Sportscene Tonight

When Gerrard said after the Dundee United game that if Morelos had been responsible for the high boot ‘challenge’ on him by Edwards then he’d have been sent off. Michael Stewart made a big point of berating him for this ‘why can’t he just enjoy the win’, ‘needless comments’ etc.

Nothing said about Lennon’s ridiculous comments about the referee having a terrible game when Celtic were actually the benefactors of a few decisions?! People are batshit scared of pulling him up for his stupid comments and excuses.
The three in the studio remarked about the penalties without saying directly re Lennon’s comments about Willie Collum’s performance. Poor show as always from BBC Shortbread. But no one is really surprised as the producers have any potential disquiet about any Celtic employee bringing the game into disrepute nailed down. Stewart dons his Celtic TV hat and only removes it with Peter’s express say so. The others are kept on a tight leash by the aforementioned producers.

How long before Mikey reverts to type.

For all the talk on here that the mentally challengeds are useless they still scored a neat first goal with McGregor. Let’s not get too carried away. Sure, it is absolutely brilliant to be where we are. A long way to go and despite TLB getting his formations wrong, I did expect them to lose yesterday, but they came from behind to lead. Doesn’t tell me that it’s a team on the verge of collapsing. We will need to dig deep against Killie. A win against Poznan is like a cherry on a cake. The real aim must be the league and to go for it relentlessly. I for one think we might have to beat the mentally challengeds at least 3 times this season.

Lennon’s comments about the ref were ‘baffling’.
Collum missed an obvious handball in the first half when 2yds away. Duffy should have had a straight red for his shocking barge on the touchline yet not even discussed on Sportscene, Duffy’s obvious push on Cosgrove before Celtic’s second went unpenalised and McGregor should have had a second yellow at the penalty. All these decisions favoured Celtic. Compliance officer surely should be looking at Lennon and Duffy. McGregor too though don’t know if they can act on yellows not given.

They know they're being done favours by officials in Scotland, they just want even more now they're struggling a bit.

Just watched the scum highlights for a laugh . Push on cosgrove missed ,M c gregor should have walked and as Foster pointed out ,yer man whatever his name is was falling the second he entered the penalty area .Extremely soft to say the least .Not a sign of brown(sorry yellow) employing his elbow.Now if that was Alfie ,well you know the rest . Still, alls well that ends well eh :)) get it up ye you shower of tramps .

Don't know what edition you were watching mate, but they called out Duffy's shove on Cosgrove as a blatant foul in their analysis.

Just as Stewart said McGregor should've seen a straight red for the penalty.

I wish some of our support didn't go down the mentally challenged route of always wanting to be offended and just stick to the facts.

Stewart is still a cuunt , by all means call him out when he starts his pish on us, but let's not make things up.

Lego continues to elbow opponents on the snide.
He makes sure the ref can't see it and knows the linesman will not call it,as they would leave themselves open to threats on social media and need a glazier at home.
Disgraceful he gets away with it every week.
Lego really needs to be reeled in by the authorities.

Last edited:
For all the talk on here that the mentally challengeds are useless they still scored a neat first goal with McGregor. Let’s not get too carried away. Sure, it is absolutely brilliant to be where we are. A long way to go and despite TLB getting his formations wrong, I did expect them to lose yesterday, but they came from behind to lead. Doesn’t tell me that it’s a team on the verge of collapsing. We will need to dig deep against Killie. A win against Poznan is like a cherry on a cake. The real aim must be the league and to go for it relentlessly. I for one think we might have to beat the mentally challengeds at least 3 times this season.
You sound like all the tim media placement talking about what a positive 1-3 Milan was and coming from behind to lead Aberdeen before ultimately dropping 2 points.

Look forward to your post on Thursday about what a good sign getting beat in France and failing to win for the 4th game in a row is.

Polishing a turd of Timmy proportion.

Just watching saturdays show.
The killie player who gets carried off. He lands normally, but there’s no turf to give way and the boot sticks. All his weight went into the knee. Looks like an ACL.
Plastic pitch strikes again.

Lennon’s comments about the ref were ‘baffling’.
Collum missed an obvious handball in the first half when 2yds away. Duffy should have had a straight red for his shocking barge on the touchline yet not even discussed on Sportscene, Duffy’s obvious push on Cosgrove before Celtic’s second went unpenalised and McGregor should have had a second yellow at the penalty. All these decisions favoured Celtic. Compliance officer surely should be looking at Lennon and Duffy. McGregor too though don’t know if they can act on yellows not given.
Spot On.
I take that's what Bitter Lemon was banging on about when moaning about Collum. Looked up the Oxford Dictionary there - confirmed that the very definition of a hypocrite is a Lurgan Flop.

Controvertial but Sportscene have upped their game in recent weeks. Actually looking into a bit of analysis rather than just trying to provoke controversy. Small things like the positive and negative analysis of Bassey being an example. Maybe by May they'll have upped their game enough for Mr Gerrard to tell them in person to get it up them.

