Sportscene

WTF, was anyone else, anywhere questioning the penalty?
Main shouldn't even be allowed on a football pitch. Fukin animal.
Just watched it online. He does not dispute the penalty but does dispute the red card. Usually his drivel washes over me but I was shouting at my computer listening to his absolute nonsense.
Even worse was his assertion, with which Foster and Thompson agreed, that Main's tackle was not a red. Studs up and knee high and those three think not a red. Aaaaarrghhh.
Stewart is trolling because the Natzi fuckwit hates us but Foster (who for all his flaws always tried his best) or even Thompson, who is not one of us (St Mirren fan) but surely has nothing against us, do they really believe that tackle is ok?

This is the level of stupidity that pervades in Scotland nowadays. Can anyone imagine a discussion comprising say Graeme Souness, Alan Shearer, Gary Neville, Gabrielle Marcotti, Guillem Balague and Michael Stewart and the idiot exposing his nonsense. They would absolutely rip him apart figuratively speaking, but this is what we are subjected to week in week out.

Last edited:
Just watched it online. He does not dispute the penalty but does dispute the red card. Usually his drivel washes over me but I was shouting at my computer listening to his absolute nonsense.
Even worse was his assertion, with which Foster and Thompson agreed, that Main's tackle was not a red. Studs up and knee high and those three think not a red. Aaaaarrghhh.
Stewart is trolling because the Natzi fuckwit hates us but Foster (who for all his flaws always tried his best) or even Thompson, who is not one of us (St Mirren fan) but surely has nothing against us, do they really believe that tackle is ok?
Pricks

The problem Scottish football has is that that tackle is not seen as something where the player is ‘out of control’.
I’ll say it again, until Scottish football sorts the refereeing Scottish football will never progress.
A wee home exercise for everyone. Watch all next weekends’ Scottish games as far as you can, including the Friday night game if there is one, and note what one of the European referees we have had in the Europa league would have given had they been in charge compared to what the SFA referee actually decided. I’ve done it and the difference is frightening.

Guess what Micheal Stewart says it wasn’t a penalty, and there wasn’t much contact on Barasic , can the bbc not find pundits that know about the game.

No he doesn't. He says it was a penalty then tries to say it's a yellow even though he knows rules say red but they are wrong.

You can see he's just fucking trolling now - he's getting a bit Graham Spiers like craving for attention.

I’m not surprised.

The BBC should consider the fact that an actual opposition player was more objective towards Rangers and refereeing decisions today than the person they employ to supposedly give impartial, objective opinions.

The prick said it wasn't in the "spirit of the rules" to give a red card which is a new level of baffling even for him.

The rules are there in black and white. Goalscoring opportunity? Yes. Attempt to play the ball? No. It's a blatant red card. Beaton is a cheating cunt and if he had any other option he'd have taken it.

You can see he's just fucking trolling now - he's getting a bit Graham Spiers like craving for attention.

From corduroy jacket to big phuck off polo necks.

The ref gave McKinnes an explanation at HT. He had no option as there was no attempt to play the ball

Simple enough stuff Mikey

I've listened to some absolute pish from Stewart but this takes the biscuit. He literally wants to change the rules because they clearly support a red card for Hedges, ffs no surprise he thought Maine's was not a red , guys a dick.

Watching it again, Hedges knows exactly what he's doing. He tries to be clever.

From one particular angle you can see clearly that his eyes are fixed firmly on back of Morelos' legs. He tries to make it look like he's jumping out the way but theres no backwards or sideways motion normally associated with avoiding a collision at all. He jumps with his leading leg, with his foot hardly off the ground, right through the back of Alfredos stride so theres only one outcome. He even touches him with his left hand as a range guide to make sure he's still close enough and doesn't miss. Then its the I'm innocent act.

How Stewart can see that as anything other than a red... well, we all know why. Even his pals in the studio laughed at him. Donkey.

Probably scared of losing their gigs at Pacific Quay CFC.
Main's was a straight red in any other league in Europe, and for anyone in Scotland if it weren't committed on a Ranger. Clueless fukwits!

Its not the contact on Borna. Its the fact not only is his boot up but he cannot control himself after it and goes flying on his own arse. That alone tells you if he did connect how dangerous it was.

Wreckless play, Red Card!

From one particular angle you can see clearly that his eyes are fixed firmly on back of Morelos' legs. He tries to make it look like he's jumping out the way but theres no backwards or sideways motion normally associated with avoiding a collision at all. He jumps with his leading leg, with his foot hardly off the ground, right through the back of Alfredos stride so theres only one outcome. He even touches him with his left hand as a range guide to make sure he's still close enough and doesn't miss. Then its the I'm innocent act.

