Squad turnover

We should keep Butland, Sterling, Ridvan and Diomande.

We should try and get Cortes and Sima back. Danilo won't go anywhere after that injury.

Beyond that, there's nobody you would be sad to see go. There are plenty you'd be delighted to see go, if anything. I've been positive about Raskin in other threads because I think he could be a good player for Clement, but I know we can do better.

The team needs absolutely gutted. All the players that are out of contract need moved on then you have Lammers, Hagi, Davies, Lawrence, Cantwell, Dowell, Goldson and Matondo who we should be actively trying to sell.

You then have the likes of Tav, Raskin, Dessers and Ridvan where we would need to seriously consider any offers.

We need to bring in young athletic players with pace and strength

The team needs absolutely gutted. All the players that are out of contract need moved on then you have Lammers, Hagi, Davies, Lawrence, Cantwell, Dowell, Goldson and Matondo who we should be actively trying to sell.

You then have the likes of Tav, Raskin, Dessers and Ridvan where we would need to seriously consider any offers.

Christ our squad has so much shite in it. You've not even named them all there.

I don’t buy into the fact that draining the swamp can ruin a season.

Celtic absolutely gutted their squad after failing to win the 10 and won the title.

We need to utterly gut the place from the losers and dross. It’s long overdue otherwise we’ll continue to be second best. There has to be a full blown mentality change at this club and from certain sections of the fans who are happy with just the odd cup win.

Some people blaming why this season was lost, on Beale?

In my mind, Beale was given the keys to the city, and was allowed to blow major wads, on inadequate players, that could haunt us for seasons yet!
Think you'll find it was others that facilitated this.

This time last year.
Talk was.
"Big rebuild now for Beale, and it's going to be a big summer for recruitment".

Now. One year on.
We are no further forward.

Will history repeat itself this summer?
And will Clement be allowed to do the same?
BIG summer for this board.
tbc

Some people blaming why this season was lost, on Beale?

In my mind, Beale was given the keys to the city, and was allowed to blow major wads, on inadequate players, that could haunt us for seasons yet!
Think you'll find it was others that facilitated this.

This time last year.
Talk was.
"Big rebuild now for Beale, and it's going to be a big summer for recruitment".

Now. One year on.
We are no further forward.

Will history repeat itself this summer?
And will Clement be allowed to do the same?
BIG summer for this board.
tbc
the cycle is utterly tedious. We roll the dice on the manager and who he brings in.

The only roll that worked was Gerrard. Obviously jury out on Clement, but it's depressing how we are setup from the board down.

the cycle is utterly tedious. We roll the dice on the manager and who he brings in.

The only roll that worked was Gerrard. Obviously jury out on Clement, but it's depressing how we are setup from the board down.
Agreed.
After waiting on Gerrard to finally win the league, which we did, the board then didn't back him the way he wanted, or deserved in my opinion.
Then Gio takes us to a hair's breath away from a European win, and wins a Scottish Cup, and they they do the exact same to him, and chase him out the door, in despicable manner.
Beale an absolute novice as manager gets back to the hilt, and proceeds to fkuc it up quite royally,
Go figure!

This board need to take a long hard look at their own performances over the last few seasons, instead of applauding themselves, and patting themselves on the back, for past glories.

I think it will between 12 and 15 out the door and similar numbers in.

Huge summer. Big injection of energy, power and speed required obviously along with high quality technical ability. Hopefully see players between 18 to 24 making up the majority of those signings.

How many can we replace in one go without it ruining next season?

giphy.gif

Minus Butland and Sterling

We have to be utterly ruthless in the summer.

Keep Butland and Sterling.

Get Sima and Cortes back on loans.

Is Diomande worth the £4 million outlay ?

Every other position needs addressed and strengthened with quality.

The problem is what funds do we have and how much can we realistically do in one window.

My biggest concern is seeing many of these serial losers back for pre season we all know many will sit tight on there contracts.

Other than Butland, Sterling and Macausland I would not be fussed. I would add in Yilmaz who i think has bedded in now but a few injuries. Cortes looked good but was a short stint so not sure. Sima most probably out of the question financially. Diomande I think is decent but pricey at 4.5M. Tav, Goldson and the rest of the old guard I would thank you for their services but they need to go. We need a fresh start.
We have a rot in our squad. Like any rot you can try and treat it but to rectify it you need to replace. No other option.

We need a complete overhaul & although i’d be pleased to see the back of most of them the possible euro qualifying games would be an issue with a complete new team.

I think it will between 12 and 15 out the door and similar numbers in.

Huge summer. Big injection of energy, power and speed required obviously along with high quality technical ability. Hopefully see players between 18 to 24 making up the majority of those signings.
12 -15?
Seriously?
Curious who are the 12-15?
If it was up to Clement right now he would be more than likely be offering Lunny a new contract!!!
"Meet new boss. Same as the old boss"

This will be the biggest squad overhaul we've ever seen, make no mistake. Once Clement has had 3 transfer windows to work with, only then can we judge him.
No it won't. Unless anyone wants to buy any of our players we will be replacing the ones out of contract. That's it

Ridvan has missed as many games as roofe through injury (from the day Yilmaz signed) up until now. We cannot afford to rely on someone so unreliable.

