Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

a shocking display
the players allegedly leaving aren't giving 100%
need to dig deep to get three points here
butland keeping us in it again

45 mins to stay in the title race. Will they raise their game? I just can’t see it, too many running down their contracts, too many disinterested, too many bang average players who don’t have the bottle.
We’re not in the title race, we’re close on points and miles behind in terms of capability to catch up.
we’re in the race to be ready to win the cup.

This squad needs emptied, of that there is no doubt.

However, that aside for a second, is anyone clear on what Clement’s preferred style of play is?

It might be due to what he’s working with but I’m struggling to see a defined approach from him.

Anyone watch his previous sides and know what it is he’s aiming for?

They players take the majority of the blame for me but we have been a mess tactically for months without any style of play apart from punting it long.

I think there's something in this.

I appreciate the squad is limited but we're simply replicating the same deficiencies game after game. Personnel are swapped but nothing new is introduced into our play.

It's unbelievable that we're fighting for a treble and our attitude and approach is so poor.

Another absolutely shocking half from this team which has reached it's final destination as a Rangers side.

Diomande & Butland can stay

Anyone else is free to leave ASAP.

We are slow on both sides of the ball and lacking quality throughout the side. Watching us now, these shit teams lick their lips at playing us and this half has shown why regardless of how it finishes.

We need a total rebuild.
I would include the manager I am struggling to see what improvement tacticly he done with this team in the six months he's been in charge
Far too one dimensional. It’s been the same approach week after week.

Yes that’s great but our midfield is being dominated AGAIN.

As I say, it’s not Dio’s fault. There’s an underlying issue with the setup.
Agree, we need to change to 433 and get control of the middle properly

I do find it strange every manager has stuck with the 4231 despite it's failure

Can’t believe people are criticising Clement at this stage. He worked wonders with them, seems like the tiniest set back kills the confidence. Ever since that Motherwell defeat we haven’t looked the same.

We don’t have many special players available that can score a goal from nothing so if the application/confidence goes down we are in trouble.

We’ve got nothing about us at the moment.

Team are a disgrace and turning in an unacceptable performance and he doesn’t change anything. This guy is more worrying by the game

Still fancy us to go on and win this, was never gonny be a walk in the park
Lol..a walk is the pace of our team. No tackles no fight no heart. Mice everywhere. Our budget is 10 times theirs but their effort is twice ours. Stats lie, I know what I'm watching after 50 years of watching the Gers. This lot have given up. They won't say that, they will say all the right things afterwards. Means shit.

Sacking another manager because of the same old squad doing the same old things sounds like a better idea to you?
I find it really weird that people have watched us since Gerrard, under every manager, doing the same things time after time and come to the conclusion it is the manager.

PC inherited a shitshow and is having to work with what he has. This is a problem that will take a number of windows to fix, not one January with a rake of loans.

We need pace Mcausland needs to come on for Silva far to pedestrian getting the ball forward,45 mins to keep the League alive.

Teams press on us and don’t give us time on the ball. They have all seen how it unsettles the midfield and defence.
We should be able to counter this with a bit more pace in passing with better movement.
There are certainly opportunities for us, St. Mirren have gone for it and risked getting caught out. Right before their goal there was a tussle in midfield where they barely held onto the ball - if it had gone our way they would have been in trouble. But of course we didn't win that battle, as happens too often. We just haven't made much of our opportunities to break at pace.

A manager can still impose a style of play on players he didn't buy.

We 100% should back him in the summer but we'd be naive to not think there's warning signs there already regarding his style of play.
Of course he can, but PC has been patching a starting 11 together for half a season.

The squad looks to have lost it now, physically and mentally. I am not sure what any manager is meant to do now tbh.

when fans mention our long term injuries etc don’t you think this team and the squad the manager has available should still have more than enough to beat the teams we have faced in the last few weeks ?
Agreed mate, but we have a lot of spoiled brats on here who expect miracles or the toys are oot the pram.
we shouldn’t needs 4-5 million players to beat 99% of the teams in this league, the squad we have now should be good enough. Each one of them should be embarrassed at the performances they have put in.
It’s nothing to do with Clement like you say the evidence is in front of our eyes that they constantly shit the bed at the business end of the season every single year bar one season.

Rangers title winning teams for 140 years were built on bastards who would square go an artic lorry and kick their own weans to win.

Talk about losing your identity.

This is as far from a Rangers team as I have seen in my lifetime.
Surely the Warburton and Pedro squads lay greater claim to that title?

Back