Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

The one player who really need to keep is Butland. However I think he will leave this shit show over the summer as this defence is making him look bad.

Let’s be honest. If you were a neutral and watched Rangers for the first time and told them that they are still actually in a title race. Would you be believe that based on that first half performance? Absolutely piss poor pedestrian football. All this sh!t about every game being a cup final til the end of the season is absolute nonsense based on that first half.

We know this is how the majority of the players act under pressure.

The worrying thing is how Clement is reacting to it. That’s the last three away games we started with exactly the same setup/approach/tactics that don’t work.
This is true. I can’t understand why he keeps doing the same thing!

Yes it's grim. And the sheen will be gone from Clement into the bargain, so will have to hit the ground running.
Agreed. Finishing this season with a cup, and CL in the balance. If Clement hasn't beaten the mentally challengeds, imagine the pressure early next season. Any dropped points, or a defeat in the first OF. Wow. He can't afford to have any of these players in the trench with him, under that pressure. Not good.

You'd never be able to guess that this team were 6 games away from winning a treble.

That should be enough motivation in itself, so the fact these players don't look up for it is massively concerning and damning on those players.

Clement managed to take us up a level when he took over but it looks like we are back to Beale levels. Very disappointing end to the season coming up I imagine.

Lundstram giving up possession with a poor pass forward.
Silva not pressing the player who delivers the cross.
Balogun weak as piss with the challenge.
Butland could've done better as not a bullet header (though what a save to keep it all square there).
Collective f**k up and that's the worrying thing for me, not just one player with a mistake, but a series of errors.
Lundstram seems to have reverted to the "recycle the ball at all costs" midfielder he was before Clement arrived.
Silva just didn't shut down quick enough.
Balogun was weak.

But we've looked like conceding whenever they go forward, and we have zero outlet.

We need McAusland on. He’s the only player who carries the ball and changes the picture in front of him. He might not be amazing and carrying a knock but he is only player we have like that and in these games when the opponent is matching up to you like they are you need to change the picture so their defence are never settled.

Absolutely awful at both ends of the pitch, St Mirren have only had 22% possession and have had more shots on target than us.

You just can't see where goals are coming from against opposition who set up like St Mirren have. Dessers is just so ineffective against packed defences, Silva is just, well, shite. Sterling gives his all but he just isn't a right winger.

Dessers nearly dropped his towel hanging over the shoulder trying to block the keepers kick outs

Not disagreeing with you but we haven’t had a match since last Sunday.

I guess we can add a lack of fitness and conditioning to the very many flaws in this squad.
They just look shot. Physically, mentally they are done.

Fingers crossed we sneak a win today, keep in this league, keep it decent for the players who will stay and we will build around for next season.

Gogic has Cantwell in his pocket.
Silva doing feck all.
Defence as fragile as fvck.
It's a bad watch.
Can only hope that St Mirren fall out of it completely second half as they did in last match against the scum.

Very poor first half display, and worse is, I’m not surprised or disappointed as seen these coming for a few weeks with this squad. No leadership tu pull us into a game, no desire to win the first ball, defenders scared to get hurt in the tackle………I could go on ffs

2 and a half league games we've gone now without scoring from open play. 2 own goals and a penalty in that time.

Absolutely chronic for a team supposedly chasing a treble.
I get the disappointment but why omit the goals at Hearts game?
Is it different rules or something?

Apparently Dio would make the difference when he came back. He’s been nowhere today really.

I’m not saying that’s his fault. There’s some so wrong with how we’re set up.

He started the season brilliantly but his form has definitely dropped in recent months.

Hard to judge him properly with that shite in front of him though.
I for sure agree that his form is not what it was first half of the season, but when you have that defence in front of you, who have seemed to chuck it all at once (barring maybe Souttar) it is always an uphill task, but I can't see the fault in him for that goal, header that goes the definition of bottom corner, and in off the post

Back