Steven Gerrard post match

To be fair David Edgar knows what's coming next: letter writing campaigns to UEFA and the SFA, questions to the First Minister etc.

Ooft, I expect a full apology from David on H&H tomorrow

probably just unfortunate to be up first, and it was a pretty reasonable question almost teeing up some praise for Nathan but coming up against someone as media savvy as our manager he probably had that response primed for whoever brought the subject up.

anyone not planning on sleeping tonight that could keep David company?

Plenty in here wanting the boys binned. Someone was going to ask it. Be a nice plant from a friendly journalist if put across well (if tin foil hats are your thing.)

Live footage of David Edgar's feed during Gerrard's response.

WHUvhiH.gif

Ooft fukked it there, the gaffer is fuming with that expects that line of questions from the arseholes in the media.

His face when David asked that question. Oh dear. Oh dear.

I'm not sure it was a poor question to ask but thats not the 1st question you ask, and you word it differently , start with what an inspired substitution Steven!

I think "morning David" will be retired for the rest of the season. ;)

Don't worry @David Edgar . Stevie Ger has admitted making mistakes of his own, and he believes in giving people a second chance. Or could he just be making you work harder to be his bestie? I mean come on, if you're going to be Stevie's bestie you can't go all Andrew Neil with your first question. However, by answering the question I think he wanted to let you know the door is still open :))

Ooft David’s had a mare there hasn’t he?

Touch of nerves being first up perhaps and was maybe expecting to come in later in the piece, but you’ve got to show a wee bit more composure than that surely.

No H&H post match report yet. Was David put in a cell and locked up at Ibrox...?
Or still waiting outside StevieG's door for the chance to apologize...?

I thought it was fair, I only get one q and tbh if I hadn’t asked it it would have been a case of bottling it. I can’t say fan media don’t just ask fluffy questions then lob a softball in case I get a row.

Trust me though, I’ve seen him kill people in the presser, I’ll take my slap like a man and move on,

Still love him :))

I thought it was fair, I only get one q and tbh if I hadn’t asked it it would have been a case of bottling it. I can’t say fan media don’t just ask fluffy questions then lob a softball in case I get a row.

Trust me though, I’ve seen him kill people in the presser, I’ll take my slap like a man and move on,

Still love him :))
Just play it safe next time and ask him where he got his jacket from :)

David's question was harmless enough but a bit unwise as Nathan's misdemeanor is still sensitive. However Steven did suggest that Rangers have drawn a line under his behaviour which is in fact what David said, though there may be an SFA punishment. I suppose Steven being on a high after a 5-2 win may have expected a question like 'What a great goal by young Nathan, you must have been delighted with his contribution?' I thought David was a bit unfortunate here rather than wrong.
On the bright side, what a cracking substitution. It is great when it comes off like that. :))

Back