Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

How am I talking pish??
Do you think thats an acceptable display?
We've shat the bed for weeks now
You're talking pish because you said they don't want to win the league.

If they didn't, it would be dead easy and just accept the draw today.

Playing poorly and shitting the bed are very different things.

If you want to give up, fine, but do it quietly.

FB-IMG-1714312196062.jpg

:)):))
Booooo

Aye no bother mate. Gogic has more ability than Dessers. You win
Ok let's try it another way see if we cant reach some middle ground.

Did you think Dessers performance today was in any way shape or form acceptable?

Cards on the table I don't. I think he was woefully inept (as usual). Flat footted, cumbersome, weak, poor touch, poor passing and nowhere near enough physicality. The latter would maybe help explain why he managed to make an SPL journeyman look like Franco fcuking Baresi.

Ok let's try it another way see if we cant reach some middle ground.

Did you think Dessers performance today was in any way shape or form acceptable?

Cards on the table I don't. I think he was woefully inept (as usual). Flat footted, cumbersome, weak, poor touch, poor passing and nowhere near enough physicality. The latter would maybe help explain why he managed to make an SPL journeyman look like Franco fcuking Baresi.
Thats the thing though. I never said he had a good game. He had a terrible game, goal aside. All i said was that he has more ability than Gogic, which he does.

No amount of sarcasm can blind you to the importance of goal difference right now.
I want the points. Simple as that.

Never mind goal difference, we're back in with a chance that was far off the charts not that long ago. Something that now has people on the managers back already. Keep going like this and we'll soon have what wilder had at Middlesbrough. A squad put together by 5 different managers. In fact, we're already there.

Thats the thing though. I never said he had a good game. He had a terrible game, goal aside. All i said was that he has more ability than Gogic, which he does.
Ok let's expand on that then. In what aspect of the game is Cyriel Dessers more proficient than Alex Gogic?

Speed and agility? reading the game? Ariel prowess? Anticipation? Aggression maybe? If he is he certainly didn't show any of that for me today because the game I watched Dessers was a poor second in everything mentioned above. Ffs you're making me sound like Gogic agent here.

Ok let's expand on that then. In what aspect of the game is Cyriel Dessers more proficient than Alex Gogic?

Speed and agility? reading the game? Ariel prowess? Anticipation? Aggression maybe? If he is he certainly didn't show any of that for me today because the game I watched Dessers was a poor second in everything mentioned above. Ffs you're making me sound like Gogic agent here.
If you think Gogic is a better player than Dessers then i’ll just disagree with you and leave it at that

Let’s sack him then. Or we can consider the squad available and recognise that he has very limited options and he’s doing the best he can with the hand he’s been dealt
Who said sack him?
Is it inconceivable that a manager can change formation to suit players available to him?

What one of our last 3 managers have you had a positive thing to say about?
Last 3
Is that including Clement?

-Gerrard dragged the club from darkness and put us back on the map in Europe and won 55 but should’ve definitely won more.
-Van Bronckhorst done tremendously in EL, Outthought Postecoglu in the cup semi final but domestically we were the footballing version of sleeping tablets.
-Beale steadied the ship after van Bronckhorst and then made some baffling recruitment decisions which cost him his job.
-Clement steadied the ship from Beale, got us through in Europe, won a cup and reached another final and has us 3 points behind Celtic. But he has to have more flexibility.

Is that enough positive things? that’s 4 managers for you as well rather than the last 3.

Last 3
Is that including Clement?

-Gerrard dragged the club from darkness and put us back on the map in Europe and won 55 but should’ve definitely won more.
-Van Bronckhorst done tremendously in EL, Outthought Postecoglu in the cup semi final but domestically we were the footballing version of sleeping tablets.
-Beale steadied the ship after van Bronckhorst and then made some baffling recruitment decisions which cost him his job.
-Clement steadied the ship from Beale, got us through in Europe, won a cup and reached another final and has us 3 points behind Celtic. But he has to have more flexibility.

Is that enough positive things? that’s 4 managers for you as well rather than the last 3.
Hahaha.
Stung every one of them with your jags at the end of every sentence.

Scoring goals, which is ultimately what wins games.

9c11949b-3ad0-4844-986d-2f7ba306a4e3_text.gif

There what is?

You asked what Dessers was/is better than Gogic at, I gave you a factual answer. Tell me where I'm telling lies?
Your trying to defend the indefensible is what you're doing.

I'm in no way promoting the virtues of Alex fcuking Gogic but are you seriously trying to tell me he wouldn't have knocked that header in? Anybody would.

Your trying to defend the indefensible is what you're doing.

I'm in no way promoting the virtues of Alex fcuking Gogic but are you seriously trying to tell me he wouldn't have knocked that header in? Anybody would.
By "the indefensible" you mean a player from the team I support, in the face of one of the stupidest arguments I've read on here? Of course I am.

Evidence:

This season
Gogic: 42 appearances, 3 goals, 1 assist
Dessers: 49 appearances, 20 goals, 8 assists

On the evidence of this season, Cyriel Dessers is 6.6x better at scoring goals than Alex Gogic, and 8x better at creating goals.

@Bluethruandthru
So back to your question of "In what aspect of the game is Cyriel Dessers more proficient than Alex Gogic?"

Career stats:

Dessers: 328 games/17974 mins, 130 goals, 48 assists - goal every 138 minutes, assist every 374 mins

Gogic: 238 games/18593 mins/, 9 goals, 5 assists - goal every 2065 minutes, assist every 3723 mins

2065/138= 14.96.
Dessers is around 15x better across his whole career at scoring goals than Gogic.

rpx_syria-mic-drop.gif

Back