Stadium Naming Rights

Naming Rights

• For

Votes: 635 66.8%
  • Against

Votes: 315 33.2%

• Total voters
Ibrox to us will always be Ibrox so for me yes if we can bring in some money from it then boom get it done. I am very surprised it has not already been done. A huge name would be great.

The only caveat would be we dont want or should we ever expect any tacky branding around the stadium. Has to be subtle and fit in with the stadium.

If the money was right and the partner was right I'd be happy enough - preferably something like "Ibrox stadium sponsored by" opposed to a whole renaming of "Tubbees Desert Lap Arena" or whatever

Both of those are new stadiums though. If they were still at Maine Road and Highbury, to fans they'd still be playing at Maine Road and Highbury, regardless of sponsorship. Ditto Anfield or Old Trafford. What it's called in the media to meet sponsorship requirements, has no impact on what fans call it. Ibrox will always be Ibrox.

That's nonsense, might be the case for those who are around today, but for the kids and the next generation it will be whatever the media call it, then it eventually gets lost.

I was too young to really remember but i would imagine there would have been plenty against having shirt sponsors in the mid 80s and now its the norm, stadium rights will go the same way for every team eventually.

It's easy money and it will still be Ibrox to me regardless who sponsors it.

I would be for it if it meant a stadium revamp, redoing the 3 stands and keeping the main stand.
If it’s just to stick an extra few quid in the bank then forget it

I just don’t think every aspect of the club should be whored.

I get the ‘money for nothing’ angle but it’s not ‘nothing’ is it? It’s a fundamental alteration to a club cornerstone.

I don’t get the commmercial strategy at all. Our most profitable and longest-running partnership is with 32Red, and Charles Green brough them in. Since then we’ve any number of partners that come and go with little fanfare.

Can you even remember the name of the energy drink we had during 55? Two cans placed strategically behind Emma Dodds on RTV every week but they’ve disappeared. We had a different energy drink the season before. You could buy neither in the stadium.

Black Rooster. What’s happened there? The Hummel Training Centre lasted about three months.

BiowaveGo, Seko, Carrick etc are all run by Bears.

Then we’ve got Energy Check (bust), Sportmongo (bust), Bitci (alleged fraudsters and going bust)….. no matter which way we spin it we aren’t getting a ‘blue chip’ name on the stadium so for me, it’s off the table.
Hummel training centre had to go due to previous deal with elite.

Eighty one energy drink was only either a one or two year sponsors. They focusing on F1 just now.

Bitci to ge fair had Spanish national team, Betis, Wolves and a few other bug names before we got in.

Energy check well that was unlucky as they were national name

The only one didn't hear of was sportmongo. But the NFT market is huge can see what they were looking to do.

Black Rooster still partner

Seko run by bears? It's a company out of Chicago

Would be great to get the Queen's assent and funding given the history, tradition and support to the armed forces, veterans and charities.

The Royal Ibrox Stadium.

Only if the scum rename their stadium too as The Armitage Shanks Arena for sponsorship reasons. B-D

I just don’t think every aspect of the club should be whored.

I get the ‘money for nothing’ angle but it’s not ‘nothing’ is it? It’s a fundamental alteration to a club cornerstone.

I don’t get the commmercial strategy at all. Our most profitable and longest-running partnership is with 32Red, and Charles Green brough them in. Since then we’ve any number of partners that come and go with little fanfare.

Can you even remember the name of the energy drink we had during 55? Two cans placed strategically behind Emma Dodds on RTV every week but they’ve disappeared. We had a different energy drink the season before. You could buy neither in the stadium.

Black Rooster. What’s happened there? The Hummel Training Centre lasted about three months.

BiowaveGo, Seko, Carrick etc are all run by Bears.

Then we’ve got Energy Check (bust), Sportmongo (bust), Bitci (alleged fraudsters and going bust)….. no matter which way we spin it we aren’t getting a ‘blue chip’ name on the stadium so for me, it’s off the table.
Great points!

Regardless of its name it's Ibrox to me.
The BT Ibrox stadium would simply be Ibrox.
The name that some on here call Ibrox (I'll not get into here as I'll get a ban) is worse than almost any sponsor name.

There is no value in it for existing stadia. That’s one of the reason Barca have tied it into their kit deal to try and get some sort of value from it.

Ibrox to us will always be Ibrox so for me yes if we can bring in some money from it then boom get it done. I am very surprised it has not already been done. A huge name would be great.

The only caveat would be we dont want or should we ever expect any tacky branding around the stadium. Has to be subtle and fit in with the stadium.
you mean like biowave go plastered across the top of the stands ;)

Depends on alot of factors.. your not going to go for it for 500k a year but if it was 10 mil a year sure it would be a no brainer.. we'll all know it as Ibrox anyway

I voted for - but there must be a degree of acceptability around the naming process
Feck having the “we buy any car dot com” stadium as our iconic stadium name

Both of those are new stadiums though. If they were still at Maine Road and Highbury, to fans they'd still be playing at Maine Road and Highbury, regardless of sponsorship. Ditto Anfield or Old Trafford. What it's called in the media to meet sponsorship requirements, has no impact on what fans call it. Ibrox will always be Ibrox.
Man City's stadium was called the City of Manchester stadium when it was built.

It is now the Etiahad.

There are fans spinning in their graves at the thought of this heresy.

First there was John Greig and a couple more running out sporting moustaches.

Then there was shirt sponsorship.

The naming of stands, ffs.

Now the final insult, renaming Ibrox...

Next it will be Red Bull Rangers; Daily Record Rangers...

Be careful what you wish for...
It will still always be Rangers and Ibrox

That's nonsense, might be the case for those who are around today, but for the kids and the next generation it will be whatever the media call it, then it eventually gets lost.
Don't think that would be the case; there will be enough 'oldies' in future generations to remind the younger ones

Would you be in favour of this as an extra revenue stream?

For me it is money for old rope, everyone would call it Ibrox anyway.

Barcelona are the most high profile club who are desperate for money, they are banking a tidy £60/70m per season from Spotify just to add their name before the Nou Camp.

I really do think this is something we should be looking to do.
Like others have said, yes depending on the brand being sensible and not having an effect on our reputation

If we got a few million per season for it then it wouldnt bother me too much, but it would need to be a decent amount

Just as well the main stand is listed or some would be selling ad space on the front facade
No problem with the new museum or training centre etc but Ibrox is more than money for me

I’m with you OP.

Just because some gimp on Sky Sports news calls it xxxxxx, it’s Ibrox to all of us. Guess it would depend on the fee right enough.

If you had posed this question a year or so ago, the consensus would have been overwhelmingly negative. It was the last time someone asked.

It’s interesting to see such a mindset switch

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest, subject to it not being something ridiculous like Tena:) (though that would be appropriate for some of the posters on here ha ha).

Bring in some extra cash but, of course, the Dhims would do the same so no gain on them - but more financial stability for us, for sure.
Would help improve the flow…of cash into the club.

I’ll get me coat.

Back