ST Holders Voucher Update

Absolutely, but without doubt for anyone with sense offers a sobering opportunity to reevaluate the relationship between valued supporter and financial commodity.

We’ve always been ‘financial commodities’ to those in the Boardroom mate. I wouldn’t even say it’s a recent thing.

We’ve always been ‘financial commodities’ to those in the Boardroom mate.

Yeah. That’s the truth of it. Would be good of more folk understood that when they started lambasting people for not being staunch enough by not giving money over blindly just because “our club needs us, etc”.

So a sh1t offer, that you have to jump hurdles to get, then absolutely nothing to spend it on.

Even Minty treated us "customers" better than that.

Which players should be sold or not bought to refund fans for games cancelled ?

None.

This isn't a cash amount so the cost to the club isn't £25 x 46,000 given that they've restricted the things you can spend it on to things that may not necessarily have bought.

Infact the issuing of it might actually have a positive impact on finances as many might use it to buy MyGers when they otherwise wouldn't have, which will result in £25 cash being paid into the club.

Yeah. That’s the truth of it. Would be good of more folk understood that when they started lambasting people for not being staunch enough by not giving money over blindly just because “our club needs us, etc”.

That's maybe where we diverge a bit. I wouldn’t be doing any lambasting but I do recognise that, ultimately, it’s only the fans and their money that will restore our Club to where it should be. In that sense I’m all for the a Club doing virtually anything they can to maximise income.

In my time of watching Rangers the only time I ever genuinely felt they gave anything back was under Willie Waddell in the aftermath of the Ibrox Disaster game. I lost a cousin and I know the family are eternally grateful for the comfort and assistance they received from the Club and it’s players at that time. An obvious exception for the rule and rightly so.

I know where I stand in my relationship with the Club. I give them money and they bring me joy (soon please:))). I can live with that.

That's maybe where we diverge a bit. I wouldn’t be doing any lambasting but I do recognise that, ultimately, it’s only the fans and their money that will restore our Club to where it should be. In that sense I’m all for the a Club doing virtually anything they can to maximise income.

In my time of watching Rangers the only time I ever genuinely felt they gave anything back was under Willie Waddell in the aftermath of the Ibrox Disaster game. I lost a cousin and I know the family are eternally grateful for the comfort and assistance they received from the Club and it’s players at that time. An obvious exception for the rule and rightly so.

I know where I stand in my relationship with the Club. I give them money and they bring me joy (soon please:)). I can live with that.

I would certainly say I now have a different perspective over recent months on my relationship with the club.

I give them money... errr...:))

None.

This isn't a cash amount so the cost to the club isn't £25 x 46,000 given that they've restricted the things you can spend it on to things that may not necessarily have bought.

Infact the issuing of it might actually have a positive impact on finances as many might use it to buy MyGers when they otherwise wouldn't have, which will result in £25 cash being paid into the club.

ah a magic money tree...

Actually disgusted they are making it as difficult as possible to claim a £25 voucher they promised! Might just ask for a full refund of the matches missed last season if they are getting on like dicks about a £25 voucher! How hard is it to put an option in your account, do you wish to claim the voucher or not and then credit it if the answer is yes? I am making sacrifices to renew my ST as are others and they are begrudgingly making it difficult to claim a £25 voucher! Email them, the club can barely reply to emails regarding renewals never mind waiting for them to process this when there is a simple way to do it!

The clubs revenue is taking a massive hit due to Covid - and you want them to take a bigger hit.

Not for me

I don't. I'm in the fortunate position that I don't want or need a refund but I will use the voucher towards MyGers which I wasn't going to bother with. So the club will be £25 up, not down.

None.

I’m sure any accountants can confirm but, as I understand it, if they issued vouchers valid until December it would need to show in the accounts as a potential £1m+ liability from now until the vouchers expired. That may, or may not, be significant in terms of our accounts. Only the Board will know.

I’m sure any accountants can confirm but, as I understand it, if they issued vouchers valid until December it would need to show in the accounts as a potential £1m+ liability from now until the vouchers expired. That may, or may not, be significant in terms of our accounts. Only the Board will know.

I get what you're saying but as we're not publicly listed and our lending sources are supporter benefactors, I don't see how that would really have any significant impact on us?

Im not sure that would actually be true. This isn’t a cost to the club, it’s a potential discount on goods or services not yet sold.

