Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

Would swap Sterling and Cantwell around in that lineup. Or Sterling LB and Raskin into MF. Not keen on Barasic at all.

Balogun was always starting but TBH I thought Souttar would've dropped out especially after his brain farts in the second half last week so to continue to "rest" Goldson is a huge call from Clement.

Beginning to think he really is going this summer.

GMPpaRyWMAAFabo
St Mirren coming out and saying they are going to target our right hand side (Tav) however looking at that team it’s the left that gives me the fear.

Has the gaffer actually confirmed he's still resting Goldson or are we all jumping to conclusions here?

Balogun was always starting but TBH I thought Souttar would've dropped out especially after his brain farts in the second half last week so to continue to "rest" Goldson is a huge call from Clement.

Beginning to think he really is going this summer.
Yep.

I'd say being "rested" for a semi final and again being "rested" for a must win game during the last few games of the season is the writing on the wall.

And it's the right decision to move him on in the summer. The whole back line needs a re-vamp for next season.

Intensity has to be present from the first whistle fancy another few for dessers today

Hopefully Barisic wants to end his Rangers career with his head held high rather than it just petering out, i'd be really tempted to stick a big white bandage on his head to see if we can re-ignite his fire.
We need him to be at his best as it allows us to use Sterling in midfield or RW, also gives us much needed balance.

Hate Silva on the left. Always look far better with pace & directness either side of the front 3.

However we are totally hamstrung with injuries so not much choice unfortunately

Goldson dropped again and Dujon out wide right. I’m more and more convinced by the day that Big Phil has been reading FF!

As the old saying goes there's no smoke without fire mate. People say what they say for a reason. So many people saying it can't be a coincidence
It's just the professional managers and players who can't see it ,obviously not as clued up as some idiot's and beasts on here

Silva probably has a contract clause that he has to play.
Why does everyone say this like it’s a thing for every loan? Yes Liverpool have put clauses in some loan agreements that if they don’t play a certain amount of games then a fee is needed to be paid, if they do play then you get the loan at a much cheaper rate. But this isn’t normal and I’m sure most clubs will have budgeted to pay the full amount and if they get the lesser then it’s a bonus. There is no clause he “has to play”. If there was such a clause then why didn’t he start the Dumbarton game? It would been an easy one to put him in if he needs to start a certain amount of games.

Last edited:
Back