Stephen Thompson SFA should throw the book at the rangers players

uneasydaz

STEVEN THOMPSON insists the SFA should 'throw the book' at the five Rangers players who breached Covid-19 protocols.

Steven Gerrard confirmed today that Bongani Zungu, Nathan Patterson, Calvin Bassey, Dapo Mebude and Brian Kinnear had been fined by the club

And he revealed that the Light Blues were also in talks with the SFA and Scottish Government about the breach.

All five players were involved in an alleged Covid party which was busted in Glasgow in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Police Scotland handed out fines to all those in attendance.

Now, ex-Rangers ace Thompson insists the SFA should throw the book at the players in question.

While he also admitted their actions had let everyone down and were "beyond comprehension".

Speaking on the BBC's Sportsound show, he said: "I think with what happened previously with the two Rangers players who did something earlier in the season, you'd have thought that Steven Gerrard and his backroom staff will have been over the course with the players and telling them - not that you need told - that they're high profile.

"Having played with Rangers, you can't really escape from the spotlight no matter where you are.

"Even if you think you're in somebody's house hiding, in the modern day with mobile phones and whatever else it's very difficult to try and pull something like that off.

"It's no surprise that they've been caught and I think they should throw the book at them.

"For me, I think it's completely unacceptable what they've done.

"I mean, is a fine enough? Is an internal fine enough for these players? I'm pretty sure the SFA will give them a ban of some sort.

"For me it's unthinkable that the players - given the privilege they have at this minute in time to be able to go out and do their job when everybody else isn't really able to do that - to go and throw it in the face of their club, of their supporters, of their manager and be caught out at a house party, it really defies logic.

"It's beyond comprehension."

Did he demand the beaks "throw the book" at celtc for their outrageous covid breaches, or did he use some other term?
I can't seem to remember...

"For me it's unthinkable that the players - given the privilege they have at this minute in time to be able to go out and do their job when everybody else isn't really able to do that."

Eh, what was Thompson doing when he said that? Oh that's right, his job. Yet apparently nobody other than footballers is really able to do that.

Maybe he should also have do his job and ask why the SFA did not throw the book at Celtc nor the players who breached Covid Rules whilst on an Official Club Trip. Twat!

Says the man who speared John McGinn through the thigh at training.
Exactly. I'm sure John mcginn nutmegged him and ripped the absolute curnt out of him in training. That resulted in the big fanny taking a rager and spearing him. He tried to pass it off as a mistake and a bit of a joke gone wrong.

STEVEN THOMPSON insists the SFA should 'throw the book' at the five Rangers players who breached Covid-19 protocols.

Steven Gerrard confirmed today that Bongani Zungu, Nathan Patterson, Calvin Bassey, Dapo Mebude and Brian Kinnear had been fined by the club

And he revealed that the Light Blues were also in talks with the SFA and Scottish Government about the breach.

All five players were involved in an alleged Covid party which was busted in Glasgow in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Police Scotland handed out fines to all those in attendance.

Now, ex-Rangers ace Thompson insists the SFA should throw the book at the players in question.

While he also admitted their actions had let everyone down and were "beyond comprehension".

Speaking on the BBC's Sportsound show, he said: "I think with what happened previously with the two Rangers players who did something earlier in the season, you'd have thought that Steven Gerrard and his backroom staff will have been over the course with the players and telling them - not that you need told - that they're high profile.

"Having played with Rangers, you can't really escape from the spotlight no matter where you are.

"Even if you think you're in somebody's house hiding, in the modern day with mobile phones and whatever else it's very difficult to try and pull something like that off.

"It's no surprise that they've been caught and I think they should throw the book at them.

"For me, I think it's completely unacceptable what they've done.

"I mean, is a fine enough? Is an internal fine enough for these players? I'm pretty sure the SFA will give them a ban of some sort.

"For me it's unthinkable that the players - given the privilege they have at this minute in time to be able to go out and do their job when everybody else isn't really able to do that - to go and throw it in the face of their club, of their supporters, of their manager and be caught out at a house party, it really defies logic.

"It's beyond comprehension."
He's not wrong, Rangers and/or the SFA will throw the book at them, it's a non story.

Exact same as the re refereeing of games by video . Only applies to Rangers majority of the time .
I have no issue at all if they get a ban but where are the bans for the scum .Any games they missed was over gov rules on isolating.The sfa did he haw as usual when the bheasts are involved .
Didn't see thompson shooting the lip over them

Back