Steve Bruce - Sheffield Wednesday boss resigns amid Newcastle United interest

Bonnyloyal

Steve Bruce has resigned as head coach of Sheffield Wednesday amid reports he is due to be appointed as the manager of Newcastle United.

Bruce was only appointed in January and did not actually take over for another month, guiding them to a 12th-place finish in the Championship.

The Magpies held talks with 58-year-old Bruce over the position on Saturday after Rafael Benitez left last month.

He leaves Hillsborough with assistants Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence.

Newcastle have flown to China without a manager as they prepare to face Wolves in the Premier League Asia Trophy in Nanjing on Wednesday

Need to be on smack to take that job.
Even if / when Ashley's ousted he will have the merch, stadium, advertising etc all sewn up for all time.

What message does this send out to his players ? Agitate for a move and down tools ? Nothing against the big man but I'd be despairing if I supported them.

From Benetiz to Bruce

Newcastle fans must be struggling to contain their excitement

Ridiculous appointment from the fat man

He’s a Newcastle fan so can see why he’s interested. He’s cheap so can see why Newcastle interested but if club is sold he’ll be fired

I don’t mind Steve Bruce, but he is an average manager at best, he will get you promoted after 2 seasons, then get you humped in the big league.
He is a dyed in the wool Geordie, so I can’t blame him for taking the chance, but it’s the club he loves that is blinding him to the fat cúnt and his regime.
I would be suing NU for tapping up tho, that’s for sure.

You mean God help them, they’ll need it. Another crap manager that keeps getting jobs

Couldn't give a sh*te for NUFC - or for Bruce for that matter. However, anyone unfortunate enough to have any dealings with the Fat C*nt is deserving of sympathy. Even if they have brought it upon themselves.

Hopefully it all turns to ratshit and the NUFC fans - finally - make a 'real' effort to get rid of the Fat C*nt rather than the phoney war they've been engaged in. Too many of them STILL don't see what's happened to them.

Couldn't give a sh*te for NUFC - or for Bruce for that matter. However, anyone unfortunate enough to have any dealings with the Fat C*nt is deserving of sympathy. Even if they have brought it upon themselves.

Hopefully it all turns to ratshit and the NUFC fans - finally - make a 'real' effort to get rid of the Fat C*nt rather than the phoney war they've been engaged in. Too many of them STILL don't see what's happened to them.
If they sell out St James' on the opening day then any sympathy I had left for them will evaporate.

There’s no loyalty in football so I’m not shocked in the slightest.

Sheffield Wednesday could’ve sacked Bruce at the drop of a hat, so if Bruce wanted to move then I see no problem.

Players down tools, managers get moved on after 5 bad results - that’s modern day football. Get on with it.

I saw Steve Bruce in a restaurant in Puerto Banus not long back.

He is fat as %^*&, now. Well suited to Ashley :)

Wow, steve bruce newcastle manager. Poor geordies. Newcastle second only to leeds in the “why the fukk are we not one of the top sides in england” bracket.

Villa too perhaps.

I saw Steve Bruce in a restaurant in Puerto Banus not long back.

He is fat as %^*&, now. Well suited to Ashley :)
One of them will swallow up the other, Bruce is tough and not a mug but, I bet Ashley does him like a dinner I'd be scrutinising any contract really well, if Ashley didn't have the legal team he has and the money he has he'd be fu@ked but when it comes time to meet his maker then they can't help him and he'll be sweating like the fat "Cochon" that he is.

Desperate move by Ashley;and a stupid move from Bruce(even if it`s his boyhood club). The resulting car crash will be inevitable.

Sheffield Wednesday need to be reporting Newcastle Utd for tapping up!

I'll bet compo. couldn't be agreed so Bruce walked to help his new employment through.

If he stays at Wednesday, he has a chance of promotion and rebuild his career. He's almost guaranteed relegation and the sack with Newcastle

like going from the managerial equivalent of two weeks on a boat in banus harbour and ending up in Butlins Newcastle fans are getting fooked whatever way but they had it in their own pockets to sort it.

Steve Bruce has resigned as head coach of Sheffield Wednesday amid reports he is due to be appointed as the manager of Newcastle United.

Bruce was only appointed in January and did not actually take over for another month, guiding them to a 12th-place finish in the Championship.

The Magpies held talks with 58-year-old Bruce over the position on Saturday after Rafael Benitez left last month.

He leaves Hillsborough with assistants Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence.

Newcastle have flown to China without a manager as they prepare to face Wolves in the Premier League Asia Trophy in Nanjing on Wednesday
It's the Newcastle fans I feel sorry for. Fat turd Ashley screwing the club into the ground and serial managerial looser Bruce taking the helm. Chances for the new season nil.

I bet most Wednesday fans feel just like Pat Duffy, as Bruce sped up the A1 in his Jaguar XJ8 3.2 Sports version with AJ-V8 engine, classic colour interior, leather fluted seats, contrast colour keyed facia and figured walnut veneer.

Back