Sportscene this morning

Might be naive here but could Stewart Robertson's interview have had an impact? They showed the red card from an angle that looked pretty conclusive and dismissed the penalty claim. Was also expecting them to analyse the Candeias tackle in depth.

I stand by my opinion, a technical red but still soft. Certainly wouldn't have been red 20 years ago, when footballers were men.
If we had the same interpretations as we did twenty years ago, there’d be a helluva lot less cards.
Time has moved on.
Twenty years ago is a footballing lifetime and totally different interpretations of the same laws of the game apply.

Personally, I thought theirs, however soft, was a penalty. Brophy fuqed it up for himself by theatrically diving, but Joe had a right good hold of him. I’d be wanting a penalty had it been against us.

The red isn’t even worth discussing. That won’t be rescinded.

I thought Sportscene were balanced for a change. I felt they were as weary of the obsession over refereeing decisions as the rest of us are. They started on the football and praised Morelos. Clarke's comments and the nature of the interview made it very hard to ignore the singing and in my opinion we deserve a bit of heat for that, and contrary to what some have said Thompson was very careful to mention the abuse of Boyd to avoid being accused of bias. Yes Stewart made a silly point to wriggle out of the red being a red but he didn't labour it or say it was obvious or anything like that and it's often the case that pundits will take a different position on an incident so that both sets of fans feel they had a voice on the show, it's not a big deal imo.

They said on BBC Scotland Radio last night that the goalie was 'only putting his arms up in the air to give himself more space at the corner, like most goalies do these days" :mad:

Don't these clowns realise that even if you lift you hands (or elbows) towards an opponents face, it' a red card. There doesn't even have to be contact. Even a headbutt motion without any contact is a straight red.

'Strict liabilty' should start with employees who abuse children!

Then we can move on to more serious offences like subjecting grown men with naughty songs:mad:

Clear red for me. Not only was it off the ball, the ball wasn't even in play. It's an assault, he knew exactly what he was doing. The defender give Kamara a push just to help him on his way down, as well.

[QUOTE="tuc, post: 3143629, member: 12159"]Not a penalty[/QUOTE]
- Check out clip in post #41.
Unless you really do think 'no penalty' after watching that clip then it kinda makes your snap judgement a bit foolish IMO.

Not a red last night, Stewart says, as it’s not violent conduct.

Whilst two weeks ago he said Morelos ‘volleyed’ an Aberdeen player at the start of the season (yes that little nothing flick) and got a deserved red that should not have been rescinded. However he also says the last red Morelos got at Aberdeen was a definite red!

The elbow to the face last night was the most violent of the three - and it’s not even close!

Where do you even start with such bias?

I stand by my opinion, a technical red but still soft. Certainly wouldn't have been red 20 years ago, when footballers were men.
In this day and age unfortunately it is a red card which makes you wonder if many of our heroes of yesteryear would even be footballers nowadays

Back