Spurs ask fans to move on from using the Y word

Baffled by this too.
However surely there is a part of this that the hun word should be used by kick it out. We all know the SFA and snp won’t do anything about it. Is this not an opportunity to push for this to be dealt with more. It’s just not used against by pedo fc all the rest do too.

Hate Spurs

dates back to when I was about 10 or 11, on holiday with my parents. They got talking to some old couple from London, and the old boy was a Spurs fan. He kept wanting to talk about football, but I just thought he was ultra creepy for reasons I couldn’t articulate at the time - just my instinct told me to stay well away

hated Spurs ever since

It’s a strange one / some sort of badge of pride spurs fans seem to have keep using it
It shows what a mess racist and similar debates are. This demonstrates that intent is key. Spurs fans seem to be able to use the word but others can’t. One is racist, the other not. Strange.

Hate Spurs

dates back to when I was about 10 or 11, on holiday with my parents. They got talking to some old couple from London, and the old boy was a Spurs fan. He kept wanting to talk about football, but I just thought he was ultra creepy for reasons I couldn’t articulate at the time - just my instinct told me to stay well away

hated Spurs ever since
He probably hates Rangers now.
Telling folk he met this family years ago on holiday, trying to talk to them about football but thought this wee boy was a helmet for reasons he couldn't articulate at the time.

Went to a Spurs game a few years ago at WHL and a load of the casuals were behind us.

They sang:

Who
Who
Who the Y**s are

For the entire match.

Went to a Spurs game a few years ago at WHL and a load of the casuals were behind us.

They sang:

Who
Who
Who the Y**s are

For the entire match.
Was down for Brentford game before Christmas at the new stadium and most chants were yidz or yid army from the massive home end behind the goal.

All about intent.

Spurs fans ,and they are mainly non Jewish,love the Jewish link to the club .so it's actually embracing their minority Jewish support.
I'd have thought the wokists would love that,the underdog, minority being championed .
Oh Hang on ,it's Jews we are talking about.

What are they going to do if they start chanting ' Jew army' instead?

I demand the right to call them the f word. I was proudly brought up by family and friends to indulge in this and I shall carry on the tradition.

Lots of talk about Spurs fans being entitled to use it as they are Jewish - the vast majority of match going Tottenham fans using this word are not actually Jewish. Most Jewish fans find the word offensive.

I think this is fair enough. I don’t think we should be using any word in society that we can’t all use. So the n-word, the y-word and any other word that is unacceptable in general use but a particular group have “reclaimed” should all be confined to history IMO.

Sounds like this other lot of football supporters that don't like something, but refer to themselves as some sort of army by that word.

All about intent.

Spurs fans ,and they are mainly non Jewish,love the Jewish link to the club .so it's actually embracing their minority Jewish support.
I'd have thought the wokists would love that,the underdog, minority being championed .
Oh Hang on ,it's Jews we are talking about.

What are they going to do if they start chanting ' Jew army' instead?
Jesus was a proud Jew.

This is a good thing.

If it's deemed that a word can be objectively offensive at all times then the tinks can no longer call themselves 19th Century Terrorists.

Those scrote sacks that have that word on their banners could be done with a hate crime.

My American Jewish workmate became a Spurs ‘soccer’ fan because of the Pro Jewishness of the fans. He was told they were known as London’s Jewish team which he thought was amazing. Now he wears the club shop most days & says he has never felt a sense of belonging like it.

My American Jewish workmate became a Spurs ‘soccer’ fan because of the Pro Jewishness of the fans. He was told they were known as London’s Jewish team which he thought was amazing. Now he wears the club shop most days & says he has never felt a sense of belonging like it.
I know Americans can be fat, but ffs.....

Back