Sterling deserves better than just being used as a utility player

He should have been played in midfield today. Lawrence v McGregor was murder the first half.

The problem with Sterling, is all the shite everywhere else on the park, it means we need him to play elsewhere. Really hope he starts playing in midfield as soon as possible.

Totally agree OP
Just decide his best position and give it to him - leave him there and build others around him…. Our best player!

He is a fantastic player. You can’t play in the number of positions he has been asked to and do it that well. His technique, pace and footballing brain is there for all to see.

He’s our best player right now. Can play almost any position on the park. He should be learning from
Lundstram instead lundstram being sent off for a fucking nothing tackle in the other teams own half. Send him to turkey the now

If he's playing central midfield today ahead of Lundstram we don't lose.
If he's playing in CM, Celtic isolate the "Hall of Famer" and we get absolutely murdered down the Right hand side and we probably concede two or three in the first 15-30 minutes.

He’s a right back and should be playing there. Recruitment for the positions he’s had to play is imperative. Hopefully we can find the same athletic and dynamic players as him to play them

I like his mobility at the back. I like his mobility in midfield.

He doesn’t work right wing. Hearts game aside he’s been shite there.

He would benefit from a prolonged spell in one position but it’s understandable why that hasn’t happened. I can’t see that being the case next season when hopefully we recruit properly.

If he's playing right back today we don't lose the second goal. Hopefully he's our right back next season.

We probably don’t lose the first goal either as he can pass to his team mate 5 yards away generally. Tav lazily banged it between three of them and hit the 1 Celtic player leaving 3 players wrong side. 30 seconds later it is 1-0.

Great player wasted on right wing. Love his attitude and his drive. Great showing at centre back, looked more assured than any of the cbs we have seen against them

He deserves to have a team built around him rather than just fitting into wherever we are short on any given day.

Personally, for me that would be the central midfield role (alongside more creative players). His pace and power breaks up attacks and he himself can break forward quickly with and without the ball. But if he went into next season as our first choice right back then I’d have no complaints either but I suspect budget will mean we have to spend money elsewhere.

I said a few months ago about him playing centre half. He was excellent in the 2nd half.

He has the pace, power and physicality to do what Bassey did and cover centre half/right back (opposite side to Bassey obviously).

He needs to play centrally whether it's centre half or centre mid. Need to strengthen the spine of the team.

Back