Press Conference Steven Gerrard press conference ahead of Dundee United away game

mdingwall

Administrator
Steven Gerrard press conference ahead of Dundee United away game

No Hagi, Middleton close to loan deal, Roofe and Alfie available for selection but Alfie far has only one training session under his belt. Kamara back in squad and has very firm offer on the table for him to ponder. Club have been told to go easy on Ryan Jack over the next few weeks.

Why did no one ask about Aribo? Same old pishy questions that have no relevance to the specific game.

The Sun (I know) are suggesting Morelos will miss this weekend. I didn’t see that hint from from gaffer although he did say he will only have a couple of sessions under his belt.

Do we think he will be on the bench?

The Sun (I know) are suggesting Morelos will miss this weekend. I didn’t see that hint from from gaffer although he did say he will only have a couple of sessions under his belt.

Seems the most likely.

173 games :oops:

Love the look on Conor and the gaffers face as soon as the crown was mentioned :))

Last edited:
The thing is the guy that done him should already have been on a yellow for tripping Hagi off the ball. Wouldn’t have been able to make that tackle if the ref had done his job in the first place.

This is a massive bugbear for me, do the job correctly and protect all players.

Alfie will get some game time for me, SG playing it cagey. The good thing about Alfredo is that he doesnt really need to get up to speed with tactics and formations so it will be all about fitness. Tuesday is made for him to start and push us into the next round.

He thinks he can get 30 minutes in his legs and be ready for Malmo

I bumped into AM20 in the city centre yesterday, he was heading north on Buchanan Street, he was on the ‘phone talking Portuguese/Spanish/Columbian.
I noticed him straight away, I didn’t make much of a fuss but he cut along a lane heading towards the Mitchell Lane NCP car park. I followed him incognito to make sure he got back to his car safe and sound. Doing my external Garrion security brief out on the streets of Glasgow…

Just listened to the press conference in reference to kamara gerrard says theres a good offer from the club that glens advisors are happy with the offer and it's up to glen now. So seems promising

Sitting down with 2 midfielders after this to go over clips and individual stuff. Maybe Arfield and Lundstram with clips from the other night in terms of playing together maybe? Could be anyone I suppose. However even if we do go into Malmö with the same midfield I think they’ll be better prepared, sharper and won’t play as badly as the other night. Especially with some insight from the gaffer.

I thought SG looked a bit down beat in his interview.

Came in got his thread to see if it was just me who thought that.

Seemed exasperated about something. I don't know if it's the delay on Jack, the suspended players or just dealing with a press conference when he's trying to prepare the team for some big games, but hopefully it's nothing.

I am curious what two midfielders he sitting down with to go over clips. Lundstram and Arfield after midweek possibly? Especially if we don't have Kamara or jack available.

Doesn’t appear to be any different to any PC he does to me?

I honestly think Gerrard is a grumpy person at times (nowt wrong with that). This is at 9/930 in the morning where he probably wants to be getting on with other work. He has is game face on for me.

Heres a shot of him happy from todays twitter.

E8F85LDXoAMssiJ

Incredible that we are being forced to play our two biggest games of the season without arguably our entire first choice midfield. Kamara, Aribo, Jack and Hagi.

I actually thought the opposite re the interviews, Gerrard was same as always, laser focused and open, Conner you could see the excitement coming out already at Tuesday and a full Ibrox.

I thought SG looked a bit down beat in his interview.
We are just off the back of a champs league qualifier defeat and have a host of key players missing for the return leg. He isn’t going to be bouncing about full of the joys of spring

The thing is the guy that done him should already have been on a yellow for tripping Hagi off the ball. Wouldn’t have been able to make that tackle if the ref had done his job in the first place.
True, and this first challenge thing is a total nonense as well. We don't expect a free kick that's ballooned over the bar to be retaken because it's a first time free kick by a player, why should a bookable challenge go without a yellow because it's a first? No matter at what time in the game, and by which player, a bookable challenge should lead to a card.

True, and this first challenge thing is a total nonense as well. We don't expect a free kick that's ballooned over the bar to be retaken because it's a first time free kick by a player, why should a bookable challenge go without a yellow because it's a first? No matter at what time in the game, and by which player, a bookable challenge should lead to a card.
It was a standard yellow. Hagi looking to play the one two with Tav. Would’ve had the entire Livi right hand side to run into and he just blatantly tripped him.

Couldn't believe he got away with it. Five minutes or so later a tackle bordering on a red and Hagi is off injured.

Yet come Monday all the press want to talk about is Hallidays tackle on McGregor when we have lost a player to injury to a poorer challenge?

Really frustrating news about Hagi - really hope he makes it for Malmo midweek.
The minute he was booted by the livi animal I said to myself this is another Aribo injury , happened to him last season and ended up missing about 8 matches . Scunnered

I bumped into AM20 in the city centre yesterday, he was heading north on Buchanan Street, he was on the ‘phone talking Portuguese/Spanish/Columbian.
I noticed him straight away, I didn’t make much of a fuss but he cut along a lane heading towards the Mitchell Lane NCP car park. I followed him incognito to make sure he got back to his car safe and sound. Doing my external Garrion security brief out on the streets of Glasgow…
What's Portugese/Spanish/Colombian for "Some weird guy is watching me... I'll cut down this lane to get away... %^*&! This weirdo is following me!"?

Back