St Johnstone that bad?

i fancy st johnstone to take something on sunday. ross county are a better team than the league shows, unlucky to loose a late goal for a draw on sat, had them on my coupon tonight 2/1,
the good thing is on sunday its two teams fighting for thier lifes, i hope the home team comes out on top.

Scoring goals is St Johnstone’s problem.
One is all that is needed, their main striker Kane is back after isolating and O’Halloran/Middleton could trouble them on the break and we all know how poorly they defend set pieces and corner kicks. Get those big boys in the box! ;-)

Celtic aren’t beating teams with some to spare. They should still win but St Johnstone score at least one they have a chance of taking something.

Their defence isn't the worst by far but they have so little threat up top. Two goals scored away from home in the league this season is dire.

Ross County are a strange team, they can look devastating on the counter attack away from home.

Feel a bit for wee Davidson kind of had his team taken apart and undersold their captain and best player in the summer after winning two cups.

I don’t think the bheasts will hammer them but they’ll win the game. St johnstone just cannot score goals and I would say at the moment are a stick on for relegation. It’s between them and Dundee as Ross county look like they are picking up now.

Before our game with them recently the Heart and Hand guys stated that St Johnstone had the 3rd best defensive record in the country, despite being bottom of the league, which really surprised me given where they are. But they've had no thrashings this season that I can think of. Their problem is they seem to struggle to get goals. Here's hoping they get a break on Sunday!

Given how p*sh the bheggars are I wouldn't be surprised. Starting to unravel now, not that I'm surprised, they've been riding their luck for weeks and their running on empty.

Never thought the kids of st Mirren would do anything so no reason why st Johnstone can't!

St Johnstone have problems scoring goals but Scott Bain will be in goals for Celtic.

The message will surely be shoot on sight.

I'm sure they were bottom of the league this time last year too. No idea how they managed to turn it around and finish with 2 cups.

Their fortunes have got to turn soon and some chances start to become goals. Hopefully that begins with Boxing Day!

If we could work out scores on football forums what’s the actual point of playing the game,It’s just the sort of game St Johnstone could go against all odds take 3 points and turn their season around,

Don’t concede too many goals but don’t score to many either. Tramps struggled by them with their full strength team (Kyogo and Jota played) in the semi final with only 3 shots on target.

I thought St Johnstone actually gave us a few problems last week at Ibrox. They were difficult to break down and generally defended well.

As another poster has said above. Would be interesting if St Johnstone got the first goal.

Beaten at home to Ross County tonight, are they as bad to expect taking points off them on Sunday or am I just clutching at straws here? Personally can't see it, but in no way did I expect St Mirren to take something tonight. Would absolutely be superb but if we get our 3 points on Sunday and they drop again.
They're shite. The fact that the scum got them in the league Cup Semi final effectively gave them a bye to the final.

StM were on a 10 game no win run.

StJ are due a turnaround.

Another draw please.
St Mirren hadn’t won in 10? Wow

For those giving Celtic the points now, whilst it is the most likely outcome, 2 points.1 - were you saying the arame thing before the At Mirren game? 2 - when Livi were struggling and bottom, they took all 3 points off Celtic.

I fancy them to take something, they are capable of putting in an organised defensive display and that lot always concede chances

Defensively they are by far not the worst in the league.

They are horrific going forward though.

One goal would be enough for the sh1tebags.

Go back to season 2019/20 when they cancelled the league .They were one of the most vocal clubs to call for it to end as they were in freefall losing about 8 games in a row and just above the relegation fight.
They were right in trouble and probably got saved by the cheating that took place to award celtic the league. I would like to see them suffer this year as they really sucked into liewell that season. How they won 2 cups last year tells how bad football is in this place. Having said that I wish them all the best on Sunday and hope they beat them to give us a very unexpected but welcome end of year bonusB-D:oops:

It's possible as St Johnstone will try to park the bus as St Mirren did (but may have won after being denied another stonewall penalty) but I wouldn't bank on it. The best was can probably hope for is another slog that pings a few more hamstrings.

If St Johnstone watch last night’s game they will see that Celtic are there for the taking. If they catch them on the break the Celtic defence sits so high up the pitch it is non existent. If they drop points again the great unwashed will have nothing left to do but storm the Piggery again.

They're the worst team in the league this season.

If Celtic drop points there, this thing is over.
Especially if we smash St Mirren and go a few ahead on the goal difference. That’s their main crumb of hope at the moment.

Back