Squad depth

Scottinho

Now we are on our way. And last day of the transfer window. What's the general concensus about our squad depth to cope with the demands of the fixtures.
Presuming we and the 2/3 expected announcements today should that be enough.
absouletly bursting with pride today
WATP RTID

Getting there...we have decent cover now for goalie, defence, full back and a few midfielders, albeit they're all very samey. We're light up front but even there we've improved with Laff and Albanian chap.

We need as every team does some luck with injury’s. Squad is looking good. So glad we replaced Murphy as that was a real concern but all in all we have more than enough.

I think we're pretty close. We still have Coulibaly, Rossiter and Dorrans to come back. Joe Worrall looks to be signed, as does Grezda. And of course Borna was cup tied last night but will now be available for all of our remaining matches. If we do sign Solanke (not a certainty) we are looking pretty good IMO.

I think we could do with another CM, is the likes of Jack get injured again we would be short.

Still think we could have done with another midfielder, even if we hopefully get Coulibaly back fit shortly. Someone with a bit of creativity would have been ideal. Would have liked another forward as well if i was to be greedy, someone that can play anywhere across the front 3 and get us 10-15 goals.

If we get the 2 signings over the line i think we are still short 1 x AM and another CB apart from that we are in a very good place with the squad.

Hopefully Lass C is back soon...I'm ruling out Rossiter, Dorrans adnd Murphy.

I'd have liked a creative mid but as a pal said last night we HAD to start solid from the back...

Getting there...we have decent cover now for goalie, defence, full back and a few midfielders, albeit they're all very samey. We're light up front but even there we've improved with Laff and Albanian chap.

Not really, when Coulibally comes back in, he'll add a bit of grit to the midfield.

From the squad that was available yesterday we can add Barisic, Worrall, Coulibaly, Rossitor, Dorrans, Grezda, & hopefully Wallace & Sadiq get more match sharp. We've space for 1 or 2 others but we are looking decent I'd say.

Gerrard has spokken about wanting 2 players for each position. I think we have that now.

McGregor, Foderingham
Tavernier, Flanagan
Katic, Worrall
Goldson, Bradley
Barisic, Wallace
Jack, McCrorie
Coulibaly, Halliday
Arfield, Ejaria
Candeais, Grezda
Kent, Middleton
Morelos, Lafferty

Also Sadiq, Dorrans, Rossiter.

Gerrard has spokken about wanting 2 players for each position. I think we have that now.

McGregor, Foderingham
Tavernier, Flanagan
Katic, Worrall
Goldson, Bradley
Barisic, Wallace
Jack, McCrorie
Coulibaly, Halliday
Arfield, Ejaria
Candeais, Grezda
Kent, Middleton
Morelos, Lafferty

Also Sadiq, Dorrans, Rossiter.

I honestly don't think the lad Bradley is ready for the first team yet. He looked a bag of nerves in preseason against Wigan.

Now that it looks like we've got Joe Worrall on board, i'd actually still quite like someone of the likes of Gareth McAuley in as well to add to that as further defensive backup. With the amount of games we have coming up, It's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that we may have two centre halves out at the same time due to injury and/or suspension and therefore i'd feel a lot more comfortable going into the season with two backup central defenders, rather than just the one that it looks like we have at the moment.

If we get the CB and winger then we can't complain. Would love Davis to come in for a loan with a view to a permanent move. I suspect we will pick up more red cards as we get closer to the title!

I think we need another central midfielder due to the ongoing issues with Dorrans and Rossiter.

I would also love another striker if I was being greedy.

Back