Steve Clarke

Otis Blue

Proving to be a very good manager both tactically and man management. Instills a togetherness and belief in his players. Did it with Killie and now the National team. Motivates players to do their jobs properly on the pitch and picks the right players. Has rejuvenated players and made them feel important to the team E.g Mctominay and previously Motherwell’s O’Donnell. Won important games. His actions speak louder than the few words that come out his mouth. Pretty much the ingredients we would wish to see in a Rangers Manager. More likely to be a future manager of them you might think as he obviously has no love for us and us him. But credit where credit is due. He’s doing a great job.

He's organised and competent

Both jobs killie and Scotland don't have high expectations

Could be take a big club job im not so sure the pressure is different

Even with killie they took some site one from us and them and he crumbled in interviews after them that's with killie....... can you imagine a big club where dropping points is the end of the world

I think he is a good manager and is doing wonders. Dont see him wanting to manage us or them though. He is on record not liking the goldfish bowl element of the old firm.

For all I dislike the man, you must applaud what he has done with Scotland. I can’t remember a Scotland team like this and play some nice football too. Maybe he got lucky with players etc but he certainly has the team well drilled.

Clarke is the type of manager who can take on unfashionable teams and squeeze every last drop out of players while making them difficult to beat.

If he ever had to take over a team that demands expansive attacking football I think that might be his Achilles heel.

Fair play to him though he's good at what he does even if he has the personality of a wooden plank.

He's clearly got something about him that gets his players trying their best for him. Tactically astute as well. Oh how we need a manager like that.

Proving to be a very good manager both tactically and man management. Instills a togetherness and belief in his players. Did it with Killie and now the National team. Motivates players to do their jobs properly on the pitch and picks the right players. Has rejuvenated players and made them feel important to the team E.g Mctominay and previously Motherwell’s O’Donnell. Won important games. His actions speak louder than the few words that come out his mouth. Pretty much the ingredients we would wish to see in a Rangers Manager. More likely to be a future manager of them you might think as he obviously has no love for us and us him. But credit where credit is due. He’s doing a great job.
I'm pretty sure if he was offered circa 30k a week, he'd be giving boring as %^*& press conferences wearing our tie before you know it. Will never happen though, both parties will be OK with that.

Very good manager but wouldn't take him at Rangers because I think he's in the perfect job. A great underdog manager.

Could imagine him also doing well at an Everton, Villa, West Ham type. Better manager than Moyes IMO. But not the kind of guy you want in charge of teams expected to control every game & score a lot of goals.

Reactions: dmg
He was offered a conversation around our job previously and politely declined, much the same way he did when he was asked the same question by the other lot.

Can’t be bothered putting his family through it was his reasoning.

Given his leanings and his bye bye Rangers pish he can fk right off but had things been different and he was one of us I'd imagine there would be a growing clamour for him to be a future Rangers manager.
He seems to not want any Old Fiirm ties though

Have to agree,I really dont care if our manager is likeable or not as long as he gets results.

Given his leanings and his bye bye Rangers pish he can fk right off but had things been different and he was one of us I'd imagine there would be a growing clamour for him to be a future Rangers manager.
He seems to not want any Old Fiirm ties though
He said bye bye Rangers and Celtic too meaning 1 stand not the 2 that we and Celtic got

He's organised and competent

Both jobs killie and Scotland don't have high expectations

Could be take a big club job im not so sure the pressure is different

Even with killie they took some site one from us and them and he crumbled in interviews after them that's with killie....... can you imagine a big club where dropping points is the end of the world

He only took two serious defeats out of 18 matches against us and them a 5-0 to us and a 5-1 to Celtic.

His record against us was 4 wins, 4 draws and 3 defeats.

Against Celtic it was 2 wins 2 draws and 3 defeats.

For a team like Kilmarnock that is unreal.

I don’t think he crumbled in any interviews against either of us. Stayed the same dour bar steward that he always is.

Should never have been sacked by West Brom either.

Kilmarnock did amazing to appoint him and to finish 3rd with them was remarkable. They got relegated the season after he left with basically the same squad which shows how well he done.

He was lucky to qualify IMO against Serbia and Israel but he has done remarkable this campaign. Will have a job for life now.

"one of them" meaning?
Yes, 100% Celtic and not Rangers.

But, he has been smart enough to not bottle up players. I think with Clark, he doesn’t accept the usual old firm nonsense, hence only a couple starters, even maybe no starters.

But, he is a decent manager.

Or could we say he’s achieving what he should be given the best squad we’ve had in decades and the governing bodies making it almost harder not to qualify now days.

Safe pair of hands no doubt and deserves credit for putting away the dross (a few of our managers have struggled with this recently) but I wouldn’t be getting too carried away.

Yes, 100% Celtic and not Rangers.

But, he has been smart enough to not bottle up players. I think with Clark, he doesn’t accept the usual old firm nonsense, hence only a couple starters, even maybe no starters.

But, he is a decent manager.
He was a Killie fan when he was young not Celtic

He only took two serious defeats out of 18 matches against us and them a 5-0 to us and a 5-1 to Celtic.

His record against us was 4 wins, 4 draws and 3 defeats.

Against Celtic it was 2 wins 2 draws and 3 defeats.

For a team like Kilmarnock that is unreal.

I don’t think he crumbled in any interviews against either of us. Stayed the same dour bar steward that he always is.
The 5 nill to us he was going v all sectarian to deflect from the defeat actually looked like crying after that game.

Like I've said where the expectation is not to win every game he organised and competent and is decent, he would crumble in a job like ours or them

Take away killie plastic pitch and those wins draws at least half

It’s clear he has no love for us, and he’s too negative to please the mentally challengeds, as in “he dizny play ra Sellik Wiy”.
He’ll probably be in demand from some decent size clubs whenever he chucks the Scotland job.

Have to agree,I really dont care if our manager is likeable or not as long as he gets results.
I don’t like or dislike him, but he’s certainly a good manager.

All the players look like they love playing for him so he must have some good qualities.

It’s the best run of Scotland performances I’ve ever seen and there’s a real confidence the likes I’ve never seen either. All that from a group of good players that don’t have any big stars in there.

He’s built a real team ethic and really has to be applauded for his achievements so far.

I still think there’s a lot more that this group could achieve too.

The guys a good manager and I don’t think that can be disputed. Also a lot of people are hating him because of his speech he gave after Kilmarnock finished 3rd.

I Think a lot of people are forgetting, when he said the “bye bye Rangers” stuff, he also said “bye bye celtic” as well.

It wasn’t an actual dig at Rangers as such, it just so happened that we were the opponents that day that had a full stand of supporters.

Never knew that. Thanks for informing me pal. For some reason I always thought he was of the opposite side. Thanks for educating me on that mate.
Not meaning you but a lot of people thought he was a Celtic man because he went to St Andrews in Saltcoats not Auchenharvie

Back