As much as I hate looking across the city, Celtic had a complete overhaul 3 years ago, where they rebuilt the spine of their side while getting rid of lots of previously influential players, and every success they have had since has been built on that.

We need something similar.

Celtic absolutely gutted their squad after failing to win the 10 and won the title.

We need to utterly gut the place from the losers and dross. It’s long overdue otherwise we’ll continue to be second best. There has to be a full blown mentality change at this club and from certain sections of the fans who are happy with just the odd cup win.
We've done it with Souness, Advocaat and Warburton. It worked fine

If Koppen can get VFM, it can be done again

I understand fully why we all have questions about Dessers, and I do too, but put him on penalties and he would be close to 35 goals this season. Can we really let a striker that could score 30 a season go? Could we afford someone better than that?

For those that love a comparison to Alfie, I think Dessers has put more balls in the net in one season verses Celtic than Alfie did in 4! A dilemma indeed.

Keep Butland, Diomande, Sterling, Sima and Yilmaz

The rest can go.
Keep these 5, expunge the rest, sign 5/6 absolute young ballers with potential for selling on with the freed up funds, use the youths as back up and subs.

Repeat season after once 2 are sold for money

Can't be any worse than what we've been witnessing for nearly 10 years. I'm sick of seeing us need a squad full of 'professional footballers' like Scott wright, Jordan Jones, Brandon barker and the like.

We could easily see the following leave:

Butland
McCrorie
Tav
Goldson
Davies
Barisic
King
Lundstram
Wright
Sima
Lammera
Matondo
Silva
Jack
Roofe
Cantwell
Balogun
Lawrence
Dowell
Lowry

12 -15?
Seriously?
Curious who are the 12-15?
If it was up to Clement right now he would be more than likely be offering Lunny a new contract!!!
"Meet new boss. Same as the old boss"
There's a number of guys out of contract. That accounts for a good chunk. Then you've got players like McCrorie who was reported to be wanting first team football, Wright who has been on his way several times, Lawrence and Dowell who have struggled to get back up to speed and stay fit, plus the loan players like Silva and Sima. The latter being an interesting one depending on price tag.

Having that volume of players move on and bringing similar amount in is big undertaking. We don't know what our Lundstram offer was. It could have been on reduced wages. Doesn't matter now based on reports anyway.

Exactly. What’s the point in half arseing it and keeping some players to keep some continuity, when that continuity is winning %^*& all?

Get rid of as many of the old guard as possible. Replace them with proper ball players who are hungry, physical and athletic. Not shitebags that take two or three touches, make meek passes, don’t get in the oppositions faces or hound teams. Time for a new Dawn.

Who is going to buy Davies, Lawrence, Dowell, Goldson and Matondo given the money they are on.

That’s my worry

At this rate the only ones I'd see us keeping are Butland, Ridvan, Souttar, Sterling, Diomande, Cortes, Danilo and Sima if the price was right.

I doubt it will be possible to shift them all. But there are 23 I would happily move on from: McLaughlin, Tav, Barisic, Goldson, Souttar, Davies, Balogun, King, Jack, Lawrence, Lundstram, Dowell, Raskin, Hagi, Cifuentes, Lowry, Wright, Dessers, Silva, Lammers, Matondo, Mccausland and Roofe.

It’s frightening how injury prone, slow and lacking in athleticism (to say nothing of talent) this squad is.

At this rate the only ones I'd see us keeping are Butland, Ridvan, Souttar, Sterling, Diomande, Cortes, Danilo and Sima if the price was right.
Other than Souttar, that’s pretty much where I am. I have no idea why Souttar should be kept. He is every bit as bad, if not worse, than the other centre halves.

I might keep Cantwell too in the hope that if enough gets fixed around him we get the Cantwell from the second half of last season and in flashes this season.

Other than Souttar, that’s pretty much where I am. I have no idea why Souttar should be kept. He is every bit as bad, if not worse, than the other centre halves.

I might keep Cantwell too in the hope that if enough gets fixed around him we get the Cantwell from the second half of last season and in flashes this season.
Felt like I had to pick a CB to be a squad player.

There's a number of guys out of contract. That accounts for a good chunk. Then you've got players like McCrorie who was reported to be wanting first team football, Wright who has been on his way several times, Lawrence and Dowell who have struggled to get back up to speed and stay fit, plus the loan players like Silva and Sima. The latter being an interesting one depending on price tag.

Having that volume of players move on and bringing similar amount in is big undertaking. We don't know what our Lundstram offer was. It could have been on reduced wages. Doesn't matter now based on reports anyway.
We'll see.
My point being mainly.
Is this not the major rhetoric we have been hearing at the end of each season.
For the last 2 or 3?
"Big squad over all" "massive rebuild in the summer" "just as many coming in, as leaving" etc...
Same mantra we keep hearing. Over and over, which never pans out?
tbc

Back