Sterling again today

Fergie90

Wtf are we doing with this guy?

He needs be in the middle of midfield every single week regardless of injuries elsewhere.

Today he starts at RW and can't impact the game going forward or get near O'Reilly for the goal as he is over the other side and then gets moved to CB where he can't drive us forward or get in about them.

Poor guy must be considering his future.

The simple change today was Lawrence out wide and Sterling in the middle from the start.

Clement clearly doesn’t see him as a central midfielder, which is a huge mistake, IMO.

With Lundstram out it will be Raskin alongside Diomande before big John is restored for the cup final.

He needs be in the middle of midfield every single week regardless of injuries elsewhere.

Today he starts at RW and can't impact the game going forward or get near O'Reilly for the goal as he is over the other side and then gets moved to CB where he can't d I've us forward or get in about them.

The simple change today was Lawrence out wide and Sterling in the middle from the start.
Absolutely this mate, manager has sadly morphed into the Belgian Pedro.
Baffling decisions on a weekly basis.

Who says Clement doesn’t see him as a centre midfielder in the long term??

He is being played where he is needed right now
How is he needed at RW?

He is needed more in midfield. Games are won and lost in there and our best one is stuck out wide affecting nothing.

Lawrence out right and Sterling CM is obvious as Lawrence doesn't have the legs in a midfield 3.

All we can hope for is Clement is being careful what he says and does until the end of the season and then gets rid of most of them.
I get what you're saying but it still doesn't take away from the absolute nonsense team selections and substitions every week.
To have sterling playing anywhere but in the middle of the park and the teams that he's sent out even just against that lot the last 2 games is absolutely beyond any form of defence.

How is he needed at RW?

He is needed more in midfield. Games are won and lost in there and our best one is stuck out wide affecting nothing.

Lawrence out right and Sterling CM is obvious as Lawrence doesn't have the legs in a midfield 3.
While i agree we need more in midfield playing left footed Lawrence on the right of midfield makes zero sense either

Was waiting on him moving into midfield at half time but he puts him at centre half. Unbelievable. He could've put King on the pitch and taken Lawrence off. For weeks you could drive a bus through our midfield, it seems we all see it but the manager doesn't.
He should be RB or CM and instead he is RW and CB.

Just baffling.

Said it elsewhere, he's too good to be a utility player. He's not a plaster to move about covering the latest problem, he's a key player.

Find a position for him and leave him there.

I'd have him in midfield, give him a wider zone of influence over right-back.

Play him and Diomande either side of Raskin. Dio is better going forward than defensively anyway, as has been shown when he's been playing beside Lundstram.

It's absolute madness Clement cannot see this

You could have drove two busses through the middle of our team for the whole 90 mins
As with every game against Celtic lately, we are slow in the build up or we punt it long, they play 1 or 2 passes through us and they are in our penalty box or swinging in crosses, it needs to stop, we need some dig and fight in our midfield

Clement starting with Sterling on the right, Lawrence and Lundstram in the team is the kind of decision making that gives me the fear that we’re going to be doing this same shït with a new manager next year.

Today he starts at RW and can't impact the game going forward or get near O'Reilly for the goal as he is over the other side and then gets moved to CB where he can't drive us forward or get in about them.

He's a defender. Today proved that as far as I'm concerned. Folk seem to want to shoehorn him into a position that is alien to him simply because our other options are lacking. Sterling needs to be in our defence.

That is him now played i n every outfield position bar attacking mid and striker. He must be a model pro because most would eventually become sick of being the team square peg for every team hole.

And this wins the utterly batshit mental comment of the day, which is saying something given the competition, so I'm out. The lunatics have well and truly taken over the FF asylum.
You tell me why he started with the wrong team against that lot for the 3rd time in a row?
Why start Tom Lawrence in a game that's already been proven to bypass him as he simply doesn't have any legs?
Why not start Yilmaz if he could play 15 mins last week sand was deemed ok to be on the bench this week?
Why does he refuse to play sterling in the middle of the park?
Why instead of bringing king on to play centre half he decided mcausland was a great idea only to stick sterling at centre half rather than into the middle of the park where we were over run all day long.?
And that's only today.
We could analyse much much more but tbh I can't be arsed as I'm certain you've responded to a few of my other posts daring to question the manager's baffling decision making at times with the usual head in the sand nonsense.

Said it elsewhere, he's too good to be a utility player. He's not a plaster to move about covering the latest problem, he's a key player.

Play him and Diomande either side of Raskin. Dio is better going forward than defensively anyway, as has been shown when he's been playing beside Lundstram.
Your right. We need to find his position. Why the madness to play him cm? He's never played there for us except betis

He's a defender. Today proved that as far as I'm concerned. Folk seem to want to shoehorn him into a position that is alien to him simply because our other options are lacking. Sterling needs to be in our defence.
He is a defender. A good one.

He is also a more than decent centre mid.

He isn't a left winger or right winger though is probably better there than some we have.

Not really a left back either but wasn't bad there.

I agree, he's been superb. And I'd play him in CM as well, he could have man marked McGregor, got more pace and strength than him, but I'd have had Cantwell on the right.

I still think we'll be successful with Clement but he's gota stop standing off the filth. And hes running out of OF's as well because if we lose the final and the 1st OF next season, the knives will be out.

Spot on. Play to our strengths and piece the jigsaw after our best players are in their right position. That's what Walter did, and it worked.

However, Sterling was excellent at CB in the second half.

Wish the manager would actually play him where we need him most right now i.e. in the middle of the park.

I really like the boy though, puts in a power of work and gets on with the job with no fuss or drama, seems like he just keeps his head down and gets on with it. We could do with a few more like him in the squad.

Moved all over the pitch and with no real good reason. Clement needs to get an genuine idea on his team. Suppose not being forced to pick players like Lundstram next season will be good for the team.

Back