Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

Another half time rocket required, should not be required but it is always needed.
It won't be a half time rocket ehen we go to Parkhead. It'll be damage limitation. We are shit and painful to watch. A summer rebuild with no guarantee of CL. Bargain bin rebuild. Oh dear.

we should be at least 3-1 down. St mirren bossed that and i fully expect we will chuck it 2nd half and st mirren go on to win now.

This Rangers team do not care one bit.

I’m just shocked at the level of performance, not the result. We look terrible. Watching that first half I know the outcome of this game and it’s not nice.

I don’t think he can be blamed for players constantly turning back and playing safe too often it’s what’s in the majority of this squad’s mentality.
He can be accused of having a plan A and nothing else. He’s playing a RB at RW and a “striker” at LW rather than change formation

We need to show more urgency and start to get some rhythm into our play. I’m not going to bang on about the defence, we know what needs done in the summer.
We still have 45 mins to get the next goal, they will tire as they have been running about like mad men.
Let’s go Rangers.

We are predictable
Every manager knows that Clement has one plan and they set up to counter it with a back 3/5 and it works every time. He has no plan B.
Let’s sack him then. Or we can consider the squad available and recognise that he has very limited options and he’s doing the best he can with the hand he’s been dealt

We last scored from open play in the league against them at Ibrox. We’re now on our 3rd league game at half time and we’re yet to score from open play. Why are we not coming out like they did? Taking control of the game and pressing them into making mistakes?

Every game we all live in hope that it will be better than the previous one AND every game is just as bad if not worse. Those players are sucking the life out of me, thank god for Butland.

Another honking 45 mins - not sure about everyone else but watching us is painful - we have no patterns of play / no style and no rhythm we are relying on set plays

This will be another game that will weakly fall by the wayside.

Clement better highlight the dirty tactics of both Dundee and this mob deliberately playing with deflated balls. We’ve got enough to cope with having deflated players never mind footballs. Ball boys are all scum fans as well.
You honestly think that's our biggest problem today?

Another game when the opposition want it more than we do. You can be off form which is understandable but to be second to every ball and losing your 1v1’s questions really need to be asked.

Our defence is pish. Simple floated balls have killed us all season, whether it's been back to front or deep diagonal crosses like today. Brutal viewing. Probably our best CBs on the pitch, but same dilemmas.

Cantwell has been percolating though, we feed him in the right areas he will make something happen. Sterling wasted in RW again, and Silva really poor at times.

Can’t even bring myself to get wound up at that, just so drained with this squad now.

Thank Christ there’s only 5 games left after today.

I don’t think he can be blamed for players constantly turning back and playing safe too often it’s what’s in the majority of this squad’s mentality.
Quite. We've seen some of these players play the exact same way for years. 4 different managers are not telling them to play in the exact same way; the players themselves are just reverting to type because they're mentally fragile under pressure.

100% certain we are never going to win this league, I think I'll book a holiday for me and the Mrs the weekend we play THEM.

Watching Butland for a while now and where I think he’s weak is when he has to get down low.

Shots high he looks very good, but the Motherwell winner, 2 against them at Ibrox and that today I think have all been examples of him not looking too clever.
I would cash in on him if the right offer came in, Mcrorie isnt much behind him in quality.

Back