Spurs vs Chelsea #gamezero

Coopertrueblue

Official Ticketer
Sky is going to be unbearable today around this.

Pushing this as the 1st net zero carbon football match.

Load of bollocks, even interviews with players around it.

More woke virtual signaling.I pay a subscription to watch football not some bullshit about how Sky are saving the planet and how i should be grateful for them doing it
Why don’t they just stick to sport and piss off with this crap

I think the main factor about this game is to commemorate the life of a remarkable striker Jimmy Greaves but no doubt Sky will try and get their own agenda in about carbon neutral stuff whatever that means

Genuine question, but what are sky doing to offset the carbon footprint from to-days game? Particularly with such a big crowd.
Are the sky trucks with all the electronic equipment now electrical?
Have they agreed to plant a tree for every fan who attends ?
Do the commentators and pundits for to-days coverage travel by public transport?

Net zero as all the players drive home to their mansions in their supercars worth more than the average house…

Aye nae bother….The day Harry Kane drives a Nissan Leaf to a game is the day I take notice.
Aye, and when footballer's start holidaying in Great Yarmouth, getting there by train, we'll take notice.

Most folk want to watch football to forget about the problems in the world for a little bit, not to get a lecture.
It’s not a lecture - it’s a positive campaign trying to make a difference. No one is lecturing.

But hey, folk just want to bury their head in the sand and pretend there’s no issue needing resolved.

I’m a petrolhead and can’t pretend to be that environmentally conscious in my efforts.

But it’s embarrassing and cringeworthy how many people here seem to think this is all fake or something.

They literally have to take what they think is the default ‘right wing’ view on every topic.

The idea is fine. The campaign is fine.

The problem is that it's a wonky term being used for PR by everyone.

When Qatar is promising a "Net Zero Carbon World Cup" it makes you think the term is simply another PR stalling tactic to avoid actually doing anything.

"I pay my money to watch the match" well shut the %^*& up and watch it then, its not like it makes a single bit of difference to the actual game. Go watch GB News until KO.

It’s not a lecture - it’s a positive campaign trying to make a difference. No one is lecturing.

But hey, folk just want to bury their head in the sand and pretend there’s no issue needing resolved.

The real issue is over population. The planet can't survive with 9 billion humans using up natural resources and polluting everything.

Before anyone asks Im not suggesting killing people off though the Wuhan Flu might have been designed to do just that.

The idea is fine. The campaign is fine.

The problem is that it's a wonky term being used for PR by everyone.

When Qatar is promising a "Net Zero Carbon World Cup" it makes you think the term is simply another PR stalling tactic to avoid actually doing anything.
To be fair, by killing so many Indian slaves during construction, they're reducing the amount of mouths to feed in world every day.

The real issue is over population. The planet can't survive with 9 billion humans using up natural resources and polluting everything.

Before anyone asks Im not suggesting killing people off though the Wuhan Flu might have been designed to do just that.
I think the answer to the growing population is more solo masturbation in a controlled environment which would result in less pregnancies

It doesnt belong at a football game. As the other poster said, it's to get away from every day problems for a wee while.

Back