Sportscene just now

She went to St Joseph College in Dumfries (private RC school)
Means nothing. I’ve a mate down south massive bluenose sends all 3 of his kids to a private RC school. He’s got the money and it’s the best school in the area. Two of them are bluenoses and one doesn’t bother with football.

Means nothing. I’ve a mate down south massive bluenose sends all 3 of his kids to a private RC school. He’s got the money and it’s the best school in the area. Two of them are bluenoses and one doesn’t bother with football.
No amount of money or educational standards would make me send my daughter to one of those cult bigot factories. Private or state run they are an absolute disgrace. The one form of apartheid still tolerated in our society. Makes me sick

PS No offence to your mate by the way

Amy Irons. Daughter of David Irons (ex St Johnstone, Dunfermline).

A big darling indeed.

amyirons.png

This Irons HOT.

No amount of money or educational standards would make me send my daughter to one of those cult bigot factories. Private or state run they are an absolute disgrace. The one form of apartheid still tolerated in our society. Makes me sick

Ffs mate what do you think goes on in the schools? Sacrificing sheep etc? :D It’s basically a bit of RE that you don’t get anymore at non denoms and a short mass on a Friday similar to what non denoms used to have when we were young when a minister came in and done a service. PS I don’t agree with state funded separate schools for kids, but you can be sure if I had the money and I thought it bettered my kids education I’d do that same as my mate. And davie irons.

Ffs mate what do you think goes on in the schools? Sacrificing sheep etc? :D It’s basically a bit of RE that you don’t get anymore at non denoms and a short mass on a Friday similar to what non denoms used to have when we were young when a minister came in and done a service. PS I don’t agree with state funded separate schools for kids, but you can be sure if I had the money and I thought it bettered my kids education I’d do that same as my mate. And davie irons.

You've got kids and nae money, that you're saying.

Exactly where does your mate stay and dont tell me not to be nosy coz u brought it up.

You've got kids and nae money, that you're saying.

Exactly where does your mate stay and dont tell me not to be nosy coz u brought it up.
Haha ffs :))I’ve not got “ nae money” my family are fine but I’m saying if I Had the money I’d have zero hesitation in funding their education if it was to the betterment of my kids and it wouldn’t bother me what the name of the school was if it was the best one in the area.

They still do RE at non doms but it is very general as far as I can tell.

No mass. Best case, pre covid was a once a year attendance at the local church (which most didn’t go to)

They still do RE at non doms but it is very general as far as I can tell.

No mass. Best case, pre covid was a once a year attendance at the local church (which most didn’t go to)
It’s been eliminated altogether at our local non denom and that goes as far as Christmas where they still had a Christmas “ play” but they aren’t allowed any reference to Jesus and the manger etc or nativity or anything at all from the bible. It’s focussed on Santa, Christmas being for everyone, some Abba songs and is very wishy washy.

It’s been eliminated altogether at our local non denom and that goes as far as Christmas where they still had a Christmas “ play” but they aren’t allowed any reference to Jesus and the manger etc or nativity or anything at all from the bible. It’s focussed on Santa, Christmas being for everyone, some Abba songs and is very wishy washy.
As it should be. The Yanks don't get much right but they've nailed this. Religion has no place in education

Well...this thread has taken an unexpected turn.

I’m watching last night’s program just now , I had fast forwarded it a bit & missed the introductions , at first glance I thought they’d got David goodwillie in as a pundit , as unlikely as that would have been , remember this is bbc Scotland !

Apologies to Cammy Bell

brainwashed bigot factorys

no thanks

brainwashed bigot factorys

no thanks
In my admittedly limited experience most of that stuff comes from parents not schools. I know several bears who are bringing their kids up taking them to Ibrox but their wives are RC or Jewish for example so they kids go to their schools. How can that be a bad thing? Most of our 55 winning team probably went to RC schools, our manager did, is he a product of a” bigot factory” as well aye?

What a load of over dramatic bollocks.

I noticed yesterday after the rugby, Sportscene results came on and the closing shot in the opening intro is Nonce FC lifting the league trophy :))
Pathetic

I noticed yesterday after the rugby, Sportscene results came on and the closing shot in the opening intro is Nonce FC lifting the league trophy :))
Pathetic
I noticed that too, I was wondering what that was all about!

Reactions: BWO
In my admittedly limited experience most of that stuff comes from parents not schools. I know several bears who are bringing their kids up taking them to Ibrox but their wives are RC or Jewish for example so they kids go to their schools. How can that be a bad thing? Most of our 55 winning team probably went to RC schools, our manager did, is he a product of a” bigot factory” as well aye?

What a load of over dramatic bollocks.
probably aye your defending of that cult is shocking

using our players or managers is worse

they were not indoctrinated in scotland

how many protestants are in these rc schools you speak of and how many priests in these schools are fukin molesters

how many protestants are in these rc schools you speak of and how many priests in these schools are fukin molesters
I’m not defending any cult or anything. I don’t agree with separating kids in state funded schools.

What do you mean” using” our players or manager? Did Neil mccann not go to a Scottish school? I await your reply.

I’m saying you are blaming schools for parents poisoning kids minds. Plenty of great Rangers players and supporters went through a Catholic school and turned out fine including the manager who got 55

If that disturbs you maybe you should look at your own skewed idea of reality including the idea that “ priests are in schools” ffs. They visit schools the same way a minister used to visit our non denom schools.

Would I fcuk.

I’m not defending any cult or anything. I don’t agree with separating kids in state funded schools.

What do you mean” using” our players or manager? Did Neil mccann not go to a Scottish school? I await your reply.

I’m saying you are blaming schools for parents poisoning kids minds. Plenty of great Rangers players and supporters went through a Catholic school and turned out fine including the manager who got 55

If that disturbs you maybe you should look at your own skewed idea of reality including the idea that “ priests are in schools” ffs. They visit schools the same way a minister used to visit our non denom schools.
Naw they don't, try and get a move up the ladder in an R C mind altering factory if you are Protestant teacher ,no chance

Naw they don't, try and get a move up the ladder in an R C mind altering factory if you are Protestant teacher ,no chance
No idea on that one. All I know is some of our greatest players and most of our current squad including the title winning manager of 55 came through their schools to become Rangers legends so they can’t be this weird “ cult factory “ some speak of. It starts at home with the ones full of hate. Whether I I agree that kids so young should be separated is another thing entirely, I think it’s a massive issue that the state fund it.

Eh, not many Protestants, but all priests

Back