thought we were reasonably comfortable in the 1st half and then had a calamitous start to the 2nd?

For the '65 game in the San Siro did we not lose the 3 goals in the 1st 5 minutes of the 2nd half?
I thought we were reasonably comfortable in the 1st half and then had a calamitous start to the 2nd?
We did, 3-0 down after they scored 3 inside the first 5 minutes of the second half as you say, Forrest pulled one back later on to give us some sort of chance second leg

We were two goals short at 3-1 ( 3-0 first leg) so we would have had to win 5-1 to go through.
It was a great performance, though.
Especially with the quality of the team at the time.( us)
Italy had won the world cup 2 years previously and had some great players in various clubs.

Back