Spurs Finances - and the £3million bonus for Daniel Levy

On a similar theme, what kind of bonus is Bisgrove on?

I know Lawwell was on a huge 7 figure bonus at Celtic which was criticised by the unwashed support.

He never the bonus to himself and no fecker in their right mind will turn down a bonus!

Bonus's are paid out for targets met and surpassed so he must be doing something right

How much did their stadium cost? Seems like it’s a real money spinner.

Do they still have a wage cap? That was the reason given for not being able to attract big enough players to start challenging for trophies.

People can’t grasp the notion of bonuses.

It’s written into contracts well before if he hits certain targets demanded etc.

He’s done it he gets it. What’s next ask all the players to not get theirs either?

It’s generally the ones that aren’t in that position that moan about it.

But different if maybe pulling that when they are in some form of bankruptcy or deep shit financially

People can’t grasp the notion of bonuses.

It’s written into contracts well before if he hits certain targets demanded etc.

He’s done it he gets it. What’s next ask all the players to not get theirs either?

It’s generally the ones that aren’t in that position that moan about it.

But different if maybe pulling that when they are in some form of bankruptcy or deep shit financially
Their fans don't see their level of accomplishment as success or bonusworthy.

I don’t see the issue. The club have negotiated a stadium move and are still competitive in the aftermath. Essentially he is doing a good job. No different to a player getting a win bonus or goal bonus

There will be squad players who earn more than him.

Overall they seem to be on a decent footing long term. The new stadium is a game changer for them.

You have to say he deserves every penny.

Unless you are a grandstanding buffoon, in which case all hes grown and generated isnt worth the, by comparison, pennies hes now paid in a bonus.

Id be a bit like complaining about the bonuses Finance Execs pull down.

He never the bonus to himself and no fecker in their right mind will turn down a bonus!

Bonus's are paid out for targets met and surpassed so he must be doing something right

Well, it's not for success on the park.

It has to be average attendances and mechandise.

Imagine being known as a the best club for going to concerts and American football at your stadium before actual fucking football.
I went on their stadium tour last year. You start the tour in the shop (and it ends in the shop) you are taken into a concourse where there is three glass cases with about nine trophies. The guide doesn’t really mention them. The tour is about the stadium rather than the history of the club it was really disappointing (not that I like Spurs) In contrast I went to some training at Meadow lane. And everywhere you went in the main stand there was cabinets of trophies and memorabilia which I was far more impressed with.

I see Brighton made £123m profit for the last financial year, the best ever by an English club. Wonder how much their CEO is on! Brilliantly run football club.
Or got lucky selling two players for £150 million.

Wonder what next years accounts will be like

On a similar theme, what kind of bonus is Bisgrove on?

I know Lawwell was on a huge 7 figure bonus at Celtic which was criticised by the unwashed support.
Think he was the highest paid football CEO in the UK. One of their shareholders told me this. He wasn't happy about it either.

Back