St Mirren away - 1 stand now

Why does Ibrox not get used, 7 minutes from Ibrox to the airport

I imagine it’s to do with stadium size and projected attendance a couple of thousand in a 10k stadium can be carried off better rather than a 50k stadium.

Plus wear and tear on the pitch, we don’t often even let our own academy or women’s team play on it.

is that legit?
when it came up on twitter i assumed it was a pisstake

aspiring to be tinpot
Appears to be, yeah.

Their fans might cover 1/2 games but there’s no way they’re covering the 1800 x £30, 3 times a season

That decision will get reversed soon enough

That's incredible. They hardly turn up themselves and now the few of them who do are asked to pay £30 extra :oops:
It’s actually beyond comprehension. Why would a business forego a guaranteed £162k a season to then get the begging bowl out to their fans to cover the shortfall

That’s another first team player a season that could potentially help them get into the top 6, pushing for European football

As said, no way that decision doesn’t get reversed after 2/3 home games against us and Celtic. Doesn’t make any business sense

It’s actually beyond comprehension. Why would a business forego a guaranteed £162k a season to then get the begging bowl out to their fans to cover the shortfall

That’s another first team player a season that could potentially help them get into the top 6, pushing for European football

As said, no way that decision doesn’t get reversed after 2/3 home games against us and Celtic. Doesn’t make any business sense
To be honest hopefully they don't get the chance to reverse the decision and go down this season never to be seen again.

You can guarantee that the vast majority of the initial respondents who said they would fund it will be nowhere near paying anything over and above their current ticket price. It's not going to happen, and their board will be forced to call them out sooner or later.

Wait is that per game? I thought it was per season
It’ll be per game yeah, so £90 over the season

I believe they’re selling tickets to non ST holders for £32 so I think away tickets will be £32 as well

To be honest hopefully they don't get the chance to reverse the decision and go down this season never to be seen again.
I would say hopefully so but I’d be lying

Would love killie to go down more

Did the club not make the decision at their fan’s request? So they’ll maybe feel like the fans owe them? Either way it is never going to work in a million years.

It’ll be per game yeah, so £90 over the season

I believe they’re selling tickets to non ST holders for £32 so I think away tickets will be £32 as well
It's not per game.

It's all a load of shite anyway. They've just done it to get their bitter fans off their case about it. When they give us back our usual allocation they will just say you offered to stump up extra but didn't put your hands in your pocket so deal with it.

Haha what did their fans expect. They'll lose money so someone needs to pay it. How many folk who were asked originally will now actually pay?

It's not per game.

It's all a load of shite anyway. They've just done it to get their bitter fans off their case about it. When they give us back our usual allocation they will just say you offered to stump up extra but didn't put your hands in your pocket so deal with it.
Is it not? Stand corrected

Wonder where they’re making up the £60 shortfall

You can guarantee that the vast majority of the initial respondents who said they would fund it will be nowhere near paying anything over and above their current ticket price. It's not going to happen, and their board will be forced to call them out sooner or later.
Exactly, how can a board be so naive! If you are going to be that twisted, at least get the fans to commit up front before you announce this daft plan, imagine having to come back to us with your tail between your legs offering the additional seats back. Good enough for the small minded muppets!

Exactly, how can a board be so naive! If you are going to be that twisted, at least get the fans to commit up front before you announce this daft plan, imagine having to come back to us with your tail between your legs offering the additional seats back. Good enough for the small minded muppets!
Why not just add it to their STs if they were serious

I would say hopefully so but I’d be lying

Would love killie to go down more
Not wanting to derail the thread but I would ‘luv it!’ If Motherwell went down! Prob because I’m close to there and know a lot of wan*er well fans who would probably head for the Garrion Bridge if they went down!

Scottish football for you though isn't it?

I assume that when the proposal was first made by their Supporters Trust they gave assurances to the Board that fans would be happy to pay extra for us and them not to get 2 stands. Now St Mirren are putting the ball firmly in their court and asking them to pay up.

No way does this continue into next season

Never sell out, we buy tickets, (no colours obviously), they will then have to pay for police/security lose even more cash.

Game is a shambles in Scotland

From what I’ve seen St Mirren fans are seeing this as some sort of moral victory, it’s absolutely mental!

A backwards country with a backwards football league. Actively turning away paying customers to leave stands empty purely out of spite, there can’t be many - if any - other places this happens?

All it does is bring down our game even more. Can’t complain about Sky paying buttons when they are being made to screen games in front of empty stands

From what I’ve seen St Mirren fans are seeing this as some sort of moral victory, it’s absolutely mental!

A backwards country with a backwards football league. Actively turning away paying customers to leave stands empty purely out of spite, there can’t be many - if any - other places this happens?

All it does is bring down our game even more. Can’t complain about Sky paying buttons when they are being made to screen games in front of empty stands
wait till they are down a division

When do these clubs bother about business sense? Scottish football has been hating itself to death for years. This is just the latest installment.

Back