Stendel To Be The New Hearts Manager

Apologies what I read was he managed Hannover 96 who I don't think are a massive club, but I could be wrong. My real point was the very experienced and high profile which I do not think can really be said.

Hannover play in a 50k seater

Hopefully he whips them into some sort of shame in time for the mentally challenged game.

Re Aaron Hickey. He's a kid and Hearts are ruining him. He should not be playing every week and have the weight of the hype on his shoulders.

If I was a Hearts supporter I'd be pretty miffed waiting all the time they've took to pick this guy. If he was decent he wouldn't be managing in the lower half of the championship.

To finally get someone in is going to be a relief, if this does indeed get over the line...

I’m concerned at 2 things though. How much time is he going to be given to overhaul the squad as there isn’t a lot of deadwood left over from the 90+ signings we made in last 3 years? And is he bringing his own backroom team in as I feel everyone needs a fresh start.
It was always going to be a slow appointment based on the structure at Hearts. Any other club would have had their director of football drawing up the shortlist or teeing up the replacement. That would have been a bit tricky:)

From the outside I think hearts have some decent talent. When everyone was fit at the beginning of last season they were doing “okay” until the entire spine of the team got fucked by the football injury gods. Since then there’s been no continuity and their confidence is shot. I can see a new manager getting a dead cat bounce and it coinciding with guys getting fit and then the confidence comes back. I think hearts are still likely to finish top 5

Screenshot-20191204-174954-com-brave-browser.jpg

Sounds like a disaster in waiting.

Absolute mess of a situation. Barnsley havent sacked him but have relieved him of his duties as manager. So they're paying his contract as gardening leave. They owe him compensation if they want to sack him. Any club who wants to appoint him would likely owe Barnsley a fee.

Stendel is in the position where Barnsley will keep paying him to not be their manager but would have to give up his contractual rights to take up a new job or expect a new club to pay a fee for his services. Not great for Stendel's career but he can legitimately sit on his arse and milk Barnsley for whatever he's due. Entirely unreasonable position for the club to take.

Apologies what I read was he managed Hannover 96 who I don't think are a massive club, but I could be wrong. My real point was the very experienced and high profile which I do not think can really be said.

Hannover are pish right now but are traditionally a top flight team who can sometimes yo-yo between Bundesliga 1 and 2.

A guy most have never heard of who’s been sacked by both clubs he’s headed up to date?

Yup, sounds like a Hearts managerial appointment.

Back