How Stewart can see that as anything other than a red... well, we all know why. Even his pals in the studio laughed at him. Donkey.
Correct, players learn all the wee sneaky fouls that are easily missed. He knew what he was doing but this time the ref saw it, about the only thing he got right.

Correct, players learn all the wee sneaky fouls that are easily missed. He knew what he was doing but this time the ref saw it, about the only thing he got right.
Indeed, but thats all incidental anyway. Just looked at the rules that Stewart was alluding to and that bitter tw^t doesn't half talk some utter sh!te when he's trying to troll Rangers, which must be what his game is, because it's just gone too far with him now. Whether he tried to get out of way or not, whether it was an accident or not, is totally irrelevant.

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.
All that usual mumbling and bumbling, this time about holding, pulling and pushing, funnily enough omitting to mention the 'no possibility of playing the ball' part :rolleyes: he must have forgot that bit, all that talking in riddles that he does (body dynamics o_O) to try and bamboozle people, yet as usual it really is as clear as day. Beaton had no option but to send him off.

He really is an idiot who clearly can't even read or comprehend basic English or he's at it. The choice is yours. Either way he has no place in football punditry. A moron of the highest order.

Edit: and I havent even started on the Main challenge 'not being a red' yet. Cukoo.

Last edited:

The fact that our football pundits do not condone that tackle again highlights all that is wrong with our game. Hammer throwers are allowed to flourish in this backwater, tackles that would see a red all over Europe are applauded in our game.

Michael Beale was criticised last season when he commented that our football would never improve until we stopped praising the kickers in our game. Yesterday Aberdeen's gameplan showed nothing has changed, they were allowed to commit foul after foul with little punishment.

Last edited:
He is a pretty pathetic individual, but unfortunately epitomises football pundits in Scotland. He only says the opposite of what everyone knows to be true. This might have worked at first in a vague attempt to come across as interesting and controversial, but now it is just embarrassing and yawn inducing. Someone like him would never get near to being on a proper football show down in England, or most other countries for that matter. Unfortunately ,in Scotland, the proper knowledgable football men don't want to associated with shows like Sportscene , thus we are stuck with people like him. Pretty sad really how he continues to humiliate himself without realising it.

Aberdeen manager accepts it.

Michael Stewart cannot. Haha

The referee explaining the rules is still not enough for this clown.
He just embarrasses himself with such stupidity, other than he doesn’t do embarrassment.
The only people in the country that won’t accept it was the correct decision are sheep fans, septic fans, and any qunt else that hates Rangers to the point that where they demand each rule be interpreted in a way that it gives Rangers nothing.
The last group there being where Stewart fits.

Even after getting told that the games laws state he has to be sent off, the dick still tried to argue against it.

I said at the time he was trying to be cute, he knows he is catching Alfie.

Stewart has taken on the mantle of Yahoos favourite pundit from Spiers'10 year+ run

He's the one the filth now say is "fair and balanced" which in Yahoospeak means "biased for us"

He knows this and his attention seeking demands he feeds their thirst for Sevcoooooing

if you look at Hedges reaction before the red card is shown he knows what he's done. Only a moron like Stewart can argue with that

watched it this morning, as far as I could tell, his baffling logic was that because it wasn't included in the e.g. paragraph of the rules, (where it lists what it might cover) means the rule doesn't cover it. Doesn't understand what "examples" means.

Near enough my thoughts, I was slightly different in I thought the arm on Morellos was to try and con the ref into thinking Morellos goes down because of the brush with the arm and hence no penalty and a possible booking for Morellos for simulation

Even Mcinnes accepted the ref for it correct.

Michael Stewart really is a fud. Thankfully a largely irrelevant one.

Michael Stewart watches the late Sunday night Sportscene and disagrees with everything Michael Stewart says.

An absolute walloper, who is employed by Covid FC, says it all really.

Indeed, but thats all incidental anyway. Just looked at the rules that Stewart was alluding to and that bitter tw^t doesn't half talk some utter sh!te when he's trying to troll Rangers, which must be what his game is, because it's just gone too far with him now. Whether he tried to get out of way or not, whether it was an accident or not, is totally irrelevant.

All that usual mumbling and bumbling, this time about holding, pulling and pushing, funnily enough omitting to mention the 'no possibility of playing the ball' part :rolleyes: he must have forgot that bit, all that talking in riddles that he does (body dynamics o_O) to try and bamboozle people, yet as usual it really is as clear as day. Beaton had no option but to send him off.

He really is an idiot who clearly can't even read or comprehend basic English or he's at it. The choice is yours. Either way he has no place in football punditry. A moron of the highest order.

Edit: and I havent even started on the Main challenge 'not being a red' yet. Cukoo.
Correct in everything you say bud, he would never get near a pundit job in any other country. Complete dolt.

Back