Don't know what edition you were watching mate, but they called out Duffy's shove on Cosgrove as a blatant foul in their analysis.

Just as Stewart said McGregor should've seen a straight red for the penalty.

I wish some of our support didn't go down the mentally challenged route of always wanting to be offended and just stick to the facts.

Stewart is still a cuunt , by all means call him out when he starts his pish on us, but let's not make things up.
What i was highlighting was what the ref missed or didn't take action on in the match mate ,not what happened on the show which, tbh i found pretty well balanced in their comments .Only watched the scum bit so can't comment on their coverage of our match .
So which bit do you think i was inventing then :rolleyes:

He told us it was just their shape that was the problem after the Milan game, well they changed that and were still pish.

A big deal was made of Lennon being a tactical genuis (compared to Gerrard last year - and folk on here were even criticising our manager for it) with his switch to 3-5-2.

I think, rather than any tactical revolution being the answer, it was simply that his players found form and a few injuries cleared up and they went on a winning run.

The same system was now causing them problems and even a change to the standard 4-4-2 which had also worked before didn't help them.

Just like with Gerrard, it looks like better players and being in form / playing for the manager has helped us.

A big deal was made of Lennon being a tactical genuis (compared to Gerrard last year - and folk on here were even criticising our manager for it) with his switch to 3-5-2.

I think, rather than any tactical revolution being the answer, it was simply that his players found form and a few injuries cleared up and they went on a winning run.

The same system was now causing them problems and even a change to the standard 4-4-2 which had also worked before didn't help them.

Just like with Gerrard, it looks like better players and being in form / playing for the manager has helped us.
Their 3-5-2 is very effective against the other teams, who have neither the tactical nous or quality that we have.

For context, they have dropped 2 points in 17 games with 3-5-2, and dropped 2 points in 1 game using a 4-2-3-1.

If Lennon had any strength of character, he'd have stuck to his system and probably would have won in Aberdeen.

Their 3-5-2 is very effective against the other teams, who have neither the tactical nous or quality that we have.

For context, they have dropped 2 points in 17 games with 3-5-2, and dropped 2 points in 1 game using a 4-2-3-1.

If Lennon had any strength of character, he'd have stuck to his system and probably would have won in Aberdeen.
Doc you miss the humping we gave them using 3-5-2?

The three in the studio remarked about the penalties without saying directly re Lennon’s comments about Willie Collum’s performance. Poor show as always from BBC Shortbread. But no one is really surprised as the producers have any potential disquiet about any Celtic employee bringing the game into disrepute nailed down. Stewart dons his Celtic TV hat and only removes it with Peter’s express say so. The others are kept on a tight leash by the aforementioned producers.

How long before Mikey reverts to type.

The general feeling in the media is that even when Lennon gets it wrong we need to be empathetic towards him, he’s got a pressurised job etc.

Yet that same luxury never seems to be given to Gerrard by guys like Stewart and Hugh Keevins who both sounded almost personally insulted at Gerrard’s comments about Morelos in the Dundee United game, doing their best to demean our manager.

You sound like all the tim media placement talking about what a positive 1-3 Milan was and coming from behind to lead Aberdeen before ultimately dropping 2 points.

Look forward to your post on Thursday about what a good sign getting beat in France and failing to win for the 4th game in a row is.

Polishing a turd of Timmy proportion.

They WILL lose on Thursday.

How Michael Stewart and Richard Foster can critique any footballer is absolute comedy.

Foster wasn’t bad last night to be fair. Wasn’t afraid to question the Celtic penalty as being very, very soft, suggesting it was a dive.

Not a fan of his much but at least Richard Foster won a league title with us in 2010/11, won a league cup with Ross County and played 3 games in the Champions League (MoTM against Valencia) for us. Michael Stewart has done nothing close to that, won nothing.

Their 4-4-2 under Rogers and Lennon before he made the change was successful to similar levels too.

The issue is the oppostion are really poor more than any big changes in tactics as I see it.

You're possibly right about the last part. It's great that they're possibly second guessing themselves for every single thing now.

nah, keep it going until a loss at Motherwell, Hibs and the cup SF to the sheep
Their next two league matches could define the season if we keep winning.

Any defeat in those will be unbearable for that mob.

And maybe for good measure Aberdeen bounce them out of the cup.

Foster wasn’t bad last night to be fair. Wasn’t afraid to question the Celtic penalty as being very, very soft, suggesting it was a dive.

Not a fan of his much but at least Richard Foster won a league title with us in 2010/11, won a league cup with Ross County and played 3 games in the Champions League (MoTM against Valencia) for us. Michael Stewart has done nothing close to that, won nothing.

Foster the 1st & possibly only player to back Bilel in the Fir Park shame game. And, no, I haven't forgotten he's a yesser.

Back