Steve Clarke Killie manager

Sorry mate dont really care ps another mhank manager so he’ll fit right into Scottish football

Reactions: TQ3
What a comedown for a guy who has coached or managed at some very big English clubs.
Saltcoats man, so I suppose he is now back to his local team (not that he supported them when he was a boy).

Stamford Bridge to Rugby Park is a bit of a comedown.Fair play to him for not being a big head and thinking he is above that level.He will do well there I think.

Could be an expensive risk Killie have taken. All the podcasts suggested after his time at WBA that he was a good coach but no so good manager.

Stamford Bridge to Rugby Park is a bit of a comedown.Fair play to him for not being a big head and thinking he is above that level.He will do well there I think.
His Managerial record so far is pretty poor I doubt anyone down there would take a gamble on him.

That is an impressive appointment for Kilmarnock.

A club who perennially flirt with relegation, looks like they want to break that trend and are putting their hands in their pocket to transform them.

Fair play.

I think that’s an excellent appointment by Kilmarnock, fair play to them for showing some ambition. Clarke will likely get them trying to play decent football too. Interesting.

Difficult job for any manager .killie fans have a cheek moaning at their board if more of them actually turned up for home games then they would have better finances to buy better quality .they turn out in numbers for play off games or cup finals so why cant they turn up for home games ...killie fans are killing their club

Not a bad appointment by Kilmarnock,he’s one of them,but Steve Clarke has never said or done anything to annoy me.
Yet!!!!

His brother ,Jim,played with the bheggars in the late 60's.Decent appointment for Kilmarnock and he will have good contacts down south

His brother ,Jim,played with the bheggars in the late 60's.Decent appointment for Kilmarnock and he will have good contacts down south
That was his uncle but he never played a first team game.

Hi brother (Paul) played for Kilmarnock in the 70's and 80's as a centre half

Be interesting to see how this one works out. Reckon it looks like a cracking appointment for Kilmarnock though.

I remember being quite impressed by West Brom when he was their manager for a bit. Though there's probably a reason he's Killie's manager now. Will be interesting to see how it goes but on paper looks like a brilliant hire

Was really surprised when I read it online this morning. A good appointment for killie don't know of he will keep them up though.

Scottish football needs as much exposure as possible so someone well recognised in the English game at Killie can only be a good thing

Good appointment by Killie.. hope he keeps them up .. just wish they would get rid of the plassy pitch

That's a very good appointment to be fair. I thought they'd be skint and just go for a Jim McIntyre or a Yogi Hughes.

My memory of Stevie Clarke as a St Mirren player. Scum offer £300k, St Mirren accept £400k from Chelsea.
Daft Celtic fan phones Radio Clyde complaining that St Mirren should have accepted the Sellik bid, cos "keeps the player in Scotland n'that".

Interesting appointment by Killie. He's been out of the game for a while now, so I suppose it's a bit of a gamble. In saying that, his name is an anagram of Clever Stake :p

Back