Steven Davis is a must to try and get in January.

Guy said 1000pc, I’m going for 10,000pc.

Has the experience we lack and won’t look like a rabbit in the headlights next time we walk out onto the pitch at the Glitter Dome/Stade de Gadd/Chamber of Secrets/Theatre of Shame/Stade de Nonce/Carpet Factory playing Separate Entity FC.

I'd take him on loan till the end of the season and see how it works out,there after maybe a one year deal or if he's maybe prone to picking up injuries pay as you play

A player that is always looking for the ball when his team are under pressure. Comfortable and confident on the ball, very rarely misplaces a pass. Experienced, leadership qualities, a winner.

See when our midfield goes missing (and it does) the likes of a Davis are exactly what you need.

Coming up for 34 so he's clearly not going to be the box to box he once was, but stick him in the middle of the park, slightly deeper and watch him pick out passes, retain possession, want the ball, dictate the tempo and he's got the ability to move it quickly. He won't thunder into a challenge but he will read the game and win a challenge by using his brain.

Guy said 1000pc, I’m going for 10,000pc.

Has the experience we lack and won’t look like a rabbit in the headlights next time we walk out onto the pitch at the Glitter Dome/Stade de Gadd/Chamber of Secrets/Theatre of Shame/Stade de Nonce/Carpet Factory playing Separate Entity FC.
San giro paedo dome,piggery,Lego land god so many names !

A player that is always looking for the ball when his team are under pressure. Comfortable and confident on the ball, very rarely misplaces a pass. Experienced, leadership qualities, a winner.

See when our midfield goes missing (and it does) the likes of a Davis are exactly what you need.

Coming up for 34 so he's clearly not going to be the box to box he once was, but stick him in the middle of the park, slightly deeper and watch him pick out passes, retain possession, want the ball, dictate the tempo and he's got the ability to move it quickly. He won't thunder into a challenge but he will read the game and win a challenge by using his brain.
The thought of Jack,Arfield and Davis instantly fills me with more confidence in our midfield ability.
If Coulibaly could regain his early season form for tougher away games we'd make it very difficult to get at the back four while still retaining a player who can pick a pass to get us moving offensively also.

I like Steven Davis ... he’s a very solid passing midfield general

However we are crying out for a player who plays on the edge of the opposition box and cuts them open at will

I've hardly seen him since he left.

His ability isn't in question it's his age/fitness.

For those that have seen him are you positive his legs haven't gone and he's not another Dorrans/Barton/Kranjcar?

The Davis of today is not the same Davis of 5 years ago.
Hasn’t lost a thing going by Thursday night’s performance.

Hard to judge though his form though, he’s only started a few games for Southampton in the League Cup. He rarely even makes the bench for league games.

He may do a turn but remember that he’ll not be the same player of 5 years ago. He’s had a few long term injuries in the past year and we should be cautious.

I have absolutely zero concerns about his ability to play in our league. He will be a tremendous signing.

The Davis of today is not the same Davis of 5 years ago.

Hard to judge though his form though, he’s only started a few games for Southampton in the League Cup. He rarely even makes the bench for league games.

He may do a turn but remember that he’ll not be the same player of 5 years ago. He’s had a few long term injuries in the past year and we should be cautious.

If he’s a fraction off the player he was 2 years ago we’re in business.

Buy what you choose pal nobody's trying to force you ,but in my opinion to say he would be universally welcomed back here just isn't true. He will encounter the same as Mcgregor and Lafferty did because some people (and more than just a few) just can't see past what happened in 2012

Even although the Davis situation is completely different from all the other players as he stayed to earn rangers a fee which he wasn't entitled to do, he was the most loyal of them all.

And anyone who wants to criticise a player for moving club instead of spending 3 or 4 years in the scottish league lower leagues is a complete tube who needs their head checked

I have absolutely zero concerns about his ability to play in our league. He will be a tremendous signing.

In fairness we heard this about Barton, Dorrans, etc too.

That they would come up here and piss it.

I'm not saying Davis wouldn't btw. I genuinely don't know because I don't know if his legs have gone or not.

Tbh we need another midfielder, jack, dorrans, rossiter, couli & arfield have all missed games.

Whether Davis is the chap to come in who knows - I think a loan deal would suit all parties IF he is fit

Davis has had one injury at the end of last season. Has played a lot of games for Southampton until this season and look how bad they are without him. Always available.

I have seen him play a lot for N.I and he is 8 out of 10 every match.

A good loan signing and then take it from there.

Watching the wee fella tonight and he looks levels above anything on the field tonight and if what we hear is true and he is available for loan then pick him up for free in the summer we must be all over it imo.

He is exactly what we miss in midfield imo and he is supposedly very keen to come back.

Thoughts?

Cant mate the staunch taliban that have been up Mike Ashleys arse from day 1 to till today say NO!

%^*& it I say get the band back together and the tunes oan

You would THINK Davis was the second coming of christ the way people go on about him.
Ibrox is not a last pay day retirement home for mid 30s epl championship players.
We have been down this road to many times already.

You would THINK Davis was the second coming of christ the way people go on about him.
Ibrox is not a last pay day retirement home for mid 30s epl championship players.
We have been down this road to many times already.

He is still a top quality player, of that you can be assured.

Maybe we can get Naisy and Kenny as well. Get the band back together. Think of the wages we'll save on scouts

Boyd might have learned his lesson too and could be willing to put in a shift. Third time lucky?

I don't know how anyone can watch that game and think that Steven Davis is the answer to all of our problems.

I hate to use one of them as an example but we need someone who does for us what Rogic does for them.

Maybe we can get Naisy and Kenny as well. Get the band back together. Think of the wages we'll save on scouts

Boyd might have learned his lesson too and could be willing to put in a shift. Third time lucky?
Well we would have been better keeping Kenny than signing Lafferty of Sadiq

He is exactly what our team needs. Not loan players from Everton who give you one in three games we need this guy back and helping our midfield.

I don't know how anyone can watch that game and think that Steven Davis is the answer to all of our problems.

I hate to use one of them as an example but we need someone who does for us what Rogic does for them.

Not the answer to all our problems but certainly an improvement on the weak ass midfield we have at the minute.

Not a leader among them as it stands.

Back