Statement on racism by UEFA

Probably been talked about in other threads, but I see that woman beater Collymore refused an interview on GMB this morning as he basically said he only got asked as he's black. I'm sorry but that kind of pish is damaging as well. Tosser
we he wasn't asked for his journalistic integrity

We have to be clever ,,,we are an easy target,,,and the agenda against us has already been set,,the reality is ,unless we stop singing certain songs, we will be banned from Europe and then the spfl will bring in rules that will affect us aswell,,,,

Yes, we have become an 'easy target'. But the more important question is 'why'?

Your post acknowledges that '...an agenda against us has already been set...', and I would certainly agree with you. We have been singled out for special scrutiny by the 'grievance industry', whilst the yahoos, for e.g., are allowed to skate free for behaviors often far more offensive that anything Rangers fans have been guilty of.

However, what disturbed me about your post was the seeming acceptance of the double standard that clearly exists with respect to things Rangers. Instead of being cowed and intimated, don't you think it would be better to get up off your knees, and together with other fans of the club, start to organize and fight back, using social media and other more direct means to challenge the NBM's and FARE's of the world, who have hijacked a noble cause to push their own biased agendas.

Im aiming it at those that are backing Uefa without giving any thought to their charges against us. We've been sanctioned twice for racism when there's been none at Ibrox for years. Its all well and good pointing the finger at others but soon they'll be pointing the finger at us.

Could we be the first British club to be banned? Who decides? Is it based on FARE's biased views?
It'd be massively hypocritical if we were to receive a ban especially based on what other clubs get away with. Saying that nothing is based fairly anymore not even FARE

It'd be massively hypocritical if we were to receive a ban especially based on what other clubs get away with. Saying that nothing is based fairly anymore not even FARE

We've already been sanctioned twice for racism. One more is a stadium closure and that's the same as a final warning.

As far as I'm aware, we've been hammered for two incidents of racism thus far.

Can you give me the examples of said racism?

Well yes, because it was widely reported, and fell foul of uefas widely accepted definition of what constitutes racism. It doesn't matter what your own definition happens to be, as that's totally irrelevant.

F-U-C_k UEFA! One of the most corrupt, venal institutions on the planet. Get back to us when you stop pocketing bribes from totalitarian governments and gangsters you c-_unts!

Probably been talked about in other threads, but I see that woman beater Collymore refused an interview on GMB this morning as he basically said he only got asked as he's black. I'm sorry but that kind of pish is damaging as well. Tosser
Is that what that wanker said?:))

There were times, not long ago, when the football family thought that the scourge of racism was a distant memory. The last couple of years have taught us that such thinking was, at best, complacent. The rise of nationalism across the continent has fuelled some unacceptable behaviour and some have taken it upon themselves to think that a football crowd is the right place to give voice to their appalling views.

As a governing body, I know we are not going to win any popularity contests. But some of the views expressed about UEFA's approach to fighting racism have been a long way off the mark. UEFA, in close cooperation with the FARE network (Football Against Racism Europe), instituted the three-stage protocol for identifying and tackling racist behaviour during games.

UEFA's sanctions are among the toughest in sport for clubs and associations whose supporters are racist at our matches. The minimum sanction is a partial closure of the stadium – a move which costs the hosts at least hundreds of thousands in lost revenue and attaches a stigma to their supporters.

UEFA is the only football body to ban a player for ten matches for racist behaviour – the most severe punishment level in the game. Believe me, UEFA is committed to doing everything it can to eliminate this disease from football. We cannot afford to be content with this; we must always strive to strengthen our resolve.

More broadly, the football family – everyone from administrators to players, coaches and fans – needs to work with governments and NGOs to wage war on the racists and to marginalise their abhorrent views to the fringes of society. Football associations themselves cannot solve this problem. Governments too need to do more in this area. Only by working together in the name of decency and honour will we make progress.

Here we go- "the rise of nationalism" so you love your country and that makes you a hater? Feck Off UEFA and stop your policing of people's thoughts.
I'll bet all over Asia and Africa there will be all sorts of abuse being fired about when teams from there play each other but it's only Whitey who can be guilty of racism.

