Stat : Ianis Hagi is 51 league matches unbeaten

nelster

Official FF Paparazzi
Ianis Hagi has not lost in his last 51 league matches for Rangers spanning 4 seasons.

Lets hope he can work himself back up to his true level over the next few months.

2019/20 - 1 match
2020/21 - 32 matches
2021/22 - 15 matches
2022/23 - 3 matches

Ill be amazed if he can come back to anywhere near his previous level.

That long out is bad enough but for a player who relied on his movement and guile such an injury will really have a lasting impact. Itll likely make him a little slower as well and he was already lacking speed.

Its a shame but youve probably seen the best of him at Rangers and he'll likely end up leaving for a nominal fee or free sooner rather than later.

I hope I’m wrong, but I can see him heading out on loan next season. I don’t think he’ll get the minutes he needs to get his sharpness back at us.

It's been a long time since we've had an in form Hagi. And never one that been able to nail a first team starting slot over the course.

If we could get decent money for him I would sell him. Just don't feel he has ever nailed down a position for us and we have multiple players who can play that role.

If the rumours are true of Galatasarays interest I would sell

He tried breaking into a sprint yesterday and it was embarrassingly slow to say the least, some player with the ball at his feet but

Maybe but Tillman not going to find getting a game easy if Cantwell progresses as he's done so far.
Aye but we need a good squad not just an 11, plus we don't know for sure if Kent will still be here.

Even outwith those points, they could still play in the same side, so I wouldn't necessarily think it's either Cantwell or Tillman for a starting slot.

Aye but we need a good squad not just an 11, plus we don't know for sure if Kent will still be here.

Even outwith those points, they could still play in the same side, so I wouldn't necessarily think it's either Cantwell or Tillman for a starting slot.
No, it also depends if we keep Tillman but I agree Kent may or may not go but I think Cantwell next year will be much better than now the same as Raskin.

It's good that we are talking about fitting good players into a side rather than thinking hey they are all pretty shit.

as much as I liked him pre-injury (at times) I'm just not sure where he fits in, plus he doesn't exactly suit scottish football unfortunately. Hopefully he can get back to his best eventually

I think if we get a reasonable bid for Hagi in the summer we need to let him go . I don’t see him as a first team starter .

You can’t help but like Hagi but if we are honest he’s not reached the heights that we hoped. He’s given us some fantastic moments but if we get a decent fee for him then we should take it.

Ianis Hagi has not lost in his last 51 league matches for Rangers spanning 4 seasons.

Lets hope he can work himself back up to his true level over the next few months.

2019/20 - 1 match
2020/21 - 32 matches
2021/22 - 15 matches
2022/23 - 3 matches
Edited, misread op.

I feel like people have forgotten how bad Hagi was when he got injured. The biggest criticism of Gio at that point was that he kept picking Hagi despite turning poor performance after poor performance.

Too slow and his passing is poor.

Not what I hoped he’d be after Hibs and Braga.
Come on.

At least give him the stunning Galatasaray Europa assist.

The match winners during 55 against Hibs and St Johnstone when the goal was not coming.

He looked proper sharp to start the next season, scored a great goal running the show on opening day only to get done by a hammer thrower after scoring and miss the Malmo debacle.

Gio’s go to guy as he tried to kick start us in the way he wanted (as a really wide winger bizarrely) - then the next injury.

The biggest criticism of Gio at that point was that he kept picking Hagi despite turning poor performance after poor performance.
Yes. He asked him to be a winger.

Would you ?

Are we to judge every player on the Gio nonsense to the point folk have imprinted the Gio version of the player as the only version to remember.

In the case of Hagi. He has miles to go to be near 2020 never mind the summer of 2021.

I really hope he gets there

Back