It’s no more a liability than assuming all ST holders would use it to purchase half-price MyGers memberships is a positive projection that is unfulfilled yet.

Do we think the players will have to send an email to apply for their deferred wages to be paid back? ;)

They have an Agent to deal with that sort of mundane stuff.;):)

I will betcha they don't get it in a lump sum though. It will be over the tax year in order to stretch the payments.

So being of Vintage Years it’s a waste of Fn Space, and Another donation too playing staff that don’t give a **** for the support by receiving FULL WAGES DELAYED? Without taking a reduction with THERE down tools since January!

Instead of a voucher they should just have given last year's ST holder a half price Mygers membership still be putting funds into the club doing this.

If everyone took it's over a million quid out of our budget.

Is it loyal to take it or loyal to refuse ?

I'm taking it and putting it towards My Gers to see if it is worthwhile. I generally only go to home games these days so no real benefit to me of being in My Gers apart from donating money to the club for nothing.

If it turns out that it is worthwhile then I will be subscribing every year do the club makes a fortune in the long run

Some people don't want to claim the voucher mate.
That's not the point
Genuinely feel that not enough has been done in terms of senior management and players taking a wage cut
Not just deferrals of very high wages
It's all a bit sickening that staff on humungous wages don't really suffer but fans have to keep paying even though we won't get to see games
I'm really having 2nd thoughts about renewing ST
Huge decision as a lifelong fan but I'm sickened by everything that's happened with club ultimately not legally challenging the corrupt cabal

That's not the point
Genuinely feel that not enough has been done in terms of senior management and players taking a wage cut
Not just deferrals of very high wages
It's all a bit sickening that staff on humungous wages don't really suffer but fans have to keep paying even though we won't get to see games
I'm really having 2nd thoughts about renewing ST
Huge decision as a lifelong fan but I'm sickened by everything that's happened with club ultimately not legally challenging the corrupt cabal
It’s sickening tbh.

Even a 10% pay cut would have been appreciated by the supporters.

It’s sickening tbh.

Even a 10% pay cut would have been appreciated by the supporters.
When the Voucher was announced was the plan not to send one out to every ST holder that renewed and that you would be able to spend on Club Merchandise.

Now after signing up to mygers at start to help club you now need to e mail for a voucher expiring end of December that you probably won't be able to spend on anything.

if they had sent out the voucher or was attached to account as credit i would have put it straight back in, i wont be applying for it.

In difficult times a business has to rely on customer goodwill. Every summer when it comes round to renewing our Season Tickets we get a message from Dave King or Stevie G or whoever thanking us for our loyalty.

I think this time around the board really have got the tone all wrong. MyGers is a complicated scheme at a time when a simple approach might have been preferable. £25 "refund" that is not automatic but you have to ask for. Pay in advance for a full season ticket to get nothing like a full number of games but you get "complimentary" tv.

Every day that passes this is getting a harder sell for me personally. I have lived and breathed every moment of "the journey" since the dark days on the basis that we have had great days before and we will have great days again and that is my definition of loyalty.

I hope something positive happens in the next couple of weeks to lift me out of this strong feeling of negativity that I never thought I would experience.

Apparently the ticket office haven't replied to emails sent weeks ago, how they going to handle this extra volume of emails?

There is simply no excuse for the club not issuing every person with this bloody 25 quid fob off.

Also......those that do not take it.......give the rest of the money to the Rangers charity foundation.

Taking the fckn piss is what they are doing here. It's the principle now rather than the gesture of the 25 quid.

disagree. £25 each for the entire season ticket base is over £1 million. That could be the difference between getting an important new player in or not. Would I pay £25 to improve Rangers chances of winning the league, absolutely!

I understand that these times have resulted in unforeseen financial pressure on a lot of our support and nobody should be embarrassed to take it if they want, or not to renew, but if you can spare it you should.

It's actually unbelievable the club have chose this method
It’s not.

The club aren’t stupid. They know people don’t have the time to haggle with the ticket office over a voucher.

The club are desperate to keep as much money as possible.

Apparently the ticket office haven't replied to emails sent weeks ago, how they going to handle this extra volume of emails?
They won’t.

Almost feel tempted to take them up on their refund/voucher due to the language used by them. Attempting to guilt trip us in to not taking it. Pathetic.

Back