Any decent person knows that monkey noises are for the truly moronic and even in Bulgaria it seems to be a tiny minority. To me this is all interconnected- the constant shifting of goalposts over what Gers fan's are allowed to sing and when we comply another chipping away will occur with something else that is "offensive" to someone.

It's about policing your thoughts folks and to get you afraid to utter anything remotely controversial in general life.

Someone on here posted the other day about people now being able to complain about racially motivated booing. Where does this nonsense end? We're as well closing all stadiums permanently as this will lead to any fans attending being issued with gags prior to entering the ground in case they break some newly made up edict.

Well yes, because it was widely reported, and fell foul of uefas widely accepted definition of what constitutes racism. It doesn't matter what your own definition happens to be, as that's totally irrelevant.

Excuse my ignorance but can you give me details of "uefas widely accepted definition of what conctitutes racism"?

It's on uefas website mate, you can log into follow follow so you can clearly use google

Ive looked on their website but I cant see a definition of racism. Can you post it for me and others to see?

Just to be clear Ive seen their recent statement on racism and their 3 stage protocol but not a definition.

If we're to understand their position its imperitive we know exactly what they mean.

Hope you can oblige.

Ive looked on their website but I cant see a definition of racism. Can you post it for me and others to see?

Just to be clear Ive seen their recent statement on racism and their 3 stage protocol but not a definition.

If we're to understand their position its imperitive we know exactly what they mean.

Hope you can oblige.

1 Any person under the scope of Article 3 who insults the human dignity of a person
or group of persons on whatever grounds, including skin colour, race, religion,
ethnic origin, gender or sexual orientation, incurs a suspension lasting at least ten
matches or a specified period of time, or any other appropriate sanction.
If one or more of a member association or club’s supporters engage in the
behaviour described in paragraph 1, the member association or club responsible is
punished with a minimum of a partial stadium closure.
3 The following disciplinary measures apply in the event of recidivism:
a. a second offence is punished with one match played behind closed doors and
a fine of € 50,000;
b. any subsequent offence is punished with more than one match behind closed
doors, a stadium closure, the forfeiting of a match, the deduction of points
and/or disqualification from the competition.
If the circumstances of the case require it, the competent disciplinary body may
impose additional disciplinary measures on the member association or club
responsible, such as the playing of one or more matches behind closed doors, a
stadium closure, the forfeiting of a match, the deduction of points and/or
disqualification from the competition.

1 Any person under the scope of Article 3 who insults the human dignity of a person
or group of persons on whatever grounds, including skin colour, race, religion,
ethnic origin, gender or sexual orientation, incurs a suspension lasting at least ten
matches or a specified period of time, or any other appropriate sanction.
If one or more of a member association or club’s supporters engage in the
behaviour described in paragraph 1, the member association or club responsible is
punished with a minimum of a partial stadium closure.
3 The following disciplinary measures apply in the event of recidivism:
a. a second offence is punished with one match played behind closed doors and
a fine of € 50,000;
b. any subsequent offence is punished with more than one match behind closed
doors, a stadium closure, the forfeiting of a match, the deduction of points
and/or disqualification from the competition.
If the circumstances of the case require it, the competent disciplinary body may
impose additional disciplinary measures on the member association or club
responsible, such as the playing of one or more matches behind closed doors, a
stadium closure, the forfeiting of a match, the deduction of points and/or
disqualification from the competition.

It seems then that "insulting the human dignity of a person or a group of persons on whatever grounds..." is their definition of racist behaviour as it applies to footballers, football personnel and fans.

"Insulting the human dignity". The question is, who decides what's insulting and what isnt?

Is the Sash insulting? What about Derry's Walls, BMG, Rule Britannia, WATP, Follow Follow, UDR 4, Born Under a Union Jack, GSTQ, NPOR, Super Rangers, TBB, STB, to name just a few?

We cant afford to just assume. One more unacceptable song/chant and we're done for.

Back