Steven Davis

MosesMcNeil99

Think the Heart and Hand guys had said a while back that there was rumours kicking about Davis might be keen on a return.

No brainier for me the guys a top pro. Think he's one year left on his deal at Southampton but don't imagine they'd be difficult to deal with if we wanted him. I doubt he's in their plans.

Davis would be brilliant signing, get him, Harry Wilson on loan and a top striker and we are getting very close to a proper team

Davo was in scotland at the weekend for his brothers wedding,

When asked if he was going to glasgow to sign he said no unfortunately, and then when asked if he would come back to Rangers he replied with a smile and said 100%

Source: my pal on a flight from southampton >glasgow.

Depends on fitness, cost and length of contract.

And on whether the manager wants him.

Think the Heart and Hand guys had said a while back that there was rumours kicking about Davis might be keen on a return.

No brainier for me the guys a top pro. Think he's one year left on his deal at Southampton but don't imagine they'd be difficult to deal with if we wanted him. I doubt he's in their plans.

Source was a well-connected St Mirren fan who lives down that part of Hampshire.

Said source (and he's absolutely reliable on this) indicated SD was and is 'desperate to return to Ibrox'. And that was before SG was appointed.

Mind you, just because he wants that doesn't mean it'll happen.

Massive yes for me Davis is a proper box to box midfielder with plenty of energy and offers quality going forward. Even at 33 he's well worth a deal.

Scott fucking Brown wouldnt be able to stroll about with his cigar with SD snapping at the lady's front bottom.

Ok - who's jersey / position does he take ?

A good servant but been away from Ibrox longer now than he was with us

Time to move forwards

A no brainer from me - has been tremendous anytime I've seen him lately
But as per another post above - SG would have to want him first
We can't just squeeze him into a team that might not be able to accommodate him or get the best from him and those he's playing along side him

Who do you think would keep him out of our team?
I reckon SG will go with a midfield diamond with Mcrorie at the DM role, Arfield as the AM and a choice of Jack - Dorrans - Candias - Rossiter with the likes of Windass and Murphy able to drop in as well

Cannot see Davis offering more than what any of them can ?

It’s a yes from me. We need that winning mentality back and Steven Davis will bring back a presence and an ability that will spur the rest on.

My boy met him in the gym Hotel in Dubai and asked him straight out when you coming home

He said with a smile not hears anything yet that was a week ago

So fuk no clearer

As I asked any body language he said no

So it sounded to me as it could happen if push came to shove. ??

Even a 33 year old Davis is out of our range. He’d probably make wages not an issue but it’s the transfer fee that would %^*& us.

Obviously I’d take him in a second but there’s no chance of him.

Davis back at Ibrox is a no brainer sorry i keep seeing people clamouring for McCrorie in CM but we can't be relying on a youngster who blew hot n cold last season, we need better quality and Davis is by far better than anything we have at the club.

Back