Sterling wasted out on the right.

I think we need to have Cantwell's energy but I do agree that I would like to see Sterling play in the middle but no way is PC dropping Lundstram.

For me, I'd be dropping Lunny and playing Sterling in there with Dio.
Get young McAusland out on the right and while we're at it, on today's showing, I'd have Lawrence ahead of Cantwell.
I'd written Lawrence off tbf but he was very good today.
Lawrence isn't fit enough for starting at the Piggery. It's not a nackered 10 man Kilmarnock he'll be up against.

I thought Sterling had their full back on toast at times, but I agree I would rather see him play central mid as an enforcer. He is solid, rarely dives in and yet still takes the ball more often than not.

Shouldn't be a case of dropping anybody, just change to a 4-3-3 with Cantwell playing narrow off one of the wings. 3 in the middle is an absolute must next week.
Tend to agree
Think I’d have Sterling and Dio either side of Lundstram
Win the midfield and see what we can create going forward

See post #3
I'd be very surprised if he changes his formation that he's used nearly every game.

I wouldn't be against him in midfield but him starting on the right in the preferred formation is probably the least disruption to the side.

Assuming Sima is out I would go 4321.

Lunny, Mo and Dujon being the 3.

Cantwell and Lawrence playing off Dessers.

Let the width come from Tav and Ridvan.

I reckon we are currently playing a formation that doesn't suit the personnel.

We have to stop this experiment of playing sterling out wide. He’s wasted out there. I want him in the middle next week being a destroyer and using his strength and power. That’s one thing they don’t have in midfield and I’m sick of us standing about watching them dictate these games at their pace.

I'd be very surprised if he changes his formation that he's used nearly every game.

I wouldn't be against him in midfield but him starting on the right in the preferred formation is probably the least disruption to the side.
I just think this rigid 4-2-3-1 is hurting us mate. No reason the "number 10" can't be off to one side and move Sterling into a more solid midfield. If its just Diomande & Lundstram v McGregor O'Riley & Hatate next week they'll dominate. It absolutely killed us at Ibrox in the first half, especially with Wright doing his disappearing act on the right wing.

Ridvan for Borna will be our only change for the rest of the season.
I'd say getting Balogun fit is a far more pressing concern
Same team, same formation for the next 4 games

Fine with him wide right next week, Cantwell off the left with a three in midfield. Ideally would have the Duj in the middle, but our wide options aren’t the best as of just now and Tav will need help with Maeda.

Fine with him wide right next week, Cantwell off the left with a three in midfield. Ideally would have the Duj in the middle, but our wide options aren’t the best as of just now and Tav will need help with Maeda.
Who thinking for the 3rd spot in the middle then bud? Raskin?

Who thinking for the 3rd spot in the middle then bud? Raskin?
Christ knows, mate.

Probably Raskin (despite not being all that impressed with him) due to his energy. I always prefer having a flat three against them in there.

Squads a bit of lopsided mess at the minute.

He's not a winger he just doesn't have the guile and creativity for it, would much rather have him in midfield where his is more to win it and link play.

Christ knows, mate.

Probably Raskin (despite not being all that impressed with him) due to his energy. I always prefer having a flat three against them in there.

Squads a bit of lopsided mess at the minute.
I don't mind Raskin in there at all tbh. Like you say, energy and always a willingness to go forward. Think Sterling in a midfield 3 next week is absolutely crucial though. We need some sort of tactical curveball from Big Phil because I think the 4-2-3-1 leaves our midfield outnumbered against their 3 who in fairness all have quality on the ball.

Totally agree.

Lundstram was losing the ball something rotten today and does often, alongside failing to track runners.

He’s unstoppable though.

Do folk actually watch games

Lost possession
Diomande 14
Cantwell 12
Lundstram 7

Passes (sucessful)
Diomande 47/57 (82%)
Cantwell 29/33 (88%)
Lundstram 69/75 (92%)

Assists
Diomande 0
Cantwell 0
Lundstram 1

Lundstram was one of our better players today over the 90 minutes. Arguably MotM for me. He's on the current 'hit list' for those that way inclined though.

Some amount of folk going to our games on the gear just haven’t a clue what they are watching.

Wait till they come on telling us his passes were sideways and backwards, just like his pass of the match for Silva’s equaliser.

Do folk actually watch games

Lost possession
Diomande 14
Cantwell 12
Lundstram 7

Passes (sucessful)
Diomande 47/57 (82%)
Cantwell 29/33 (88%)
Lundstram 69/75 (92%)

Assists
Diomande 0
Cantwell 0
Lundstram 1
Lundstram has a higher pass completion percentage because he generally knocks it five yards to the next guy, hence why he also has a higher number of passes.

When he tries to do anything more adventurous than knock it five yards, he loses it.

I know that because I watched the game. Don’t let nuance get in the way though.

Only way we win is by making it a battle. Sterling in the middle spoil the game and hope we nick something.

I'd fancy him to destroy Taylor physically if he's there next week.
He would but Celtic will double up with a centre half as they know our threat through the middle is pretty weak. Can you honestly see Dessers getting the better of Carter-Vickers. He won't get his usual 4 chances so he is definitely not gonna get his every now and then goal or two.

It’s clearly not going to happen unless Lundstram gets injured, but will we even see it next season when he’s not here anymore?

Lundstram has a higher pass completion percentage because he generally knocks it five yards to the next guy, hence why he also has a higher number of passes.

When he tries to do anything more adventurous than knock it five yards, he loses it.

I know that because I watched the game. Don’t let nuance get in the way though.

Were you away for a sh!te for his pass for the equaliser and his shot for the second.

Our sitting midfielder created more than the two further ahead than him.

Who is going to be your target next season if he leaves ?

Catch 22 imo.

Move him central in a 3 and yes, we possibly gain more control and aggression in the middle. But options for wide right are so poor - not a game for McCauskand and Cantwell / Lawrence would be ineffective.

Keep him wide right abd he should be able to dominate Taylor physically and can help Tav with Maeda. However, he's not a natural winger and his lack of incisive pass or goalscoring instinct shows.

I suspect we'll see exactly the same lineup and formation as today with the exception of Yilmaz for Barisic (and possibly Davies if Balogun is injured). Just need to hope they're all fired up to the max and actually believe in themselves that they can beat the filthy swines.

Back