Sterling and Butland can hold their head high

Davies had one of his best games for us. Yilmaz was also fine when he came on. Wright and McCausland less so, just lacking a final pass.

Thought Davies and Silva put in shifts. Lawrence was useless and should have been hooked in the first half .

Sterling has been consistently good in these old firms - a small good sign for the future.

I'm surprised at how poor Lawrence has been in these games tbh, he seems to have spells in games where he can barely make a pass and can barely move, he just becomes anonymous

Sterling has been consistently good in these old firms - a small good sign for the future.

I'm surprised at how poor Lawrence has been in these games tbh, he seems to have spells in games where he can barely make a pass and can barely move, he just becomes anonymous
Why are you surprised? He's bang average and he's another player who gets bigged up to a level he's never reached or deserved the credit for.

Why are you surprised? He's bang average and he's another player who gets bigged up to a level he's never reached or deserved the credit for.
Because when he comes on as a sub he actually looks good (usually), he moves and makes good passes. There have been points this season, especially in europe, where he looks like a completely different player to the one today. I just think there's possibly an injury he's carrying, or there's some confidence issue in there

It was probably the best performance we've had from Silva.

A bit too little, too late but if we were getting that from him every week, we'd be raving about him.

Those two and Yilmaz are the only ones with enough quality. Thought Diamonde was posted missing today, although Lawrence and Lundstram were shocking and offered no support.

The McGregor v whoever duel was always going to be key. Just why Lawrence was that man escapes me.

Because when he comes on as a sub he actually looks good (usually), he moves and makes good passes. There have been points this season, especially in europe, where he looks like a completely different player to the one today. I just think there's possibly an injury he's carrying, or there's some confidence issue in there
You've obviously got his goal against Killie on your mind. Bang average, mate.

Ridvan and Diomande done well 2nd half
Sterling and Silva our only 2 starters who get close to pass marks

Those two and Yilmaz are the only ones with enough quality. Thought Diamonde was posted missing today, although Lawrence and Lundstram were shocking and offered no support.
Thought he looked better with Raskin
Time to stop relying on the older players, any experience Lundstram and Lawrence were supposed to bring showed they offered nothing but slowness and poor decision making. Wrong selection, particularly in Lawrence's case it's as if we've learned nothing about his previous OF starts because he scored a good goal last week

Fabio Silva tried hard and shouldn’t have been taken off. Worked and carried a threat.

Raskin and Diomande weren’t terrible.
Plus Butland Sterling were decent the rest can go I'd drop Lundstram for Raskin now.

Back